AquatikJustice

Inventory Not Saving on Logout

Has anyone heard if they are trying to fix this bug? Its a pain in the ass but not the end of the world as I just ramble on and loot the place.

why is this not bey everyone ?? my Friends hasn't got this ? waht is this ?? ....

everyon on 1.7.2.4 ?? or other patches ?

FIX THIIIISSSSSS

****POSSIBLE FIX****

Delete everything that has to do with DayZ and Arma on your computer. Then just re-install. Worked for me, hopefully it helps!

****POSSIBLE FIX****

Delete everything that has to do with DayZ and Arma on your computer. Then just re-install. Worked for me, hopefully it helps!

Are you getting the dodgy graphics aswell? Maybe kill two birds with one stone

Are you getting the dodgy graphics aswell? Maybe kill two birds with one stone

I still get them, but sometimes they go away if I just restart the game, it actually just happened to me, and I just died, but oh well. :P

****POSSIBLE FIX****

Than is my char with no wappons no gili suit away ? ?! or save this the main server my datas?

Edited by Zoidberg

I have the same problem. It happen 100% of the times that I loose everything I have when I login. Another problem that came at the same time is that I can't see the text that tells you where you spawning. I can hear the sound animation for it but cannot see the text.

Been like this for like 1 month now. 1 of 10 that I play this game with have the same problem as me. Not playable right now

Edited by Alahadi

A possible fix for this is to mess around with your inventory like moving items around waiting a couple of minutes (so the server can save your character) then leave the server through aborting function. If that doesn't work put the most valuable items in your backpack (ammo you want to keep because it seems to be only happening with miscellaneous gear/items) and the backpack should act as a secondary save or a safe save if you will. Possibly placing items in your backpack then putting them back into your active inventory could sort this bug out but is unproven, as is the rest of what I've said.

Its a possibility you can try because you have nothing to lose just make sure you have enough space in your backpack when swapping items around otherwise you will lose those items because the backpack has a glitch to.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

Than is my char with no wappons no gili suit away ? ?! or save this the main server my datas?

I'm sorry, a certain amount of proper english and grammar are needed, you did not pass this. Please retype your question because I and I guess many others have no idea of what your trying to ask.

CRUSADER

this could be a couple things.

* perhaps you are server hopping to fast

* changing servers while a de-sync warning is up may cause this

* dayZ bugs

alpha stage mods are difficult at times. yesterday i got 'teleported' on login to the cherno shore with all my gear, which was quite the long walk back to my camp around gorka.

Edited by -Evo

this could be a couple things.

* perhaps you are server hopping to fast

* changing servers while a de-sync warning is up may cause this

* dayZ bugs

alpha stage mods are difficult at times. yesterday i got 'teleported' on login to the cherno shore with all my gear, which was quite the long walk back to my camp around gorka.

Good possibilities, and if you got randomly teleported with your gear its a good chance you were a victim of a hacker but luckily got away. Also probably not best to tell people where abouts your camp is, you know bandits are sometimes persistent.

CRUSADER

god damn.. motherf.. ok, its Alfa. its Alfa.

found crashed heli, got two M107, one dmr, one bizon. Shared sniper rifles with mates, left bizon for myself (i have a ghillie on). Killed few zombies on my way to safe place in barn where all sharing with mates and swapping, droping on the floor took place. On my way i shot like 10 zombies with Bizon. Oh happy moments. About 15 minutes passed since the looting of heli, we logged off. I logged in 30 minutes later to see that all the ammo for my bizon is gone. all three clips. Its alfa.. god damn.. mo..

just one weird thing: when tried dropping DMR on the floor, i couldn't. It took like three attempts to drop it. Maybe it has nothing to do with not saving. dunno.

our little "old farts" crew was so happy about this fat loot. Will see what they have tomorrow.

1. Was server @hive?

yes it was. server DE 63 (@hive)

2. Did u shoot zombies after looting the guns?

yes i did. gun stayed, ammo gone.

Edited by beveik

*Date/Time: GMT + 2 ~14:00 till 00:00 yesterday (31 July), this morning ~6:00 (1 Aug)

*What happened: Logged in expecting to continue from where I left off, but all my gear reverted to a much earlier time (also happened on the 30th), now every time I log in I log in in the exact same state gear wise (though it saves my movement usually).

*Where you were: All around the map (Cherno -> Kopyto -> Nadezhdino -> Zub -> Vyshnoye -> Guglovo -> Gorka -> Devil's Castle -> Krastonav being a good example, logged out and in several times along that route and kept going back to the wrong inventory state)

*What you were doing: General looting, moving around the map, would have my ADSL disconnect and when I reconnected I would be reverted, or I would log out and back in a short while later after taking a break and still be in the reverted state. If I died, I would spawn again and wherever I play to before whenever it saves the first time would save correctly.

*Current installed version: DayZ 1.7.2.4, ARMA Beta patch 95417

*Server(s) you were on: ZA 2 primarily (also tried ZA 1, 3 and 4)

*Your system specs: Intel Q6600 quad core, 4Gb RAM, Ati Radeon 6770 DirectCU

*Timeline of events before/after error: The path I went was long so I cant detail it all well (it was a long session), but if you want I can write myself logs of my next play sessions and post them?

and again a thread about people lossing their gear due to a bug and no dev gives a fuck about.

i understand that this game is in alpha and bugs can happen any time and in any form. i also understand, that we (the players) are testing this game and should report any bugs, glitches or piles of burned chicken in order to let the devs know what to fix.

