JDCollie

My first murder! :D

Being the noobie nooblet that I am, I wanted to share with you all my very first murder ever!

I had picked up an AKM from the North-East firestation on my way into Elektro, and was searching the office building just south of there for supplies when I heard gunfire from the west, some sort of automatic being fired in single shots and short bursts. Sounded very much like someone holding off a zombie horde. This was punctuated by some Winchester fire a bit farther off.

I, the wannabe bandit, nearly peed myself in surprise (I thought I was alone, having watched the area for about 10 minutes before entering the city) Once me and my shorts had recovered, I sneaked across the street into the pub and carefully began clearing the building. With lines of sight on the office and grocery store, I figured it would be a good place to keep an eye out for my prey. The ground floor was clear, and the second floor was looking clean too, when I rounded the corner in the hallway and found myself staring at an AKM armed survivor. Apparently he had the same idea as me, and was crouched looking at the grocery store. I unloaded fifteen rounds into him in a mix of panic, adrenaline, and glee. Then I decided that maybe the pub wasn't such a good place to stake out after all. Noobs can sneak up on you there, you know?

• Like 5

Another cool bandit. Wish I could be as cool as you, sadly I can't, since I do a more honorable role. Being friendly.

• Like 4

Another cool bandit. Wish I could be as cool as you, sadly I can't, since I do a more honorable role. Being friendly.

yet you are reading the bandit campfire forums and looking down on others. how honorable lol.

Edited by Ganjastar
  • Like 5

yet you are reading the bandit campfire forums and looking down on others. how honorable lol.

Wrong. I am looking at the "Recent radio chatter". Nice try though ;).

• Like 1

Wrong. I am looking at the "Recent radio chatter". Nice try though ;).

However, this is clearly posted in the bandit campfire. Also, just out of curiosity, if you came around a corner and found a survivor with an assault rifle eight feet away, would you announce yourself? If so, kudos to you, but I'm not willing to take that risk.

Edited by JDCollie
  • Like 1

Yes, I would. That's the whole reason of The Walking Militia. We don't shoot first ask questions later. However, if you do show hostility, we will be more willing to shoot. Bandits on the other hand lurk the coasts because they think the more kills they get the more MLG they will be. I am not going to hold back on commenting on a bandit campfire thread to advoid hurting the bandits fragile feelings.

Yes, I would. That's the whole reason of The Walking Militia. We don't shoot first ask questions later. However, if you do show hostility, we will be more willing to shoot. Bandits on the other hand lurk the coasts because they think the more kills they get the more MLG they will be. I am not going to hold back on commenting on a bandit campfire thread to advoid hurting the bandits fragile feelings.

The fact that I was on the coast because I had just spawned East of Elektro might factor in here. Also, I was alone. If I had backup the situation could potentially have been different, but even if I hadn't been hunting the guy (which I was, and for which I make no apology) I would have opened fire simply because he was obviously a bandit himself, and there was no way to safely extricate myself from the situation without bloodshed.

• Like 2

Wow then your group members must die a lot then. Edited by Dragonborn
  • Like 1

Why so much hate against people killing other people? I'm playing Day Z for about two months now and in the very beginning I used to be incredibly pissed off when I was killed by someone for no reason. Now I don't see any problems with it. It's simply how the game is, you shoot people for their loot to survive. It happens. Not everyone is friendly. In loads of zombie apocalypse movies you often see bandits, traitors and psychos as well, looking for survivors to loot.

I myself got into sniping a lot lately and I often camp at very well hidden places very high up on a building, sniping everyone I see, just for the fun of it. I don't even want the loot or something. I get to decide whether someone lives or dies whenever I got them in my scope basically. However if people are unarmed I don't shoot them because I feel sorry for shooting unarmed people. I wait until they're armed, then shoot them.

Today I saw an unarmed survivor and actually decided to help him by sniping the five zombies which were chasing him. He didn't know where I was until I sniped the last zombie, he took his time to locate me and once he located me he gave me a firm salute and ran off. I was honestly more satisfied about what I did than if I'd have killed him.

No actually. Most of WM deaths occur in firefights, usaully snipers. We handle things very tactically. We don't lurk around in Cherno. We are also not noobs, we know how to handle ourselves.

