Sign in to follow this  
Latros

Your Definition of Self Defence?

If you look at me funny, I shoot. If you have a high powered weapon aimed at me, I shoot. If you look like an idiot, I shoot.

Mostly, I just shoot anyone who isn't on Teamspeak with me. I don't trust anyone.

If you look at me funny' date=' I shoot. If you have a high powered weapon aimed at me, I shoot. If you look like an idiot, I shoot.

Mostly, I just shoot anyone who isn't on Teamspeak with me. I don't trust anyone.

[/quote']

Such is life in the zone...

Let me break it to you, shooting first is never self defense, it is aggression. No amount of theorizing is going to change anything about that simple fact. There is no defense without being attacked. You yourself choose to escalate a situation by shooting first at someone.

The urge to declare it as self defense is understandable, it serves to mask ones insecurity and justify ones actions at the same time.

But lets be honest, if somebody sees you first and wants to kill you, you're dead anyways unless hes a terrible shot. And if you see them first, you can decide if, when and under what conditions you meet and if necessary get in a position where you have an advantage and good chances to still win even if he opens fire upon sight. Or, dealing with that sort of situations is too stressful or not rewarding, so you simply decide shoot at people.

But then again, why not simply embrace your virtual life as a murderer/ PvP player instead of trying to justify it? You dont need to, this is an rpg. Playing survivor would not even be half as thrilling without players who play murderers.

And tbh. yea, I don't die too much, I avoid confrontation and evaluate my best options for survival. Playing aggressively generally creates more problems than it solves, unless you actually look for these kinds of scenarios. Fear is rarely a good source of advice though.

If confrontation is unavoidable and I'm not completely sure if he is friendly I make sure I have a solid positional advantage. Usually other survivors will not open fire in these situations, and the two who did so far simply lost. I don't know if this will play out differently with the bandits removed. I guess I'll see.

But its pretty obvious that if people want to murder you, they'll do it for fun, insecurity, or for better gear, but not for beans. On a map as big as this you easily get 3x the food in the same time if you avoid conflicts and just loot some buildings. Climbing up a roof with a cz in electro and waiting for victims to grief upon is hardly needed for survival, you do it either for fun, or because you're frustrated because you fail at survival.