Sna.ke

US 917 - Seattle

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to invite you all to US 917 Seattle.

We're updated to the latest version. We've got a bunch of active [TDB] members on the server, and seem to be pretty regularly populated.

Stats:

• Restarts Regularly and Scheduled
  • Veteran difficulty
  • 3rd Person
  • UTC-10

We're an active community. Ventrilo is available. Visit us at: www.tdbgaming.net ! We're always looking for new recruits and survivors (we play more than just DayZ).

Cheers,

Sna.ke

Hey Sna.ke,

I just wanted to say thank you for your server on behalf of my fellow <*))))<members. It's been quite a sanctuary for us over the last few weeks and most notably the home of our first car back then.

Your server kind of became our home or at least one of our most frequently visited servers. But, correct me if I'm wrong, did the update on 28 July perhaps delete all tents? I'm just curious because our two camps seem to have disappeared since then and a different camp I "visited" some days seems to be gone too.

This is nothing serious of course. Loss is an integral part of the game after all, right? ;) We will just start hoarding anew.

Greetings from Germany,

<*))))<FANG

Hey Fang,

Thanks. I'm glad to have you and your group as a regular.

It is possible that the latest patch did end up resetting the server. I know the server had an issue with stopping. It wouldn't listen to the #shutdown command, and hung around in memory and I had to force kill the process. I know this has a high risk of causing a server reset. Sometimes they reappear after a proper server reset using #shutdown, but that should have made them reappear by now if that was the case.

Apologies.

Happy hunting and surviving.

Cheers,

Sna.ke

Yeah this server is doing some shady crap now. I was just killed by the admin. He made it so I couldn't move and started raising me above the ground like 4-5 stories, I couldn't log out so I tried to Alt F4... i don't do that normally but this seemed like a jacked up case so...bam im dead.

Hi Blue13,

So let me clarify this for you, as most players seem to not understand.

Admins do not have commands that can teleport players around the map, spawn items, spawn gear, grant god mode, or kill people. Admins also do not have the ability to change your keybindings.

I was not on the server, but I was in vent when this happened. As soon as players reported that they were being teleported into the air, and the funky global message, I took action:

• I immediately shutdown the server (within seconds, most players did not die)
  • I checked the server logs, and determined the player that did this (pretty easy to figure out when about a dozen people are on the server, and I know 10 of them - just to clarify that's not proof of anything that I actually use, but it helps when hunting)
  • The player was given a permanent vacation from the box

This server's "shady crap" is caused by hackers. When I can, I give them vacations from the server. It's the joys of playing on a high-population server. I may have caught your death in time (even if you died) and if you spawn back in, there is a chance you will spawn with all of your gear.

Anyways, hackers are ruining this game, but many of us admins are doing our best to track down these players. Sorry if you lost your gear, I know it's frustrating to lose it to a script kiddie, but unfortunately that's the way of life at the moment.

Good luck and happy surviving, wherever you end up.

Edited by Sna.ke

Sorry to jump to conclusions Sna.ke, nice to see you're around keeping everything running as best you can with the way the hacks/infrastructure are laid out. You know how it is you always assume the worst when random crap like that happens in multiplier games;).

Sorry to jump to conclusions Sna.ke, nice to see you're around keeping everything running as best you can with the way the hacks/infrastructure are laid out. You know how it is you always assume the worst when random crap like that happens in multiplier games;).

Yup, I get it.

I know how frustrating it is to lose your gear, let alone to lose it to a hacker/script kiddie.

I try to be around as much as I can, and when I can't, I've got log files to sift through at night. If you need support, please feel free to send me a PM, and I'll see what I can do (may take me a bit to respond, but if you're reporting a hacker give me the time and I'll hunt down who it was, if I can).

Happy surviving!

Just Encountered some hackers on your server:

Was at the hotel in cherno, these guys walked in, spawned a crate, started to pull out gilly suits and DMR's, i could not get names but thought i should warn you of this.

* Also Just found a field full of Buses, which killed me when i got in it. Then i spawned at electro where i saw an abnormal amount of cows ( not sure if game bug for that one)

Apart from that is a good server, many are not Woking for me at the moment.

Thanks

Edited by Wolfhound237

Thanks Wolfhound, I shall take a look at the log files.

Happy surviving!