mbcb

Item Spawn Questions

Have two quick questions related to item spawns.

1) Do items at any point 'respawn'? If an area is raided/picked clean of medical supplies, weapons and car parts, will the items come back at some point, or is it once they're gone, they're gone for good?

2) Is there something strange with item/zombie spawning if you drive into an area that there aren't any players? It's like the zombies don't pop in till after we get out of a car, then some rooms will be empty of items, when a minute later there's crap in them...

The loot spawns when the zombies do , and I believe that the loot respawns only when an entire loot pile is cleaned out.

If you even leave an empty can nothing else can spawn there I think.

So picking up empty cans actually serves a purpose then, interesting.

Items do respawn but I think its based on a node system where a certain amount has to be gone before more spawn. How long it takes to do this check I am not certain.

Also if you drive you sometimes outrun the servers area check. If you ever notice zombies only have a range at which they spawn. When you are on the edge of the woods near a city watch and you can almost pick out the distance that they do. This also affects items you can see for yourself by loging out in say a grocery store logging out go to another empty server and pop up. The grocer will be empty until you walk a bit away and it notices an entity. The server I believe would work on the concept of doing a character check to make sure its not wasting CPU resources by keeping active AI in an area when no one is there.

Sometime items will respawn after you loot them. It happenned to me yesterday, we were done looting a barn, then scouting our way out. A Lee-Enfield with mags just appeared in front of us, without any of us leaving the area.

For the zombie things, I observed that they will spawn when you get close to the building. If you were in a car, you probably arrived quickly into the town, giving you a "grace" time before they spawn. If I don't see any zombies in a city, I just run to the closest building! And they spawn after!

Happy looting!

Yeah, we've been looking all over the place for car tires and having a bear of a time with them. Yet strangely, every building I walk into there's a hatchet or two.

After loot has been sitting there for a while (unsure how long, couple hours maybe), it will despawn, and new loot will take its place about 10 minutes after a new player approaches. Or, as has been said, you can take everything out of the piles and leave and come back later and new loot will be there.