AquatikJustice

Inventory Not Saving on Logout

Lost My ALICE pack with all my food/ water and and all tools for about 2 h ago and my weapons.

Server SE6

And i when log out, and when i logged in again, did i spawn on a location i started 2 - 3 hour:s ago

So something is wrong

Edited by Macbang

Had full gear. Logged on to a new server and everything except for my location and ghillie was gone. Tough shit.

Edited by Snakedad

I killed a sniper, took his ghillie suit, 50 cal, NVGs and every tool in the game. Change servers to find I have my old gear again. WTF

I have the same problem nine of ten times I play the game.

It doesn't matter if I change the server or login at the same. Usually I lose my weapon, items (belt and backpack, too) and start with some beginner's equipment.

I tried to delete every ARMA / DayZ -file and reinstall the game: no effect.

Two days ago I found a heli crashsite and I was crouching through a really big bunch of zombies in the middle of the night. Quite exciting and I found the FAL. I crouched back into safety and met a friend some miles away. We played together for an hour on a stable, well working server without connection problems. Next day we started again, he had -as usual- his inventory, but mine rolled back and I had no food and my old weapon again, but no ammo.

The game seems to save my status (blood, energy, temperature etc.) but not the inventory (just in one of ten cases)

Some days ago, it didn't even save the status, but maybe this was another bug: I was shot by another player, lost a lot of blood and felt down. First there was no hourglass, then it showed up, but didn't work. I decided to shutdown after a few minutes. My character didn't die and when I've restarted the game, he got his old health status.

What can I do? I can't "delete" my charakter, 'cause it's saved on the server. I can't play the game either, 'cause this bug kills the fun and my patience.

Edit:

When? Over the last two weeks, last time at 07/31/12, about 01:00 am

What happened? Lost inventory

Where you were? Near Chernorgorsk, but this happened in several places

Edited by Splitterzunge

Has anyone got back with a fix for this, or is the 1.7.2.5 released yet? I know wednesday was mentioned for the fix release but havent heard any different as of yet.

I noticed that after i aborted .... i had an assult rifle. (without any ammo or such) i had to abort because i was chased, and than when i relogged. i had my former hatchet.

happened me like .. twice this week.

Date/Time: 7/27/12 @ 9pm (US Central Time)

What happened: Respawned after death and found a shotgun (Remington 870) then a few minutes later logged out to switch servers to play with my friends. When I spawned in the shotgun was gone. Found a couple of things, then logged out due to massive graphical issues. After logging back in, all the new items I found were gone. Both times I was neither in shock, bleeding or had any broken bones.

Where you were: In the medical tents/deer stand area by Balota

What you were doing: Had just started after dieing.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.4

*Server(s) you were on: US1094 and US956(??)

Stop server hopping and give the hive time to actually save your progress. I'm sure thats the case.

I logged onto what was supposed to be a nighttime server since I was next to Stary Sober and wanted to move to a better location. Ran across to some trees a safe distance from teh town and logged out to jump on a different server. Upon logging on, my backpack, tools, m24 and pdw were all gone. All I had left was my basic inventory.

As for "server hopping", if I don't like the settings on a server then chances are I am not going to stay depending on the amount of danger there is. I'll try to sit for a minute for the Hive's sake, but there is no way I will attempt to play on a server that is giving 10fps.

I have an as50 equippd along with an m4 silenced in my bag, i came back in this morning after logging last night, lost all the ammo for my as50 m1911 and my bag is completely.fucking.empty.

Happened to me too. Played for about 6 hours today had found a gun, bunch of food and soda and i was set. Logged out for about an hour and logged in with all my stats on the Debug Monitor the same but inventory back to the basics (Painkiller, Flash light, and bandage). This fuckin sucks....

I have reinstal the complet Game Arma 2 + OA + @DayZ

Everything reinstalled but it still happens the same

I think it has something with the main server to be set or something is wrong with us

I also tried the firewall off but it's still the same

I have this on every Server .... -.-

whether DE or LU or US it is on every server

i ned help it is essential to help no matter what I currently I can not play at all

Stop server hopping and give the hive time to actually save your progress. I'm sure thats the case.

I think this man here, got it right. I've had this 'bug' a couple of times too, and in those cases the items I lost were the items I had acquired just before I logged out. So don't logout just after you found some l33t gear.

Logged on today to find that my big Coyote backpack that I've had for 3 days has simply disappeared from my back as well as my main weapon(m4a1 CCO) sidearm (m1911) , my backpack had a m249 saw in it :(, my tools have disappeared as well, and all I'm left with is what was in my main inventory, a couple mags and a cooked meat :(, I was just starting to get good gear too!!

I think I've just experienced this bug... was going to make a thread but I see it's been done. I log back in and I've lost my entire backpack (the actual backpack itself)... it was a large one with 12 slots, containing an AK-47 and one clip, I also lost my primary weapon, an AKM and my hatchet and torch were gone too. That was harsh :(

I've just been royally fucked over by this bug.

