Sign in to follow this  
Hyd

Drifting Zombies

Hi,

I have a suggestion, might been mentioned before though, but who cares :)

What about introducing something I like to call "drifting zombies". Zombies who drift all around the wasteland, make everyone more unsafe, especially in the woods and outskirts of populated areas. Make them walk all over as one, in pairs or hoards. Most importent of all not in a specified route in a small area.

I think this would make things more interesting because it's too safe out in the woods and other non populated areas. Snipers can lie in the treelines and outskirts without looking back for 30 minutes for instance. You have the small chance of a player walking by. They can also fire as many shoots as they can without aggroing zombies, which is not good in my opinion.

I know this maybe be in conflict with the Arma2 engine, but I don't know.. Thats up to the developers to decide. It's a good idea anyway. Making everyone more on the guard. Then it wouldn't always be so smart to fire away gunshots in the wilderness.

What do you guyes think?

Best regards,

Your fellow survivor :)

I know now, zombie's and loot are set up on trigger's to reduce lagging the server. You get within X meters of a building and the zombie's and loot spawn (most of the time). I'm not sure how roaming zombies would play into that. You are talking about a lot of them for them to actually be effective at what you are suggesting, and since they roam around they wouldn't really be put on a trigger. Having that many more AI constantly loaded on would certainly cause issues with server lag.

All they need to do is make it so zombies spawn in X amount of meters to a player, rather then just in towns and population. So their could be a chance of zombies in forested areas. It wouldn't lag the server up anymore then you running to a town and things spawning.

Spawning only is a bad solution imo. You always know: Zombies running around = Player close. There should be a certain amount of stationary Zombies that are always roaming the landscape / towns. Rocket should use the free ( zombie optimization ) ressources to place them.

Actually, how about of making it so their is a small amount of zombies that are always on map. In other words every part of the map will always have 2-5 zombies. Every forest or at least every section should contain around 10-20 zombies that will always roam that specific part so it isn't always completely safe.

It would be a rather small chance of running into one of these zombies but the possibility will be there so you have to be on guard.

Open plains should not contain zombies because being out in the open will grant the risk of other players spotting you so it would balance it out.