zecele

Freeside Whiners

If anything, I see whiners on the outside looking in.

Our server gets harassed by invisible people, mortar shells, tank users, everything you could think of.

And yet, we remain, because we provide a persistent and unique in game experience for fellow lovers of sandbox games.

What we do, we do for the safety of the trading post customers, and the safety of our crew.

If we hastily ban in the heat of things when things look fishy, we apologize. However, you have to understand the stage of the game and the fact that people are actively trying to ruin not only your gaming experience, but ours as well.

Calm yourselves, bans are being lifted, and remaining where they are deserved. Crying like a woman won't help except try to give us a bad name, when we are trying to protect the COMMUNITY from these people. I'd appreciate less trolling in this, and more valid conversations.

here here to that, you got my beens.

Lets just hope a mod can come on here and clarify this whole mess once and for all.

though I hear that people can bypass the script logging anyways.

Im not sure ( i may well be wrong) but is that not the battleye script detection that people have been by-passing? (like i said, i might be totaly wrong)

MK17 ammo has been checked, it's not these guys. We're looking for older logs to find when they were created, but apparently they've been wandering around the map for about a half a week. Will post a new thread once we find where they came from.

• Like 1

Khiven, if you only knew the thirst we all have for a legit firefight with another group. To call me no better than a hacker is laughable.

If this same scenario had played out sans those modified file messages, no bans would have been issued. It is known that this is the method for people to have a cheap, homebrew version of wallhack.

If you must know, your group cleared devils castle, and reinforcements were on route, so while our forward group was wiped I believe you still had people standing. 3v3, and we took 3 casualties, you took 1 or 2 I believe.

Now that we have that settled, it goes against your accusation that we banned to "save our asses", as there were no more asses to be saved. DC was taken by hostile forces, we were en route to take it back, in what we assumed would be a very fun firefight. However, sketchiness of the situation on further review caused our admins to take action.

I will personally give you whatever gear you lost, it's not about that. We are a trading company, more guns and ammo pass through our hands than most real life arms dealers.

I will personally let you kill me if that will make you feel bigger and better, it's not about that either. I've died more times than I can count, and every legitimate death I take like a man. I was bested, that's the end of story.

I wasn't even there, but from an outsider looking in, it seemed sketchy to have our friends saying that they were experiencing fishy behavior, and to see a whole lot of people on your side logging in with modified texture files.

Regardless, you really aren't making a good image for yourself. Continuing to whine will fix nothing, the whole issue has been rectified.

• Like 4

The Ural was taken by known exploiters a few days back, they are constantly being found near hacked items and ammo. They are getting sloppy it seems, thank you for the info.

Khiven, if you only knew the thirst we all have for a legit firefight with another group. To call me no better than a hacker is laughable.

If this same scenario had played out sans those modified file messages, no bans would have been issued. It is known that this is the method for people to have a cheap, homebrew version of wallhack.

If you must know, your group cleared devils castle, and reinforcements were on route, so while our forward group was wiped I believe you still had people standing. 3v3, and we took 3 casualties, you took 1 or 2 I believe.

Now that we have that settled, it goes against your accusation that we banned to "save our asses", as there were no more asses to be saved. DC was taken by hostile forces, we were en route to take it back, in what we assumed would be a very fun firefight. However, sketchiness of the situation on further review caused our admins to take action.

I will personally give you whatever gear you lost, it's not about that. We are a trading company, more guns and ammo pass through our hands than most real life arms dealers.

I will personally let you kill me if that will make you feel bigger and better, it's not about that either. I've died more times than I can count, and every legitimate death I take like a man. I was bested, that's the end of story.

I wasn't even there, but from an outsider looking in, it seemed sketchy to have our friends saying that they were experiencing fishy behavior, and to see a whole lot of people on your side logging in with modified texture files.

Regardless, you really aren't making a good image for yourself. Continuing to whine will fix nothing, the whole issue has been rectified.

First of all I didn't die and I don't really care about loosing stuff at all I did not mention anything about that but I really apreciate your offers.

Maybe you didn't really do it intentionally but thats what it looked like because those kinds of messages can be seen in all servers and I also got one once ago when I was updating my beta . And no, I'm not a hacker .

I am just disappointed because we expected a lot of fun from what could have been an intense and interesting firefight and we all get banned after 10min since we connected because 2 of our guys had problems with the latest update.

