ponc

Zombies that are FAR away go aggro

I am totally stealthy and crawling and shit and out of nothing, some zed from like 500 meters away starts running up on me, while the others around him dont notice me.

I got this with 4 different characters on 2 different machines.

I'm stealthy, patient and always try to make my way without using any weapon.

Right now this renders stealth nearly useless for me, because ther is always 1 out of 10 zombs who will go aggro, although he doesnt hear or see me.

anybody else?

They have a field of vision. They see things in front of them well and are blind to things behind them, so it takes timing and planning to get past them unseen.

Remember, if someone is close enough for you to see them they can probably see you as well.

thx for the tipp, mr. planck.

oh, and btw.: thx for quantum physics!

oh, and btw.: thx for quantum physics!

Oh, that little thing? It was nothing, did it on my day off really.

Edited by Max Planck

They must have Xray vision, in the last few patches I've been spotted through solid buildings...Actually had a zed come after me from across a small town.

I know exactly what OP is talking about. I've gotten aggro from zombies LITERALLY a kM away or more. It seems almost like a bugn It wasn't like that 2 weeks ago. I could slow-crouch around them at decent distances. Now they just seem to see you regardless of stance or movement.

They must have Xray vision, in the last few patches I've been spotted through solid buildings...Actually had a zed come after me from across a small town.

Yeah, sadly the buildings don't do much to conceal you from zeds, you still need to sneak if there's a wall between you, and not being able to see them makes it impossible to know which way they are looking. Tricky.

My advice, crouch walk/stand still when you hear heavy breathing.

I know exactly what OP is talking about. I've gotten aggro from zombies LITERALLY a kM away or more. It seems almost like a bugn It wasn't like that 2 weeks ago. I could slow-crouch around them at decent distances. Now they just seem to see you regardless of stance or movement.

Strange, this has never happened to me.

Edited by Max Planck