Sign in to follow this  
vithu153

your first murder experience

mine was today like 30 minutes ago, i was running away from a horde of zombies and ran into a barn only to see another survivor there too so we both ran. i couldnt tell that i was friendly since i was busy with zombies and didnt have a mic.then he tried to snipe me so i was force to kill him.

what was your experience?

Haha Doodadnox.

Well, my first murder hasn't happened: because I've never been in the situation where it's my life or their life.

I would NEVER kill someone unless I am sure they are going to kill me, because it's wrong within the ethics of the game. I want to make it as realistic as possible, and killing someone in real life in a zombie apocolypse is something which we all would struggle greatly with (except the nut cases of the community - you know who you are lol, well probably not).

So I hope to never kill an innocent. The snipers on Cherno though, that's another story.

I was running away from two players and told them in side-chat if they kept chasing me I'd be forced to kill them. I waited in a bush and they stopped like right in front of me and said "he went this way." Then I unloaded a magazine into one of the players from my pistol, killing him. I then ran off into the sunset, while they claimed I alt+f4'd after the kill. I did not! Anyway, that was my first real PvP experience and my adrenaline in this game has never reached even close to that level.

Note to self, don't leave this thread up for your fiance to walk in on. Awkward...

That's hilarious

anyways... i was in a building in Elektro with my buddy and I ran around a corner and saw a guy crouched with a hatchet. I ran back really quick. He didn't move so we think he may have been AFK. We didn't want to leave him to come back and hatchet us so I killed him with a headshot from the Enfield.

That's hilarious

anyways... i was in a building in Elektro with my buddy and I ran around a corner and saw a guy crouched with a hatchet. I ran back really quick. He didn't move so we think he may have been AFK. We didn't want to leave him to come back and hatchet us so I killed him with a headshot from the Enfield.

That's wrong. You had no idea he intended to "come back and hatchet you" lol

I think I should be the moral police on this thread. I'll determine (no matter the complexity of the kill) whether it was justified or not :)

I had fallen off of the white office building in Elektro.

Legs broken with one makarov clip for my makarov left. No bandages or anything.

I crawled around for maybe, 45 minutes with people trying to direct me to the hospital.

Guy climbs up ladder by the train yard.

pewpewpewpewpewpew

He didn't die.

He fell of the ladder from passing out.

it gave me the kill, even though it was more of an assisted suicide.

My first murder was I spawned in Elektro and raided the fire station, I found the m1014 shotgun but later got killed by a bandit. After re spawning near Elektro, I decided to go back there. I found my shot gun again but it only had two bullets. I picked it up and ran into this office building of sorts, upon running into this building I noticed another player crawling through another entrance. After running throughout the whole building and grabbing everything I wanted I climbed down a ladder to the road and went back into the building on the ground floor. I walked up a set of stairs and saw this guy crawling out of a room. I shot him with my last 2 shotgun shells, killing him instantly, I then proceeded to loot his corpse which I found some good gear such as an akm. This sounds bad, but i was not willing to let this man live because of the risk that he might find me and kill em first. This is what the main cities are like, it's kill or be killed.

I saw two characters that i mistook for zombies coming toward me, they didn't notice that I saw them. One of them stopped in the brush while the other took to crawling toward my position. I shouted "friendly" in direct chat with no response. I then began shooting at the man crawling toward me. He jumped up and began sprinting toward me with a hatchet. I then shot him in the chest which killed him. His friend had already begun firing on me missing. I let a couple rounds off and he fled into the woods. Looted the corpse and got "hella goods" proceeded to raise elbow.

Edited by Jarried

3 days, filled with ammo went south to a big city to look for matches and waste ammo on zombies. Saw a guy with an axe tried to avoid him but he kept swinging it at me, there was no choice.... guess he doesn't know AK74, emptied my clip into him, i had ammo to waste. Died a few minutes later, cherno is just crazy, someone made off with my pack and guns. Never joining a recruit server again didn't know about those white circles. What, is everyone suddenly clairvoyant?