If claiming for a ban explanation for those who didn't got that "suspicious message" is whining then well... we have differents points of view.

If your explanation is that you preventively banned 6 or 7 people because 2 guys had this message then well... I could live with that...

And just to make things clear:

- A hacker ( a person who takes advantage in game by using ilegal scripts / software )

- An unfair admin ( a person who takes advantage in game by usin admin rights)

I can understand you "preventively banned" those 2 players because of the message but I can't see a reason to ban a whole group because 2 other players got that message. So from this point of view the bans were unfair and the definitions are alike.

I just hate the flames, I asked for something and I was answered by being called whiner, it seems like talking here does not work, so just see you in game, and if you really like and enjoy firefights and actually didn't banned all of us intentionally, prove that next time we cross fire =)

Edited by Khiven

I just hate the flames, I asked for something and I was answered by being called whiner, it seems like talking here does not work, so just see you in game, and if you really like and enjoy firefights and actually didn't banned all of us intentionally, prove that next time we cross fire =)

Is the title of the thread referring to your group, then?

Our server host tried modifying his .pbo files to get the same server response we saw with your two members. He was able to stay connected without trees or foliage being rendered for about a minute and a half before being kicked. We've got pictures of what the removal of those files does... It's not pretty.

And just to make things clear:

- A hacker ( a person who takes advantage in game by using ilegal scripts / software / modifying the game for an advantage)

- An unfair admin ( a person who takes advantage in game by using admin rights)

I can understand you "preventively banned" those 2 players because of the message but I can't see a reason to ban a whole group because 2 other players got that message. So from this point of view the bans were unfair and the definitions are alike.

I updated your definitions. Since we're talking "points of view", from my point of view we're attacked by some hacker or ghoster or exploiter every weekend. If 2 of 5 people in a group display messages that can be interpreted as the result of an exploit, I don't care if the other 3 are innocent. I'll ban first and ask questions later, if it prevents any possible fallout.

I'm not going to revoke the bans on the other two. You'd need the Lord Rocket himself to change my mind.

Edited by Publik

I think there has been some crossed wires with all of this... Freeside saw cheating/hacking/editing of game files/whatever gains an unfair advantage and banned the two people, in an attempt to understand the issue everyone within that group was banned so that facts could be gathered and looked into.

Lets imagine that there was no hacking going on for a moment, did it ever cross your mind that freeside would of fought back normaly? You say that freeside banned unfairly but seeing as how two members of the same group were infact using something to gain an unfair advantage freeside would have reason to suspect the others in that group were doing the exact same thing.

I will admit that it sucks big time that every member of that attack group got banned but what do you expect when you have people using such methods? If anything you should be angry at those who used such methods in the first place for ruining your run and in some cases sullying your groups name. (Honestly I know nothing of the group, could be a bunch of nice guys for all I know.)

I do not agree with everyone been banned but it was more of a temp ban while things were been looked into which I honestly see nothing wrong with. Also I do not get those whole "Oh we were banned because of we attacked!" messages, if no hacks were been used to begin with this would be a VERY different story. Right now you should focus on your own group cause honestly, this just makes them look bad and freeside look like a group that is doing the right thing by clamping down on hackers :/

Banned because a file signature was off, which could easily be a result of an incomplete update or installation, which the person wasn't even able to use even had it been a hack (forced disconnect within seconds). So, no evidence of actually hacking, just some assumption that should have been cleared up when it was explained how easily this error message could be shot off...

Looks like this admin is on a power trip based on his posts initially requiring a "mod" to post in reply to explain something that anyone with a cursory understanding of running a server should understand and now saying rocket himself would have to intervene to get them unbanned. All over a basic error message... Ah well, scrubby server admins who are nothing in the real world trying to exercise what small amount of power they have over people in their internet lives is nothing new. Maybe dayz staff should show them how insignificant they are and blacklist this pathetic server or at least hand out some warnings.

• Like 1

You do understand that the logs you post just mean he never got into the server. They fixed the "Tree hack" some time ago with a patch. You can't even run a server without using this fix soon BI has made it clear this patch must be applied. If you are running the latest beta patch they would just get that exact error and never get into the game until they repair the missing or broken files. Stop trying so hard to ban people who killed you, deal with it you die in this game and them having the mags for a gun they apparently didn't have is not relevant at all. People like you are why there are so many "admin abuse" posts around it's not even admin abuse they just let any dumb ass rent these things so inexperienced morons like you pull dumb shit like this.