No actually. Most of WM deaths occur in firefights, usaully snipers. We handle things very tactically. We don't lurk around in Cherno. We are also not noobs, we know how to handle ourselves.

Instead you lurk on forums dissing new players who are excited to have experienced a different part of the game? Bravo sir, you are a pillar of honor among men.

Rather than coming in here and ragging on me, you could have explained some ways I could have handled the situation differently, or given some constructive reasons for me to avoid banditry in the future. Instead you approach me with the same essentially unprovoked hostility which you claim to eschew.

Edited by JDCollie
  • Like 3

Bandits on the other hand lurk the coasts because they think the more kills they get the more MLG they will be.

Sweeping generalization fallacy.

Your point is invalid.

Edited by DEADS0NG
  • Like 1

Being the noobie nooblet that I am, I wanted to share with you all my very first murder ever!

I had picked up an AKM from the North-East firestation on my way into Elektro, and was searching the office building just south of there for supplies when I heard gunfire from the west, some sort of automatic being fired in single shots and short bursts. Sounded very much like someone holding off a zombie horde. This was punctuated by some Winchester fire a bit farther off.

I, the wannabe bandit, nearly peed myself in surprise (I thought I was alone, having watched the area for about 10 minutes before entering the city) Once me and my shorts had recovered, I sneaked across the street into the pub and carefully began clearing the building. With lines of sight on the office and grocery store, I figured it would be a good place to keep an eye out for my prey. The ground floor was clear, and the second floor was looking clean too, when I rounded the corner in the hallway and found myself staring at an AKM armed survivor. Apparently he had the same idea as me, and was crouched looking at the grocery store. I unloaded fifteen rounds into him in a mix of panic, adrenaline, and glee. Then I decided that maybe the pub wasn't such a good place to stake out after all. Noobs can sneak up on you there, you know?

Kudos to you for actually going and checking out a source of gunfire in the middle of a city. Even when I'm out in the woods I find myself going the exact opposite direction the instant I hear gunfire. Maybe the guy you killed will learn to pick a better spot next time and not give away his position.

Would you like some cheese with that whine? All you've managed to do so far is dig yourself a hole and show everyone else just how arrogant you are by assuming yourself to be better to everyone else. Not to mention your sweeping generalizations are so laughable that my sides actually hurt now. Suppose I should at least thank you for the laugh though.

Edited by Professional N00b
  • Like 1

I bet that made you jump! Anyway, congratulations on your first kill. Remember to check your surroundings! ;)

The smart thing to have done would have been to call out in chat (after your pants had recovered) "Gunfire in Elektro!" At which point you could have chatted with the other player, setting up a place to meet and work together, let's just say at the pub, you meet there, start searching the place, and find the other survivor upstairs, presumably afk, at which point you would kill that guy with your new partner, and being the new bandit you are, would immediately unload an AKM clip into your new buddy's chest, netting you one more kill than just the one survivor in the pub plus giving yourself the satisfaction that comes with a semi planned betrayal.

• Like 1

HAHA, you really are not. I'm sure i've picked off more than enough of you in cities/NWA in 50/50 servers. Your just butthurt from us killing you and you not having a chance to say "FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY!!!". I'll continue popping your clan in the face all day, as people like you cry magic tears that fuels my guns fire power.

HAHA, you really are not. I'm sure i've picked off more than enough of you in cities/NWA in 50/50 servers. Your just butthurt from us killing you and you not having a chance to say "FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY!!!". I'll continue popping your clan in the face all day, as people like you cry magic tears that fuels my guns fire power.

yeeessss, YES!

HAHA yeah no shit, let him give me the chance to shoot first.....I wont need to worry about him, or his clan again lol.

Well, what are you doing here then?

HAHA yeah no shit, let him give me the chance to shoot first.....I wont need to worry about him, or his clan again lol.

Precisely. In a post-zombie Apocalypse, I was never trust a single person unless they wernt armed, in which case i'll leave them. It's the same concept on this game, if someone has a big gun, then they have it for a reason. More often than not they will fire on first sight. I have never came across 1 guy that I trusted to not fire at me, even my clan.

Edited by daemonik