Flax

Ladders, Ladders Ladders

Why can they climb ladders, this is just wrong on so many levels. It is a single haven on the map. I was being chased by 15+ Z's and got to a lighthouse with no ammo, planned to fix myself up and wait for my friend who was about 500-600m away and yet 10 secs later 4 zombies have followed me up the ladder and killed me.

Zombies would be able to climb ladders it would be slow but they would be able to climb ladders if there was a way to slow them down it would be better.

I disagree ever read zombie survival guide? Basically says lack of intelligence would not allow them to climb' date=' they would just pile up on top of each other until one got to the human.

they are infected... not zombies

Day Z surely would be DayI :P

I agree, zombies shouldn't be allowed to climb ladders, simply so were given another method of escape, as is there isn't enough ways to escape, they run faster then us, hit through, see through and walk through walls all too often, if you have no ammo your dead, so yes, ladders being player only would work nicely.

I'd also like to put out there that if a zombie has lost line of SIGHT of you for 5-15 seconds they should disengage as well. Pursuit should entirely rely on sight, if a zombie hears you I think they shouldn't suddenly engage but move toward you like they do currently with a thrown bottle or can perhaps at a fast walk pace to compensate.

I prefer not having such an easy time to escape. Ladders may buy you some time, but that's all they should buy you.

I prefer not having such an easy time to escape. Ladders may buy you some time' date=' but that's all they should buy you.

[/quote']

It's not like getting up the ladders is going to be easy, have you tried climbing them in a panic with zombies right behind, desperately trying to find the 'climb up ladder' option as your punched and dazed? if you make it through all that well you deserve to live.

I prefer not having such an easy time to escape. Ladders may buy you some time' date=' but that's all they should buy you.

[/quote']

It's not like getting up the ladders is going to be easy, have you tried climbing them in a panic with zombies right behind, desperately trying to find the 'climb up ladder' option as your punched and dazed? if you make it through all that well you deserve to live.

I run a bit first if I can to generate some lead time (can happen in town, or if there are hills near by). Once I have enough I'll get up there, but I've never really ended up panicking going up or down a ladder.

Many zombies have a hard time navigating to certain ladders as it is, plus you force them to funnel up a single choke point. Its better than just creating a mechanic to force them to stay on the ground.

From a distance I've watched a hard working, yet ultimately doomed, survivor work his way through an industrial building fighting till his last round with a horde on his tale. He didn't survive but watching the trail of bodies to the roof where he went down fighting was brilliant to watch. Hopefully it was exhilarating for him to be in that position, if they couldn't climb he would have just been stuck there with no ammo for, well, as long as it took someone to save/rob/murder him.

I agree they should not be too good with ladders, or doors for tha matter but they are modified normal AI, give it time. Alpha is alpha.