"I don't understand how to read an RPT log" - you in this thread.

Well, the modification in question is like this:

<link removed by ME :D>

If a mod would like to scrub the link, feel free.

Ohh wow, there really is no integrity check (then wth worthless message is the one we keep getting and having to press OK once in a while mid screen? DOes it just look for it, and then not care afterwards lol?) o_o and material hacks exist in such a new game o_O

Even Valve could get that part right +6 years ago -.-'

Funny how these kids are saying the missing files are due to the patch when none of these problems have been reported. Idiots got caught doing it and now trying to place blame elsewhere.

Maybe dayz staff should show them how insignificant they are and blacklist this pathetic server or at least hand out some warnings.

Search Freeside on DayZ forums.. I bet we're mentioned a lot more then your group is. If we're insignificant then you're non-existent in the community.

You do understand that the logs you post just mean he never got into the server. They fixed the "Tree hack" some time ago with a patch. You can't even run a server without using this fix soon BI has made it clear this patch must be applied. If you are running the latest beta patch they would just get that exact error and never get into the game until they repair the missing or broken files. Stop trying so hard to ban people who killed you, deal with it you die in this game and them having the mags for a gun they apparently didn't have is not relevant at all. People like you are why there are so many "admin abuse" posts around it's not even admin abuse they just let any dumb ass rent these things so inexperienced morons like you pull dumb shit like this.

"I don't understand how to read an RPT log" - you in this thread.

Seeing as how we've been attacked basically the last 4-5 operations/events and haven't banned a single player, and in the last month and a half have not banned anyone else despite numerous battles and clashes.. I would say this is very far from the truth. On top of that, constantly attacked by hackers. We've also repelled numerous people from our ops (legit attackers) with no complaints, even when we take casualties. Your group is the first we've come across with weird login text and banned for investigation. We've been attacked by ghosters before and they were not banned.

The fact is, no one in our group is attached to gear.. we've become immune to its loss and gear up very easily. We enjoy conflict and confrontation from bandits.. so there's absolutely no reason to ban people who simply attack us or even do well.

Our small team that was defeated at DC was no where near the size of the force that was on route, it was just a small advanced force to secure the area.. why would we ban you when we could enjoy taking it back, and probably with ease. No.. you were banned due to the suspicious activity we saw and recognized (whether we were right or wrong) during the heat of battle. I think it's time for you to get over it. If mistakes were made, then shit happens. Go look at all the other ban appeals, TONS of admins make mistakes.. stop acting like all admins should be infaliable. That's just ridiculous.

I'd rather ban someone on suspicioun and revoke it later (after investigating) then just ignore it anyday.

You really need to drop it.. you're not going to get any sort of retribution. Just deal with it.

Edited by RachetSmurf

The next Freeside member to post gets hit in the face with Conman's Mtn Dew.

Issue is done, I've made my decision. Please don't feed them.

Funny how these kids are saying the missing files are due to the patch when none of these problems have been reported. Idiots got caught doing it and now trying to place blame elsewhere.

READ THE LOGS.

They didnt even get into the fucking game! You calling people 'idiots' and 'kids' when you cant even read is beyond a bloody joke.

Search Freeside on DayZ forums.. I bet we're mentioned a lot more then your group is. If we're insignificant then you're non-existent in the community.

Seeing as how we've been attacked basically the last 4-5 operations/events and haven't banned a single player, and in the last month and a half have not banned anyone else despite numerous battles and clashes.. I would say this is very far from the truth. On top of that, constantly attacked by hackers. We've also repelled numerous people from our ops (legit attackers) with no complaints, even when we take casualties. Your group is the first we've come across with weird login text and banned for investigation. We've been attacked by ghosters before and they were not banned.

The fact is, no one in our group is attached to gear.. we've become immune to its loss and gear up very easily. We enjoy conflict and confrontation from bandits.. so there's absolutely no reason to ban people who simply attack us or even do well.

Our small team that was defeated at DC was no where near the size of the force that was on route, it was just a small advanced force to secure the area.. why would we ban you when we could enjoy taking it back, and probably with ease. No.. you were banned due to the suspicious activity we saw and recognized (whether we were right or wrong) during the heat of battle. I think it's time for you to get over it. If mistakes were made, then shit happens. Go look at all the other ban appeals, TONS of admins make mistakes.. stop acting like all admins should be infaliable. That's just ridiculous.

