Sign in to follow this  
daysuit

After 1.7.2.4 in game map is far less valuable, Temperature removed from debug...

The map is more realistic now, but that honestly sucks.

The beacon is just gone now, and so is the fun in having a map.

It wouldn't be so bad, but after the update all my map marks went too, so orienting myself with the map just got even more annoying.

Also temp is no longer important I guess.

Maybe I can touch the screen to figure out if my player is getting too cold.

To top it all off, the zombies are better. Well not better, but seem to be much happier to swarm after a gunshot.

At least that was one thing made apparent in the changelog.

Tap to the face a full health will break a leg, nothing new but just happened to me and I'm pissed at these other things as well.

Now, time to pick up French Cries to go with this Wah Burger.

• Like 1

So I suppose you can no longer place a waypoint on the map?

FUCK

I dont think they changed the map?

Would be news to me.

I think you are just not on a server with all the easy mode map settings on. Probably a veteran server, or a server with an admin with half a brain.

• Like 1

Waypoints I think work anyway...

But you realize that anyone with an in game map can see them?

• Like 1

Learn topography. The map is still one of the biggest advantages when paired with the compass. Get a GPS, and you're golden anyhow.

Waypoints I think work anyway...

What, so when you shift+left click others can see it?

Never happened before for me...

Learn topography. The map is still one of the biggest advantages when paired with the compass. Get a GPS, and you're golden anyhow.

getting one is the hard part, my buddy and i have been looking for dayz

I think I was thinking of map notes.

But I'd bet waypoints are off on vet servers.

omg they like made maps work like ... maps QQ

probably just the server your on that isnt lame enough to turn waypoints/mapmarkers on.. now if inly all servers were forced to do this along with removing nameplates/free ranging ...

Maybe... pretty sure I was using the same server as always. maybe their settings changed.

Didn't realize that adding the little X's on the map were visible to everyone on the server.

I dont think they changed the map?

Would be news to me.

I think you are just not on a server with all the easy mode map settings on. Probably a veteran server, or a server with an admin with half a brain.

I know, I can map read and all that jazz, compass is the bomb. GPS would be bomb diggity.

ttheres a compass in game for a reason...there is no excuse for relying entirely on artificial map markers.

i've pretty much memorized the map and key points at this point... whenever i die, i can pretty much just run straight to my body from wherever i spawn from and get everything back :/

I kind of wish the map was much much larger.... or Day-Z was available on the different maps in Arma (lingor would be awesome, but it's not official)

Yesterday I literally found 5 maps in one building. The day after I nearly killed myself trying to find one.

getting one is the hard part, my buddy and i have been looking for dayz

omg they like made maps work like ... maps QQ

probably just the server your on that isnt lame enough to turn waypoints/mapmarkers on.. now if inly all servers were forced to do this along with removing nameplates/free ranging ...

Yeah, I know it's a dumb thing to be pissed about. But when I go from Google maps in game to plain old paper map in game, its blah.

I'll just have to double check the server I'm joining.

Glad to hear the temperature reading is gone from the debug, hopefully the whole dialog goes away sooner rather than later. Minimal HUD ftw!

@OP you can touch your screen, but I don't think that will tell you much. Better to just look at the little thermometer icon.

Uhh.. They didnt do anything to the map

The map "notes" you are talking about.. When you place those.. those are visible by EVERYONE on the server fyi. And those are wiped on server restart

Waypoints work just fine, depends on the server, been using it all day.

So can you still get a cold/infection or whatever if you 36 C or lower? Is it disabled? Or is it just supposed to go off the thermometer above the water icon?

No clue how the thermometer works and antiboitics are a pain to come by.

Funny how people make up changes that don't exist.

The map and gps work just like they used to if, IF you're on a server with the same settings as you're used to.

Temp is off the debug panel AND this is the first time I ever got the shakes from being too cold. Coincidence? Even stranger, pain pills cured the blinking thermometer and the shakes. Thermometer went to alpha, though, instead of green or red or blinking, was just the outline.

I like the map markers. Makes it more fun and exciting. You open the map, you see "2 dumbfucks here". In my eyes, its "2 baits ready to be killed"

RE: Temperature... yeah it's fkng awesome now! (extreme sarcasm btw). :|

I just absolutely love how they've taken out the temperature gauge and instead the useless little icon goes from light purple (wtf?) to blinking and then withen a minute you have a god damn cold... :| ... nice work DEVs.

Really? Makes sense I guess, after-all the DayZ DEV mantra is "Your tears taste good". Facepalm.

If I was the one ****ng with the code, I would have something like:

1. Player temperature drop to dangerously low levels.

2. Screen shakes a couple of seconds every 60 seconds to indicate to the player that his temperature is too low. This carries on for 10 minutes. This simulates shivering (ya know, that sht your body does in real life to warm you up)

3. If no corrective action is taken (e.g. player running around, using a heat pack, getting indoors, or standing next to a fire) then the player's screen shakes for a couple seconds every 30 seconds. This carries on for 5 minutes.

4. If no corrective action is taken then the useless temperature icon starts flashing. This carries on for 1 minute.

5. If no corrective action is taken then boom, player get a cold and starts coughing.

The map is more realistic now, but that honestly sucks.

The beacon is just gone now, and so is the fun in having a map.

play on the scrub servers if you want one

So I suppose you can no longer place a waypoint on the map?

you can

if you place it in side channel, which no longer exists.

if you place it in group channel, everyone who spawned in your group will see it. (i have no clue how groups work in arma, its a mystery to me)

if you place it in vehicle channel, makes it invisible for everyone else, unless you sit in a vehicle.

Edited by Azrail

the beacon being on the map makes gps a novelty

I think it's only supposed to be on recruit servers, but many regular servers have it on. I kinda wish they were more strict with the difficulties. they just become meaningless when everyone uses custom settings

Makes sense I guess, after-all the DayZ DEV mantra is "Your tears taste good".

they do *slurp*omnomnomnomnom*

cry moar!