SEM (DayZ)

PK, PvP and how to encourage ppl to work in goups.

Maybe reduce PVP dmg do you can't be one-shooted. This will encourage ppl to walk in groups cuz you will be able to pop up one guy faster than in 1v1. Also if you are killed by player you would lay on ground for 5 min for example or until stabbed in melee so your mates can bring you back to live after they will deal with bandit. It would make pvp more interesting and less frustrating also PK will require more skill.

Sry for my english :C

Fiddling with weapon damage seems like a wrong solution to me, ARMA damage model works fine and it would be a shame to change it. A shootout is quick and brutal, that is awesome.

I do hope we’ll see some tools to encourage cooperation and a decrease in player griefing, but bullets ARE lethal.

Yeah but ppl are also afraid to die and the problem is that if someone will attack you even if you are in group you have very slight chance to survive. I don't wanna turn ppl into tanks just give them a bit more chances to respond. And that option with revive would force ppl to think before shoot to other plauer. You never know if that guy over there is alone or have few mates hidden in forest. Game would be still very lethal but less random.

One suggestion I was thinking of was have a secondary blood meter.

While your actual life will be 12,000, your secondary meter would be 36,000 or so.

The logic here is that it takes about 1/4'th of your blood to be lost before you pass out and/or fall into a coma.

When a player is shot and bleeding, and loses all of their primary blood, their secondary blood meter starts going down and they fall into a comatose state where only a blood transfusion and a epipen will revive them.

People working in groups will have some more time to save their buddies if the coast is clear and they have the necessary supplies.

Bandits shooting at people with rifles can still take them out, walk up to them, and finish the job if they so please with a bullet to the head.

I think this is a better solution than reducing weapon damage, at least.

There is nothing random about weapons in Arma.

If you are a good shot and use 7.62 you SHOULD kill another player before he reacts.

This mod doesnt need the "Everybody gets a fair chance, even if you are a bad player" that most FPS's have.

If you get ambushed, my opinion is that one didnt pay enough attention to his surroundings/wasnt cautious enough.

You already have a revive feature, Epi pen for someone that is unconscious. I dont want defibrillator style reviving a la BF3.

I am all for new tools/features that promotes teamwork, just that BF style reviving isnt one of those features.

If your in a group, that is your greatest defence, a player that engages you or your mates risk facing the ultimate sacrifice himself: death

I know it doesn't include the famous griefer but hopefully the MOD evolves into a state that doesnt attract too many of them.

Neither does it include the lone sniper that can wipe out the entire team, he is a part of the game though, all you can do against him is react and adapt.

LOL @ calling bandits griefers.

A bandit is the only form of identification of a murderer/PK’er since we only have one level of ‘bad guy’.

I do welcome the bandit, they are the core source the the intensity of the MOD. Bandits do face ‘the ultimate risk’ when engaging a group of players.

That is where the griefer differs! He doesn’t care, he dies, run back to town and continue killing with no interest in exploring the MOD to the fullest.

Rather than tweaking systems that directly impact how PvP works, the devs should try to include systems that indirectly affect PvP.

1. Reduce spawn rates of high tech equipment. That means less likely to find NVGs, less ammo available for strong weapons, less strong weapons etc. If a PK-er dies, its gonna take him a bit longer to get the gear he needs to effectively PK. Note: this works against both sides which isn't a bad thing since high tech/good equip should be harder to find. Possibly even reduce the rate of spawning supplies as I seem to be able to max out my carry capacity for basic medical, food/water, and lighting equipment in a short duration after I spawn (sometimes I feel like I am trying to optimize what gear I carry instead of trying to find gear). Maybe tweak it so that lighting equipment spawns slightly more during the night.

2. Roaming zombie hoards, or longer range for zombies to be attracted to gunfire. This increases the likelihood that PKers can freely PK without worrying about zombies.

3. Larger zombie groups defending high value stash locations. This makes it harder for individuals to get the high tech gear. PKers tend to be solo usually which makes it hard for them to gain access.

4. Faction implementations using something like ACE group features along with shacktac huds. This makes it so that people who are banding together have an easier time working together making the advantage of group work more likely.

5. Mandated first person only + no long range target identification. This hurts solos and PKers more as they can't easily scout now by rotating a camera above their head or finding targets via the weird A2 id system. Do have a close range ID system, something like within 5-10m including nametags and humanity status.

6. Removal of global/side chats and reliance on direct channel/ACRE mod systems. My purpose of including this is two fold as it isn't 100% about making PK harder but rather more realistic and a challenge. Global chats make it easy for PKers to monitor and find out where people are. Radios and radio frequencies make it easier for group collaborators to communicate without being monitored by PKers. On the other hand if a radio is compromised this could pose a problem, but at least its a realistic problem. Also direct/localized chat makes it easier to hear groups vs a quiet solo but this would increase realistic and tactical gameplay.

I am all for allowing PK but I would prefer some systems that make PK-ing less lucrative and easy. As it stands PK is a low risk high reward means of survival. This is partially because players have not yet found ways to effective engage PKers as a group (player's own fault here) and PK incidents are usually 1 v 1 where the victim usually does not expect it and is reluctant to immediately engage another human.