zecele

Freeside Whiners

My entire clan was banned from Seattle 104 Freeside server for apparently ghosting even thought are clan is a non ghosting/disconnecting clan. We attacked Devils Castle i killed 2 of them died and then i was accused by one of the members for ghosting (He spawned where i spawned). Anyway afterwards they banned me and my clan who were still at the castle.

Ive heard stories before of these types of things happening on the freeside server.

Edited by djdecks2
  • Like 1

Once again, video or solid picture proof to substantiate claims or no one can confirm it.

• Like 1

I've joined a server from Freeside, not sure if it was that exact one though. I only played 1 new spawn. When I spawned, I saw a truck driving in the distance down the shoreline. Eventually they got close enough....and shot me. Left and didn't return. A group of fully geared guys hunting the spawn is bs.

[HSO] was banned for using a modified tree file, allowing them to see/fire through trees. You were not banned for ghosting, although you're pathetic for doing so.

We have logs and video of the server messages (available on request/after render), have a nice day.

Edit: "Player [HSO] Excisionz: Wrong signiture for file ca\plants2\tree\t_picea2s.p3d"

Edited by Publik
  • Like 3

[HSO] was banned for using a modified tree file, allowing them to see/fire through trees. You were not banned for ghosting, although you're pathetic for doing so.

We have logs and video of the server messages (available on request/after render), have a nice day.

OK

1. We were not ghosting

2. We were not hacking (allowing them to see/fire through trees) that barely makes any sense.

Can you please post these logs?

Also we have fought CQF many times and have never been accused of ghosting or hacking. Most of them enjoy it when we attack because we dont do any of these things

Edited by djdecks2

It makes perfect sense. By using a modified texture file you can see through objects.

Logs on the way.

2/5 is enough for me. I think there were 5 of you, at least.

14:38:52 Player [HSO]Hexega: Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\bush\b_craet1.p3d
14:38:53 Player [HSO]Hexega disconnected.
15:01:29 Player [HSO]Hexega: Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\tree\t_picea3f.p3d
15:01:29 Player [HSO]Hexega disconnected.

15:06:55 Player [HSO] Excisionz: Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\tree\t_picea2s.p3d
15:06:55 Player [HSO] Excisionz disconnected.
14:41:08 Player [HSO] Excisionz: Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\misc\misc_stub1.p3d
14:41:08 Player [HSO] Excisionz disconnected.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 1

Guys, if you want to have a real battle with other groups, then join the server and attack it legit. This ghosting/exploiting crap is cowardly. We were actually looking forward to a legit fight too.

And yes, the first guy to unload on our team ghosted in right beside them. Logs can't prove ghosting.. but that's not what you were banned for.

• Like 1

It makes perfect sense. By using a modified texture file you can see through objects.

Logs on the way.

Partial log, updating to completion

14:38:52 Player [HSO]Hexega: Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\bush\b_craet1.p3d
15:01:29 Player [HSO]Hexega: Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\tree\t_picea3f.p3d

15:06:55 Player [HSO] Excisionz: Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\tree\t_picea2s.p3d
14:41:08 Player [HSO] Excisionz: Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\misc\misc_stub1.p3d

sorry to be a pain in the arse here, but going by your log, they went even in the game as after the error message, they disconected so how were they firing through the trees using a hack?

I want textual and visual proof of this certain "exploit" Unless you, as freeside, can prove to this forum that you banned with a legit textual AND visual reason then i am ready to believe you. As for now you only copy/paste a signature error that is daily visual in the game and says 100% nothing about an exploit being used.

Logs on the way.

Partial log, updating to completion

Yeh smart

If you look at the log they never even got in game because they were getting error messages after they installed the latest patch because there files were corrupted. In other words its an error message.

Edited by djdecks2

Hmm, where does one draw the line with this? I'll unban them then, but they did try and connect in the first place. Can I get a higher power to give me guidance on the matter?

Dropping the bans on all but the two.

Hmm, where does one draw the line with this? I'll unban them then, but they did try and connect in the first place. Can I get a higher power to give me guidance on the matter?

Dropping the bans on all but the two.

i can understand your concern as it is a strange error. I myself had had simmiler errors with Chenarus and Buildings in it. Sadly you wont know you have the bad data til you try to join a server im affraid. Anyways, im sure a mod will be able to clear this up :)

i can understand your concern as it is a strange error. I myself had had simmiler errors with Chenarus and Buildings in it. Sadly you wont know you have the bad data til you try to join a server im affraid. Anyways, im sure a mod will be able to clear this up :)

I'll drop the bans on the two idiots trying to use it in the first place if I can get some insight from a mod. The rest are free back in.

• Like 2

sigh.....

The 2 'idiots' did not know they had the corrupt data unless they tried to join a server. Yours might have been the first server they joined after updating.

Anyways, lets just wait for a mods responce to sort this crap out.

Update: Found 4x Mk17 SD mags on the tower. I need a mod.

gnkwu.jpg

Edited by Publik

Update: Found 4x Mk17 SD mags on the tower. I need a mod.

gnkwu.jpg

AFIK that ammo isn't in the game. I don't think your tree log thing is going to help you out here with that. You do know it would tell you who ran a script to spawn these, why don't you look through them?

