acebane

Day Z Youtube Series - Bandit Acts/Fire Fights/Day Z Questions

Don't voice over the video. Keep the orginal voice while playing.

Don't voice over the video. Keep the orginal voice while playing.

second.jpg

I am willing and able to produce baby-Acebanes for any potential bearers. Slaieth is first in line.

I enjoyed the video but couldnt control my anger seeing somone exploiting 3rd person like that' date=' Sure everyone on the server can do it but still its just wrong and makes the game boring. VETERAN SERVER FTW !!!

[/quote']

Honestly I find that to be more accurate than first person for a realism perspective. In real life you have much more body awareness than you do in a first person game view. A lot of what he was doing to look over and around walls simulates what you can do in real life.

In real life I don't have to lean my entire head/upper body around a corner to see, I can slide up and see around only exposing the side of my head. Also looking over a wall is possible without revealing/siloueting yourself.

Little off topic, but just wanted to put that out there.

You do realise what you have stated is totally unrealistic.... that is why in ARMA in 1st person view you have the Q, E and ALT keys to "simulate realism". The only 3rd person view in "real life" that you see of yourself is when you are looking at a "real life" video footage of yourself....

I enjoyed the video but couldnt control my anger seeing somone exploiting 3rd person like that' date=' Sure everyone on the server can do it but still its just wrong and makes the game boring. VETERAN SERVER FTW !!!

[/quote']

Honestly I find that to be more accurate than first person for a realism perspective. In real life you have much more body awareness than you do in a first person game view. A lot of what he was doing to look over and around walls simulates what you can do in real life.

In real life I don't have to lean my entire head/upper body around a corner to see, I can slide up and see around only exposing the side of my head. Also looking over a wall is possible without revealing/siloueting yourself.

You do realise what you have stated is totally unrealistic.... that is why in ARMA in 1st person view you have the Q, E and ALT keys to "simulate realism". The only 3rd person view in "real life" that you see of yourself is when you are looking at a "real life" video footage of yourself....

can't always simulate real life with a computer... even the developers of arma have said the exact same thing, 3rd person FOV is much closer to real life then 1st person. also it is completely "unrealistic" to lean half your body around a wall just to SEE something, not like we can shoot through walls

[/quote']

can't always simulate real life with a computer... even the developers of arma have said the exact same thing, 3rd person FOV is much closer to real life then 1st person. also it is completely "unrealistic" to lean half your body around a wall just to SEE something, not like we can shoot through walls

OMG...

So you are telling me that you have a camera like in 3rd person view in real life ...??? OMFG... What part of Q+E and the Alt key with some of you don't understand? How the hell is 3rd person view closer to realism??? Go and get yourself a broom or a toy gun or maybe a real gun and "simulate" what ARMA 2 provides with the Q+E and ALT keys in-game...now with your magic 3rd person camera in "real life" simulate that the way ARMA 2 provides with the 3rd person view in-game....can you see where I'm getting at....c'mon, you've gotta be kidding if you think 3rd person is more "realistic". What has this world come to??? And for BI to say that please provide me with some evidence or its not valid. Good day sir.

lol easy on the 3rd person debate. There's been plenty of threads for it already haha. I see the points of both sides and both are sound arguments. IMO agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Thanks for the support, people. I'll keep trying to get more footage as I play :).

I'd love to see more firefight videos. They are probably the most intense videos. But i guess it's rather difficult to capture one of these.

I kind of have one of those new Reuter, however it's not as intense as I would've liked. And yes, Firefight videos are awesome but are the hardest to capture because 90% of the time when dealing with players, you want no exchange in gunfire. Instead you want to hit your target and be done with it. I try not to miss on my first shot, so it tends to lead to boring kills.

Whenever I get fired upon and they miss, then it leads to an interesting fire fight. I may even upload ones where I die, just for the sake of the Fire fight series.

Well sir I just watched a number of your videos and your banditry is my cup of tea I tell ya. Keep up the videos you got a subscriber outta me. Good luck hunting, and the beans...

I may even upload ones where I die' date=' just for the sake of the Fire fight series.

[/quote']

That would be great. Even those when you die from a bullet come from unknown origin. Let us see some footage before, like a minute or so, to better understand how to avoid the same mistake - although, sometimes there's nothing you can actually do. :)

Regarding 3rd person view, it gives a better viewing angle compared to the first person. IRL you don't have a magical camera above and behind, BUT you DO have a much wider view than a monitor can give - plus a lot of information about your surroundings and other senses at wok AND finesse in movement. Adding "only" 2 monitors for a total of three and you can easily see my point.

@Calic that would be somewhat hard to record that lol. I don't have a lot of space (I'm working with 50-100gigs of room for fraps) so to leave it frapsing all the time is a pain. Not to mention I have to sift through all the footage to find the good footage.

But we'll see what happens, if I get some good footage of "What not to do" then I'll probably upload it.

Vedicardi' date=' are you suggesting I do a commentary over my videos in a way that it blocks out the "in the moment" audio? I thought it might be a little more exciting if you, as Hooligan said, hear the adrenaline in my voice. Let's you connect to the situation more IMO if you can hear how I said something to someone and how they responded. Perhaps I could just lower the "in the moment" audio and place my voice over the top of it with a commentary.

I may give it a shot though. I would imagine the commentary would pretty much explain why I did things and how I felt at that moment etc.

What do the rest of you think? Commentary videos? And if so, what do you want me to commentate about?

[/quote']

I hear what you're saying, but the fact is you're probably so focused on killing the guy that whatever you're saying won't be that interesting save for a shout or two of surprise. I'd say just have it so you could lower your voice over so you could hear what you were originally saying for whenever you do something worth hearing on the original voice track, but not otherwise. I'd rather hear what you thought about the firefight and the surrounding details to get context than just hear you quietly panic for 2 minutes lol

@Calic that would be somewhat hard to record that lol. I don't have a lot of space (I'm working with 50-100gigs of room for fraps) so to leave it frapsing all the time is a pain. Not to mention I have to sift through all the footage to find the good footage.

But we'll see what happens' date=' if I get some good footage of "What not to do" then I'll probably upload it.

[/quote']

use bandicam instead, you'll save a LOT of space, trust me.

But we'll see what happens' date=' if I get some good footage of "What not to do" then I'll probably upload it.

[/quote']

Cool! Maybe you could point out the mistakes you're enemies did in the firefight ori perhaps you did - but survived tot tell the story. :)

Cool! Maybe you could point out the mistakes you're enemies did in the firefight ori perhaps you did - but survived tot tell the story. :)

From what I saw in the vids, all these people were basically either sitting in place like little man-turrets or started running in a straight line across an open field.

Not a slight at Acebane at all, but pretty noobish behavior.

Best vid is the one where he and the guy in the barracks are having a standoff for a good 15 minutes! lol

Yeah... Well, I suppose I'll try to find smarter opponents but sometimes you take what you can get. You need an item from someone? Doesn't matter how stupid or smart he is (preferably you want them stupid for easier robbery), you attain that item to the best of your ability and that's banditry (at least the ones I try to display. I don't like killing for no reason).

uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm why did you post your video here? lol *MODERATES*

Pardon the double post (last one totes doesn't count).

Group vs Group fire fight! Check out the

! (Warning: My mic was too close to my mouth when recording, sorry!)

Were your ears blown out by my "yelling"? lol