BUT:

this must be the 15th or more thread about the exact same thing, that people lose their gear just because ... f*ck u thats why. in not one of these threads i've seen a dev or at least a forums moderator post anything. i've sent a ticket and many others have done so, too. some people even told their problems directly to the devs. but in any case they and me, we just were ignored.

my ticket was deleted almost immediatly after i reported the bug. and i did not hear anything about a dev answering the other guys messages.

if we should post our problems and write bug-tickets, it should be the devs responsibility to at least read them and write an answer. even if the answer was "we just dont have any time for ur shit" it would be more than we heard about this at all.

for me it seems that the devs just don't care about it, because it's just a few dozen people complaining about. my opinion of what goes on in their heads is: "oh there is a bunch of people complaining, that the game is just unplayable, because their progress isn't saved. f*ck it, those people whose tents are not saving are much more important thant those who can NOT PLAY because of a stupid bug i am just too lazy to solve."

this is not meant as an insult, but maybe it gets at least someone, who can say anything about this problem to have a look at this thread and give an answer. i'd really like to play the mod, but i just don't want to start from zero after EVERY relog. no matter where, when, which server or if there was a squirrel in front of my window or not.

to devs: please just notice the problem. or let us know if the problem is noticed yet.

Just lost an AS50 to this bug :(

I had both an AS50(my first one) and an FN FAL, and i was running around with the FAL out, found a crashed heli and pulled out the AS50 to scout around, looted the heli and then switched back to the FAL. I double checked to make sure the AS50 actually went into my backpack, and then went running off, looted a couple of other barns and killed a couple of zombies while i moved to where my friend logged out. When i logged out and switched servers to meet my friend, my AS50 was missing from my backpack, and a random bandage i didnt have before took its place....

Needless to say, that was a little frustrating... now i need to hunt for a sniper again *sigh* go dayz alpha lol

Rather odd some people have this issue while others like myself have never had it happen? I have changed servers quite a bit at times if server I am logging into is laggy or the time of day is not what its suppose to be, my items are always there.

As for the graphics issue that was also mentioned in this thread, what fixed it for me was setting video memory in advanced settings to default.

Ok, so I have something to report back. For the last year or so I havent had an issue with anything due to my Anti-Virus/Firewall (Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender), but last night I figured I might as well try disabling it (and everything else) to see when I do or do not save (in case a program was interfering). It turns out with MSE+WD disabled I can play on any server with no issues with the items saving. I have a feeling it is blocking connections to BattleEye or something.

EDIT: it seems it happens again this morning. Lsot tons of CZ 550 ammo, camo, food, etc.

Edited by edg3

Date/Time: 7/27/12 @ 9pm (US Central Time)

What happened: Respawned after death and found a shotgun (Remington 870) then a few minutes later logged out to switch servers to play with my friends. When I spawned in the shotgun was gone. Found a couple of things, then logged out due to massive graphical issues. After logging back in, all the new items I found were gone. Both times I was neither in shock, bleeding or had any broken bones.

Where you were: In the medical tents/deer stand area by Balota

What you were doing: Had just started after dieing.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.4

*Server(s) you were on: US1094 and US956(??)

roughh

This happen to me. I finally died on my 3week old character from a sniper. Ran all the way back to my body and the sniper who killed me didn't loot my body.

I got all my gear back. DMR, GPS, backpack with M4A1 CCO SD and supplies.I got all of my gear back so i decided to log off for a bit and when i got back all of my gear was gone >:|

NOT HAPPY

• Like 1

i played with the m4a1 cco at zelo i take out my as50 in my backpack its a bit late so i log out and play for tomorrow.

THis morning i log in want to take my m4a1 cco in backpack and i see a LEE in my pack o0 the m4a1 cco is gone :s

It's not just inventory. It's the hive itself. It's just plainly not saving things properly. Thats why we have this massive amount of duping, inventory disappearing if you disconnect too quickly after obtaining it, vehicles reappearing fully repaired. Driving a vehicle, hitting something and breaking it, only to hop out and back in and it's fully repaired again. Things like that. It has to be a problem with the hive itself.

I'm pretty sure this happens when you are in a server with de-sync occurring when you logout because, your loadout can't be sent to HIVE when you logout.

Try logging out only when you have no chains on the screen. If you still loose your stuff this is a proper bug.

Ye something similar has happened to me, 3 times in the last 6 or so hours I've lost all my tools, weapons and backpack and the first time I had every tool in the game, a coyote backpack, a G17 and a M4A1 CCO SD. That made me very sad but I kept going on and the last time I had a MP5SD and a new coyote backpack and logged out close to the NW airfield and when I logged back in on a different server I was in a Kamenka and again lost my weapon, tools and backpack.

I did not have any chains at the any of the three times.

Edited by Balvar

I always make sure there is no de-sync when I logout. The first time I found out what the chain meant i started to fear that if i did log with a chain my character would erase, so ive trained myself pretty well to pay attention to de-sync, and this bug still occurs... although one server that i play on fairly regularly, US 468, is running 1.7.2.4/beta 95389 and not 95417, and i have 95417, and I lost the AS50 after logging from that server. Is it possible that the version difference is the issue? Although i get no other issues from that server, including location, zombie kills, health etc., everthing else saves, and even the inventory issue seems to happen only every now and then for me, and only to items in pack, not main inventory.