Got sniped in the woods between Cherno and Balota. Annoying, but I'd had a very good run. Respawned near Kamyshovo, decided to see if I could get some of my stuff back. Sprinted all the way back west along the coast to my corpse. Pretty much everything was still there, I couldn't believe my luck. My NVGs, GPS, M14, 1911, ALICE pack, ammo, tools. Couldn't get my ghillie suit back, but no matter. Logged out next to my corpse, as I'd had enough excitement for one day. Logged back in a few minutes later to double-check what I'd got back, as I thought I'd spotted that whoever killed me had looted my cooked meat and blood bags, and replaced them with even more DMR mags (I already had like 12). Upon logging in, everything was gone. I was back to the starting kit, and my corpse was still empty.

I've been burned by randomly disappearing items before, but this time is beyond the pale. This, plus the graphical artifacting bug that's taking way too long to be patched, plus I guess the fact that I've more or less seen everything the game currently has to offer, means I probably won't be playing again for a while.

I just tried if it's possible to duplicate my stuff by putting them into a tent, saving the tent, picking up the stuff again, then logging out and back in. It worked.

3p692i.jpg

Edited by Son of Liberty

Date/Time: 7/27/12 @ 9pm (US Central Time)

What happened: Respawned after death and found a shotgun (Remington 870) then a few minutes later logged out to switch servers to play with my friends. When I spawned in the shotgun was gone. Found a couple of things, then logged out due to massive graphical issues. After logging back in, all the new items I found were gone. Both times I was neither in shock, bleeding or had any broken bones.

Where you were: Next to Balota at the field

What you were doing: I was looting my own dead corpse(And btw..I died to a bug...) and logged out to take a shit.

I lost AK47 Kobra, G17 and bunch of other good stuff..

Current installed version: 1.7.2.5

*Server(s) you were on: US 404

I think this man here, got it right. I've had this 'bug' a couple of times too, and in those cases the items I lost were the items I had acquired just before I logged out. So don't logout just after you found some l33t gear.

I've lost things I have carried for hours. How do you explain that then?

This wasn't the case for me. I lost stuff I had for over 30 minutes. I also lost my torch which you spawn with. Also, if the progress wasn't saved, I would have expected the stuff I dropped to grab the new gear, such as my basic pack I replaced with a bigger one, to have reappeared... also I wouldn't have spawned back in the place i logged out if it wasn't saved.

Logged on today to find that my big Coyote backpack that I've had for 3 days has simply disappeared from my back as well as my main weapon(m4a1 CCO) sidearm (m1911) , my backpack had a m249 saw in it :(, my tools have disappeared as well, and all I'm left with is what was in my main inventory, a couple mags and a cooked meat :(, I was just starting to get good gear too!!

Same thing happened to me today when joining our regular server. I did some testing and removed everything out of my inventory (except ammo, food, drinks,...) and only had a watch in my toolbelt, this all in our regular server. I logged out, logged back in, and it was still there. I logged in to another server, and still the watch was there. I logged back out, and logged back into our regular server, and the watch was gone again.

Food, ammo, drinks,... stay in my inventory though.

Edited by rubmifer

they need to fix this. whats the point of playing if my stuff just keeps disappearing everytime. just lost my motherload of loot.

This happens due to the hive not saving your gear on logging out. More likely because you have lag (high ping) on the server and the server is a third party between the client (you) and the Hive (database) which holds and saves your current character data. The lag is an important factor because it also lags the save command when activated because just think if you have lag when using actions on the server and world then its going to take time for the server to access your character data, gather new information then send to the Hive and update. Its all in correspondence in each other.

A few tips when on a server.

• Check the server ping, if its high then wait around 5 - 7 minutes before leaving the server to lower the risk of your gear not saving. If its low wait around 2 - 4 minutes before leaving.
  • Mess around with your gear, press G, click on a few items, if you can swap them around between your active inventory and backpack. This is just to invoke the save operation between the Client, Server and Hive.

After that you should be safe to disconnect just remember higher ping, higher time, lower ping, lower time and do an action to invoke the save command on the server to Hive connection.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

Edited by CRUSADER_111

I have had this issue since i got the game i thought it was something everybody had.If i log out all my stuff reverts to what i had 10 minutes before i log out and typically i normally find good stuff just as i am about to log out.

Such a pain walking around with cool stuff so i can save it

Please for the love of God read through the topic before posting. Myself and many others have spent time to tell you possible ways of getting around it, read it, try it and if it works then keep doing it. We're not asking for much but mine is proven and at the end of the topic and your just ignoring it and continuing to ramble on how shit it is that its still happening and hasn't been fixed when plenty of others like 90% of the people on this topic has said the exact same thing.

Please use some initiative and common sense.

CRUSADER