I was outside of Elektro and wanted to check out the fire house I saw in the distance. As I was running along I saw the silloette of someone in the window. "Shit, I'm so dead," I thought to myself. Without hesitation from him, rounds started coming down range at me. Luckily, he didn't have any kind of rifle. I returned fire enough to distract him from getting a comfortable shot. This continued until I closed the gap and made it to the fire house. I immediately ran in so he couldn't get into a good position, I was too late. He leaned around the corner, we raised weapons and started exchanging fire. All I could see was the smoke of carbon down my sights. I fell to the ground from my wounds and he fell to his death.

That was my first murder and is also the most fun I've had PvPing so far.

I prefer the action over the sitting and waiting.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Flurf

After my friend got shot and killed at stary (I escaped), I went to eat and then came back and joined another server, with one thing on my mind, to kill someone exactly the same as they killed my friend hehe. So I got on the sniping hill at stary and sat for about 10mins. What did I see? Two guys going in the tents, so I waited until they both went into the big ones on the edge of the stary tents.

The second the first guy exited the big tents I shot him with my sniper, BAM, hes down. His buddy comes out just behind him and starts to run towards the direction of the marketplace. I zoom in on him and I hear this truck noise, so I look over to the right a bit and there is a truck on its way over to pick these two guys up from the tents! So just as he is about to get in the vehicle I shoot him and kill him.

The friends in the vehicle got scared as the two friends they where picking up had died. I shot at there vehicel a few times, but they wanted to get out of there ASAP. I went to check the bodies, some ammo I needed, antibiotics and a better pack. I took those things and then left the dude my sniper gun for his Bizzon and 8 ammos he had for it. Needless to say later on I came back hoping he would come to get his things and he did, but I did not shoot him, I just watched as he grabbed the gun I used to shoot him and his friend with and then I went on my way (:

Every kill after that ive had has not been as epic (:

I rarely shoot humans, I like to avoid as much as possible, but this experience I listed above was damn fun.

Edited by kozzy

My current character was freshly spawned. I was close to elektro, so I decided I would hit and run some apartments and eventually ended up in the firestation (in the city) I call out friendly via direct chat. No reply. I assume it's clear whilst pointing my Winchester towards the opening of each set of stairs, to be ready if there was someone at the top. To my surprise, this guy was sitting at the top of the tower with a Leeroy Enfield, his eyes glued to the staircase (but in fairness, he probably heard my footsteps). *Bang*. A Enfield round wizzed towards me...but I'm amazed, he missed, from 2 ish meters away. After my sudden realization, I put 2 shells into his chest and he dropped dead. But my murder count had increased. I felt sad that I had maybe killed some fresh cherno spawn who heard me and assumed I was hostile. I checked his body for anyway I could help him, but he was gone for good.

I check his gear and he had something that I needed, an ALICE Pack and matches, hatchet, etc. He couldn't have been newly spawned then, too much loot. I took what I needed and left the body. He could have whatever I had left for him. His lee enfield had set the zombies below us into aggro and I could hear them at the bottom stairs. I panicked and used that Firestation ladder glitch to escape them and headed out of elektro before I ran into anyone else.

My one and ONLY murder in my characters 43+ day lifespan (and my whole time playing this game)

I refuse to be one of those people who can only "survive" by killing others.

post-7560-0-95861200-1343443838_thumb.jp

I have had so many, I can't remember.

Honestly.

I don't even have an adrenaline dump anymore when I am firing or being fired at.

I go blank and my instincts take over.

Basically, I might be ready for the real thing.

=)

* I'm just kidding, I hope I didn't ruffle the sand in any care-bear's vagina.

Edited by nicraM

Pretty sure I've written this in another thread before, but I can play along.

Friend and I creeping around Cherno looking for bags before heading North, making our way to the hospital. We spot someone with a crowbar running. Then we see the pack of zombies on them. They turned to us and began running our way. I didn;t know whether it was going to get a crowbar to the face or if it was them training zombies on us. I decided to put to shots in him at a distance and clean up his zombie mess. Approaching his body, it was clear he was of no real threat and probably just wanted help.

I don't typically "murder." I act defensively. I usually call out on direct coms first as well.

I have heard those screams in Direct as well.

It goes like this...

ME: "Hey, bro... you friendly? I am... wheee!!!!"

