Sign in to follow this  
SpaceCowboyR

Hey Host Altitude Admins look here since you don't seem to respond to tickets

Seriously getting pissed off as my server is down and showing an unknown status without a reply to a ticket in 4 hours...you would think I could at least find out what the hell is going with it(US 872) So frustrating getting emails about the 1.7.2.4 update when I can't even access anything on the server to update if I even wanted to...

• Like 1

Your ticket will be answered within the next hour.

the fact you answered this post before my ticket(which still isn't answered) is even more disappointing.

• Like 1

my server (us 1054) has been down all night as well with status unknown as well....hopefully they will have this issue solved soon. We have a great community there and the server has been down all night submitted 2 tickets so far none answered but must be something large scale because from what i hear from the other admins of the servers through HA they have been down as well....great hosting service so far first bit of down time i have had. It would be nice on the other hand to get at lest an e-mail letting the renter side know if anything is up....i had no clue till i seen the emails on my android that there was anything wrong lol.

• Like 1

Just as someone that understands leased colocation resale, you need to understand that once HA actually confirms a problem colocation facility where leased servers are, if they cannot reach the servers via SSH, they also have to contact the local colocation facility's technical team to determine what the issue is and what the ETA on a fix may be.

If its not something you can easily fix by remote administration, it takes time to get hands on locally when you're administrating a sever network with multiple colocated facilities geo-locationally.

This isn't to say HA couldn't be a bit more on the ball with a simple "We are investigating your issue and will let you know as soon as we have an answer ourselves" response to service tickets, but, you should try to understand that HA themselves may not be able to determine the direct issue is if they cannot reach the server via remote admin...and thus they don't really have anything to say in response to your ticket because they don't even know whats wrong yet.

• Like 1

Agreed, you should at least inform people there is an issue and that you're working on it. Even if you don't have an answer yet, acknowledgement of the issue is better than nothing. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

• Like 1

Just as someone that understands leased colocation resale, you need to understand that once HA actually confirms a problem colocation facility where leased servers are, if they cannot reach the servers via SSH, they also have to contact the local colocation facility's technical team to determine what the issue is and what the ETA on a fix may be.

If its not something you can easily fix by remote administration, it takes time to get hands on locally when you're administrating a sever network with multiple colocated facilities geo-locationally.

This isn't to say HA couldn't be a bit more on the ball with a simple "We are investigating your issue and will let you know as soon as we have an answer ourselves" response to service tickets, but, you should try to understand that HA themselves may not be able to determine the direct issue is if they cannot reach the server via remote admin...and thus they don't really have anything to say in response to your ticket because they don't even know whats wrong yet.

Even if it is something that is out of their hands it is still good policy to send out an alert e-mail saying that there is in fact an issue vs nothing at all.you have to remember not everyone is up on tech or biz for that fact so they have no clue as to what might be going on other than the product or service is not working. I myself know in great detail what it takes to run a web based company because I host a data center for remote backups for companies around KCMO. I was just simply stating that if something is not working they should at lest let the customer know there is in deed a issue and it is being fixed because people tend to get very peeved that "things are not working" and have heard nothing from the one selling the product.

its all good im still waiting for my server to even exist atm, eta was the 26th now the 27th..except its the 28th..so im assuming i can pay the next month late? lol

yeah make sure you tell them your bill shouldn't actually start until you can actually use what you paid for. having a similar problem, a buddy of mine paid for a server about 4 days ago, they said yesturday it was up, couldn't find it via ip, and unforunately all they gave us was an ip. log into admin controls and there is literally nothing listed under game services. like basically they setup the admin controls and the server but didn't install any of the game software, or thats what it seems like at least.

Edited by djzombie

its all good im still waiting for my server to even exist atm, eta was the 26th now the 27th..except its the 28th..so im assuming i can pay the next month late? lol

Have you made a ticket? We will push your billing date forward so you don't miss out on any days.

yeah make sure you tell them your bill shouldn't actually start until you can actually use what you paid for. having a similar problem, a buddy of mine paid for a server about 4 days ago, they said yesturday it was up, couldn't find it via ip, and unforunately all they gave us was an ip. log into admin controls and there is literally nothing listed under game services. like basically they setup the admin controls and the server but didn't install any of the game software, or thats what it seems like at least.

Same as above, make a ticket and we'll sort that out for you.

Amen to that Brother, in EXACTLY the same boat and yet nothing... day 4 here and getting rather annoyed!

Hey DJZombie,

is this what you are referencing to?

http://imgur.com/A3e03