Sign in to follow this  
Pawn01

2 Players, 1 Computer?

Hey guys, I've been doing some reading on here, and not quite sure if I understand correctly. My goal, is to allow my girlfriend to play DayZ with me. I have two computers one of which I play and the other which she will be playing on. How do I need to proceed to make sure she can play DayZ on HER computer (which I have previously installed and played DayZ on) with me, without messing up my characters?

I am willing to buy multiple copies of the game as needed since installation is so easy now. Or is their an easy way I can just switch my CD Key on HER computer and be done with it? We will both have the STEAM version of the game.

Thank you for any advice! (Also I realize that I may have to uninstall the game and reinstall it, so that she can play on her computer and I will not ever be able to use it for my DayZ again, which is not too big of a problem)

- Pawn

The character is binded to cd key, you need to buy another Combined operations on another steam account to able play on another account.

^ this.

The character is binded to cd key, you need to buy another Combined operations on another steam account to able play on another account.

If I have two steam accounts on one computer, do I need to uninstall DayZ for the original steam (mine) in order for her CD key to work? Or do I need a whole new installtion of steam (basically Steam on C:\ and Steam on D:\ ?? Thank you again for the replies!

how is she going to play with you if you are sharing one computer ?

you said you have one pc, and then you say you have 2.. which is it?

You need two seperate copies of the game, and ARMA2:CO -- i dont know if you will run into problems from servers when you connect with more then one connection per IP address, but i accidently launched 2 instences of DayZ once and was able to connect, could have been a fluke.

Edited by scarypunk

You need one copy of Arma 2 and two copies of Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. The game only runs of the OA cd key. You can play different characters on the same PC, without uninstalling. You just need to regedit (or download a progam that does it for you) and change the CD key the game runs of.

I ran into the this problem before i bought the game for my GF after having already played it on her PC with my steam account.

I'm pretty sure that all you really have to do is make sure to run ARMA2 and OA through her logged in steam account, and it should change over which CD key is being used.

If that doesn't work, i remember reading something about going into the registry and changing the key to the correct one.

http://www.dayzpvp.c...n-one-computer/

Here is a quick guide to get you going on your second account. Simply installing/activating the second account is not going to work. You need to isolate both registry keys. Then you can export the registry file (don’t worry it just exports the Bohemia Interactive section if you do it right) and double click on the one you want. Push “Yes” then “OK”.

Click the link below for the how to.

• You need two copies of the game. Doesn’t matter from where.

• Install the first copy.

• Start > Search/run regedit.exe

• Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA”. You will see an entry called “KEY”. This is the registry entry for that installation’s CD key. Click on it (don’t open it).

• File > Export > Save it on your desktop. This will act as a shortcut to use your first cdkey/profile/character. You can name it whatever you want.

• Now you can install the second instance of the game, and follow the steps above to create a second shortcut to the second cdkey/profile/character. I put these next to my launcher to run the beta version of Arma II.

• Your character profile in game will remain the same as before, so make a new character and use that for your second profile.

Note: You might not have the Wow6432Node part

Sorry for making the text Cyan, you cannot see it otherwise cause of the silly quote thingy I did there

Edited by FrostDMG
  • Like 1