*do a twirl to show my passiveness*

Cannon Fodder: "Oh, OK. Whew... I thought you were one of those cretino..."

MY GUN GOES... *BAM BAM BAM*

Cannon Fodder: "WTF MAN!!!!"

It was my second or third spawn ever playing DayZ. I was in Cherno, in a store (i think) and was upstairs, went downstairs and saw a guy and he immediatley shot at me and missed all times with his M1911 so I ran out, there was a window and I could see him looking through the loot. I aimed my revolver and shot his head once and got the kill. I'm against killing people, but everyone shoots at me...so...defense...

Most traumatizing experience I've had in the game.

About a month or so, when I first got the game, in like my second day I went up some castle/forte and looted the shit out of it. On my way down was this guy and we kind of stared at each other for about five seconds before we shoot led into each other numerous times. Everything went blurry, people scurried, blood flew in the air and when it was all over, he lied there motionless. I lie there bleeding, in shock and nearly dead. I bandage myself and pass out.

I have heard those screams in Direct as well.

It goes like this...

ME: "Hey, bro... you friendly? I am... wheee!!!!"

*do a twirl to show my passiveness*

Cannon Fodder: "Oh, OK. Whew... I thought you were one of those cretino..."

MY GUN GOES... *BAM BAM BAM*

Cannon Fodder: "WTF MAN!!!!"

I haven't met anyone who did this to me yet, but maybe you'll be the first. Most of the time I get no reply and I shoot if they are armed. If I get a reply, it is usually a friendly bit of banter, maybe some co-op looting, and then we part ways.

I'm aware some people are like you. I just don't know a safer means to deal with it without turning into the people I don't want to be. Been playing a while now and have been doing well for myself.

in my first week of game play(after dieing may times due to snipers or just people running around with better guns). I Was in a barn Looking for stuff. When i spot a fellow on the other side of the barn. I panic'd and emptyied a mag into him, he did not die. But he turned to me pointed his sniper rifle at me and i decided it was either me or him, so i shot him with another mag. and that has been the one and only time ive killed some one.

This is a week old story:

Broke this guy's legs, stole the beans he had that we didn't need (I threw the beans after), then shot him in the head with my M9SD.

He RQ'd after.

Must be one of those players who joined due to all the hype, only to be extinguished by someone who broke his legs, bandaged him up, stole from him while he was conscious and shot him.

I haven't met anyone who did this to me yet, but maybe you'll be the first. Most of the time I get no reply and I shoot if they are armed. If I get a reply, it is usually a friendly bit of banter, maybe some co-op looting, and then we part ways.

I'm aware some people are like you. I just don't know a safer means to deal with it without turning into the people I don't want to be. Been playing a while now and have been doing well for myself.

My first murder experience came while I was in Elektro.

Me and a guy I met on the coast had teamed up to better our chances of survival. We roamed around finding body after body of dead players, it was actually quite creepy considering the numbers. Looting the bodies netted us a coyote backpack and each an MP5 with plenty of ammo. It was a pretty good haul, but we were still in need of other basic gear such as matches, food, maps, and compasses. We entered the local market in Elektro to scavenge, found what we needed and were about to be on our merry way.

He then said, "oh, I have to leave" and with that I was alone in Elektro, with some great starting gear to head north. Anyone who saw me would know I had good gear just judging from the backpack (first time I had ever seen a coyote backpack in the game) and would kill me as soon as look at me.

Thats when I heard a player running around the market. He seemed to be being chased because his character was in full panic mode. I sat in the back of the store waiting to see if he was going to be a threat, or if he needed any help. A few seconds went by of him rummaging through the supplies me and my partner had left, then he headed for the back of the store. I had my gun up and waiting this entire time, just to be safe. He comes around the corner and I see a brand new player with nothing but a hatchet in hand. He just stopped and stared at me for about 5 seconds, saying nothing.

He then proceeds to run at me with a hatchet, and takes a swing. He misses, I don't. I pumped 8 rounds point blank into his chest with my MP5. He dropped, and i put one more in his head for good measure. I have no idea what possessed him to try and take me on with just a hatchet, but it didn't work out to his favor. I don't regret killing him, but I hope he regrets trying to kill someone who could have been a strong ally.