Sign in to follow this  
chaoticgood

Easy tips for effective counter sniping

I see alot of complaints about snipers, so the aim of this guide is to act as an equaliser against snipers.

Here's my first tip and I consider it to be the most useful when facing off against a sniper, however it requires a semi-automatic weapon or automatic. Shoot at the sniper, it doesn't matter if you stand no chance of hitting them. Here is why, when a passing bullet is close to someone, it fatigues their aim causing their weapon to sway. Now not only have you made their weapon ineffective at sniping, you are now the one with the more effective weapon at range.

In contrast, if you don't know where the sniper is, zig zag, at this point cover should be your priority. If the sniper has the drop on you, it's a good idea to flank around or leave the area as the sniper is just going to wait for more targets.

If you have a buddy, use him/her as bait and pretend to loot an area (fire a gun to get the snipers attention too) while you check out popular sniper perches. This works wonders, the snipers attention is on the bait and you don't have to worry about being spotting while sneaking up.

Finally, check for multiple snipers. It sucks killing a sniper then looting his corpse only to have another run right over and avenge the death.

Feel free to add any personal tips you have.

• Like 1

Great tips, especially about the aiming fatigue. I don't think many people use that to their advantage.

I always try and suppress them if I have a rough location (the LAW is perfect for that) and freak them out with grenades (M203 if equipped) and smoke grenades. If they haven't DC'd by then and I'm not dead then I try to hunt the bastards down.

Recovery Fire is an important tool in your arsenal. If the sniper isn't being shot at he has time to to shoot you. Find cover and return fire. Automatic fire has saved me from a .50 to the gray matter plenty of times. If you find yourself in a panic remember 3 deep breaths and keep moving until you hit your cover.