• Like 1

I'll drop the bans on the two idiots trying to use it in the first place if I can get some insight from a mod. The rest are free back in.

I am not so sure Material hacks would exist in Arma 2, since it does its own integrity test, and if someone tried to replace the textures with see throughs, it would just render them a black and white tiled texture :P

This is just speculation from a former CSS modder, but if Valve could invent a "pure" setting for servers (which i figure the annoing pop ups of file warnings come from), I bet that arma 2 also have something similar.

• Like 2

Even if you remove the ban , you have to prove why we were banned. You can't just ban people because you think they are hackers. Actually we all know that it was a lame excuse to get rid of our attack. I didn't manage to see people in game, I was going to back up my mates and I suddenly got banned.

You can't just ban people from your server just because they are attaking you. You can say we were hacking, we were ghosting or we were throwing you goats, it does not matter, as far as i know, you can't ban anybody from your server just because you want to. So please,post proofs of all the guys you banned from your server, I think you banned like 6 -7 people, so proofs , 1 by 1 please.

I would not call people idiot when they actually were having problems updating the game and were not even in the game as you can tell from the report...

It's just lame, really lame...

Edited by Khiven

Well, the modification in question is like this:

Link removed

If a mod would like to scrub the link, feel free.

Do not post links to Hacks/Hack Sites.

I will bring down the hammer if you do that again.

PM me.

Edited by Boneboys

If anything, I see whiners on the outside looking in.

Our server gets harassed by invisible people, mortar shells, tank users, everything you could think of.

And yet, we remain, because we provide a persistent and unique in game experience for fellow lovers of sandbox games.

What we do, we do for the safety of the trading post customers, and the safety of our crew.

If we hastily ban in the heat of things when things look fishy, we apologize. However, you have to understand the stage of the game and the fact that people are actively trying to ruin not only your gaming experience, but ours as well.

Calm yourselves, bans are being lifted, and remaining where they are deserved. Crying like a woman won't help except try to give us a bad name, when we are trying to protect the COMMUNITY from these people. I'd appreciate less trolling in this, and more valid conversations.

• Like 3

Even if you remove the ban , you have to prove why we were banned. You can't just ban people because you think they are hackers. Actually we all know that it was a lame excuse to get rid of our attack. I didn't manage to see people in game, I was going to back up my mates and I suddenly got banned.

You can't just ban people from your server just because they are attaking you. You can say we were hacking, we were ghosting or we were throwing you goats, it does not matter, as far as i know, you can't ban anybody from your server just because you want to. So please,post proofs of all the guys you banned from your server, I think you banned like 6 -7 people, so proofs , 1 by 1 please.

I would not call people idiot when they actually were having problems updating the game and were not even in the game as you can tell from the report...

It's just lame, really lame...

Well, let's use some logical reasoning. Two of your members sign in with modified tree and plant files. These files can be modified to not render, allowing one to see through walls (see above post). It can be reasonably assumed that these files have been modified for illicit purposes, and that by association, the rest of your group is suspect. At the time of banning, I did not have immediate access to the logs and banned the 5 or 6 of you for that reason. I have unbanned everyone that didn't attempt to use these modified files.

I will unban the last two if I can get a mod to chime in. Until then, enjoy it.

Additionally, there is the matter of the Mk17 mags. I need a mod for that as well. Having the server admin check script logs, though I hear that people can bypass the script logging anyways.

If anything, I see whiners on the outside looking in.

Our server gets harassed by invisible people, mortar shells, tank users, everything you could think of.

And yet, we remain, because we provide a persistent and unique in game experience for fellow lovers of sandbox games.

What we do, we do for the safety of the trading post customers, and the safety of our crew.

If we hastily ban in the heat of things when things look fishy, we apologize. However, you have to understand the stage of the game and the fact that people are actively trying to ruin not only your gaming experience, but ours as well.

Calm yourselves, bans are being lifted, and remaining where they are deserved. Crying like a woman won't help except try to give us a bad name, when we are trying to protect the COMMUNITY from these people. I'd appreciate less trolling in this, and more valid conversations.

If we weren't attaking your clan I'd not care that much about an "accidental ban". But you banned we all while we were heading an attack . Coincidence? No, you just banned we all to save your asses, I'm not actually complaining because I got banned, I'm complaining because you did something ilegal

You are not better than a hacker from my point of view

We didnt use any hacks

I ran up to the castle from the front one guy was crouched in the archway i killed him waited a bit ran into the tiny room in the archway and killed another guy then i waited in there for my clan members to run up from the back i then died and they managed killed 1 of your guys and then we got banned. We will try again another time.

We were not hacking so why would other clan members be hacking?

Edited by djdecks2

We didnt use any hacks

I ran up to the castle from the front one guy was crouched in the archway i killed him waited a bit ran into the tiny room in the archway and killed another guy then i waited in there for my clan members to run up from the back i then died and they managed killed 1 of your guys and then we got banned. We will try again another time.

Last time I'm going to say this, those who did not use modified files have been unbanned. The other two are still banned pending input from a mod.

MK17 mags not found in our logs.

Edited by Publik