Sign in to follow this  
LondonHyena

What do we call our undead friends?

Just curious really, what do you all tend to call those 'Life-Challenged' denizens of Chenarus? I hear a fair few such as Zed, Z's, Zack (borrowed from World War Z), would be interested to see what other colourful names we've given them ;p

Walkers, runners, crawlers, hoppers, bunnies, zeds, zombies and drunk guys.

walkers crawlers and fucking hoppers LOL

That is actually exactly what I call them aside from the "fucking" part on the last one haha. People who do not speak British English calling zombies 'zed's' drives me up a wall to be honest. It's like an American who spends too much time on a forum with a lot of Western Europeans such as the Steam forums who constantly say 'mate' when it's something they never use ever in their normal lives.

Some cultures and sayings need to stay where they originated from, 'zed' is just the way they say the letter Z if some of you are not familiar with it.

walkers crawlers and fucking hoppers LOL

That is actually exactly what I call them aside from the "fucking" part on the last one haha. People who do not speak British English calling zombies 'zed's' drives me up a wall to be honest. It's like an American who spends too much time on a forum with a lot of Western Europeans such as the Steam forums who constantly say 'mate' when it's something they never use ever in their normal lives.

Some cultures and sayings need to stay where they originated from' date=' 'zed' is just the way they say the letter Z if some of you are not familiar with it.

[/quote']

Know a few yanks who use British slang, it just sounds awful. It brings back repressed Dick Van Dyke memories and I despise it.

All I usually hear and personally like to use by myself are... uh... Zeds. And plainly zombies. In some hectic occasions I want to call them by their type, as a walker, runner, crawler... a damn hopper!

Sometimes, my buddy calls them as Rottweilers for a some reason.

Know a few yanks who use British slang' date=' it just sounds awful. It brings back repressed Dick Van Dyke memories and I despise it.

[/quote']Thank god I am not the only one.

All I usually hear and personally like to use by myself are... uh... Zeds. And plainly zombies. In some hectic occasions I want to call them by their type' date=' as a walker, runner, crawler... a damn hopper!

Sometimes, my buddy calls them as Rottweilers for a some reason.

[/quote']

as much as the evil dead is a good movie these zombies dont act anything like deadites in the movie lol

Err if anyone is calling them anything other than Deadites you either to young or completely uncultured.

These are undead infected, not possessed people taken over by spirits.....

Zombies, crawlers, and Rocket's change log has gotten me to say monkeys for the ones that hop around. :D

Some cultures and sayings need to stay where they originated from

What a peculiar xenophobic belief you have. :shy:

Err if anyone is calling them anything other than Deadites you either to young or completely uncultured.

These are undead infected' date=' not possessed people taken over by spirits.....

[/quote']

Deadites.

Also you don't know if they are possessed or not.

No' date=' it's a fact of reality that not all cultures or things within mesh well with others or have any real transference. Slang or the way things are said should only remain within the cultures they originated from as they have no meaning and make no real sense outside of them.
Deadites.

Yes I do and you would too if you even bothered reading the synopsis for the game.
A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.

I use 'Zeds' when in a hurry, if I'm spotting them for my crew and have enough time, I'll go into detail and call them shamblers, hoppers, or crawlers. On the rare occasion I'll call them zmobies or zombles.

I have never had to type zombies, or zeds, or z. Just the word bandit, or fucking bandito's!

Deadites.

Yes I do and you would too if you even bothered reading the synopsis for the game.
A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population' date=' now infected with the [b']disease.

And where does it say in that "the infected are not possessed"?

And where does it say in that "the infected are not possessed"?

Possession is not a disease, it's really as simple as that and doesn't need to be elaborated on any further.