I'd rather ban someone on suspicioun and revoke it later (after investigating) then just ignore it anyday.

You really need to drop it.. you're not going to get any sort of retribution. Just deal with it.

BTW that guy isnt in are clan just some randomer.

Also you have to look at it from are point of view. We attack Devils Castle and about 5mins after we get banned so yeh. Also the people whining on this thread arnt even part of the clan so please get yours facts straight first before you call our group idiots.

Also your a bit to cocky we had around 10+ guys incoming onto the server :)

"Read the logs, they didn't get in, etc etc"

The logs shown only represent a portion of what happened. Some of the people who had errors were able to connect still, and logs nor in game witness will be able to give an accurate representation of what was going on when they entered. Maybe they updated and were logged in, maybe they found a way around whatever mischief they were using, regardless: when you see someone get an error message like that, and then get confirmation from other people that they are indeed in the game even though something like that would have kicked them, you get suspicious.

I know some of you get your jollies by proving other people wrong (whether in reality, or in your own mind), but please. Leave your insecurities in the real world where they belong. Outside party haters need to calm their collective tits, you weren't even there. It's done with, been rectified, and we look forward to any sort of raiding you have planned if it is done on equal footing, so the victor will know skill alone won the battle. Not game genie.

Just going to put my 2 cents in yes a download can corrupt and show up in game as missing files or modified files, I've had that happen on a old router during update.

Yes the moderator in question jumped to conclusions I for one am proud for him doing so but for something along the lines of corrupt or non matching signatures as possible modded files with no actual proof besides a log telling that the signatures don't match.

signed files can be very troublesome any small problem can set them off they are there to help determine if a player is abusing said hacks.

I believe that it could very well be a corrupt file or corrupt overwrite.

The fact of the matter you have absolutely no valid proof besides a warning of signature check.

• Like 1

The logs shown only represent a portion of what happened.
So then let's see all the logs which prove anything. All you people have shown is a signature error which could be cause by anything.

Face it, the guy who banned them has already admitted that it was done because of those specific logs. Now you're coming in here and trying to say there's more to it, without evidence. So was the ban due to these logs or was it due to some magical logs which only you're allowed to see? You two need to get your spin straight because at this point it looks like you're spinning in different directions trying to justify these bans.

The reality is you guys have nothing legitimate in terms of proof of actual hacking/cheats/etc or you'd have already posted it though, so lol.

• Like 1

The next Freeside member to post gets hit in the face with Conman's Mtn Dew.

Issue is done, I've made my decision. Please don't feed them.

Can't wait for someone with real power in and posts the same, just ends in a black list. They need to force new server renters to take a test this shit is just giving everyone a bad name.

Just going to put my 2 cents in yes a download can corrupt and show up in game as missing files or modified files, I've had that happen on a old router during update.

Yes the moderator in question jumped to conclusions I for one am proud for him doing so but for something along the lines of corrupt or non matching signatures as possible modded files with no actual proof besides a log telling that the signatures don't match.

signed files can be very troublesome any small problem can set them off they are there to help determine if a player is abusing said hacks.

I believe that it could very well be a corrupt file or corrupt overwrite.

The fact of the matter you have absolutely no valid proof besides a warning of signature check.

Missing rocks.pbo? Fine, I don't care. Missing something out of weapons? Don't really care. "Bandit clan" missing trees? With the amount of bullshit we get on the weekends, I don't really care if a few people get caught up in it because "they had problems updating". I'm sure they can understand and move on to another one of the many thousands of servers DayZ offers.

Our server host has replicated the warning message by removing trees and foliage and was able to stay connected for about a minute before the files made it to verification. Based on that, I will not unban the two that tried using modified files. I have unbanned the other four. Matter has been settled.

Can't wait for someone with real power in

Neither can I.

Can I get a higher power to give me guidance on the matter?

Edited by Publik

READ THE LOGS.

They didnt even get into the fucking game! You calling people 'idiots' and 'kids' when you cant even read is beyond a bloody joke.

IT KICKS YOU BEFORE YOU JOIN.

Obviously this is a security feature, and yes you can modify or delete a .pbo which results in this error. Just because he didn't make it into the game does not mean he was clean.

Just because he didn't make it into the game does not mean he was clean.

Just because he didn't make it into the game does not mean he was dirty.