rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Animals couldnt retrieve food after gutting

Confirm this too, no raw meat from animals upon death :(

Well, it seemed I couldn't loot them at all after gutting them for that matter...

I've had extreme visual glitches and it seem that the zombies are kind of glitchy as well b/c I was crouch running and ran by a zombie that was like 10 feet away and he did not hear me but the one that was like 25 feet away heard me idk if this has happened to anyone else. But other than those things the game seems to be running smoother than ever, keep up the great work Rocket!!!!

Well, it seemed I couldn't loot them at all after gutting them for that matter...

Wow, that is crazy. I have not experienced this whatsoever (...not that some of you have not). I gutted at least 5 animals last night, and everything was copacetic. I have yet to experience the artifacts either no matter my location. We went to both the NWAF and NEAF just to be sure. I actually setup some wire fence myself today, and I was still unable to create this issue for myself. It makes me wonder if this is only occurring on certain servers, or is it occurring with certain users?

Hopefully, in the long run, it will work out for everyone... ^_^

In regards to some zombies agroing and others not, it is dependent on if they are facing you.

• Like 1

Just finished a load more playtime, 5 hrs ish (95389 & 1.7.2.4)

Did some normal dayz shit got killed got kitted again and drove over most of the map

This was messed up tonight

Loading times longer than last night, lots longer

Artifacts

Still couldn't fill water bottles

Got shot right through a truck?? how is that even possible

Lag ffs Laaaaaaggg lots of it my m8 was down to 9 frames in the countryside normally 50-60 (we play on same server all the time)

zombies i have no idea what they are doing anymore

Some standing stock still, some ambling about even though you stand 2 feet in front of them, some spannering without even seeing us

really bad desynching in vehicles ,worst we have ever known

Players sliding sideways quite a lot

Its a bit fucked up guys, hopefully someone is looking into it

Its definatly getting worse.

Exactly... Getting much worse. Each update brings more and more bullshit. I mean, getting rid of respawn? Are you kidding me?

Just finished a load more playtime, 5 hrs ish (95389 & 1.7.2.4)

Did some normal dayz shit got killed got kitted again and drove over most of the map

This was messed up tonight

Loading times longer than last night, lots longer

Artifacts

Still couldn't fill water bottles

Got shot right through a truck?? how is that even possible

Lag ffs Laaaaaaggg lots of it my m8 was down to 9 frames in the countryside normally 50-60 (we play on same server all the time)

zombies i have no idea what they are doing anymore

Some standing stock still, some ambling about even though you stand 2 feet in front of them, some spannering without even seeing us

really bad desynching in vehicles ,worst we have ever known

Players sliding sideways quite a lot

Its a bit fucked up guys, hopefully someone is looking into it

Its definatly getting worse.

:thumbsup:

Sometimes it takes a little while for the meat to spawn.

Don't know how long you waited, however.

I had some difficulty getting meat from animals. But I just gave it a minute and aimed all over the corpse and then got the option. Had a few friends and we killed 8 animals over today playing on two different servers. We all got meat just fine, with the occasional hiccup that made it take a min or two.

I would also like to point out that in the last week or so, neither I nor any of my party members have encountered a hacker. Good job Rocket and good job Bohemia! Luff you guys!

• Like 1

Perhaps instead of bitching about glitches, describe your system so they can fix it...

"omg glitches every where, this game sux"

"worst update ever"

*not helpful*

asus blah blah blah

i7 2700k blah blah

16gb Ram

VIDEO CARD

*helpful*

I have not recieved any issues with graphics glitches on the following system:

Asus p6t deluxe v2

990x @ 4.41ghz

24 GB G skill 1600mhz Ram

EVGA GTX 680 OC

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Launching with Day Z commander

10.7.2.4 & 3 Betas - 95393 95417 95312

In fact, everything has run mouch more sloothly on my end except for a few stuttering zombies here and there. Overall, less hackers, better sync, no lost items or vehicles, better gameplay, more challenging zombies - all positive.

A FEW HOURS LATER - GLITCHES AT BEREZINO TENTS :( CONFIRMED ON BOTH ATI AND NVIDIA. LOGGING OUT AND BACK IN ON DIFFERENT SERVER RESOLVES ISSUE

Edited by DimaKarpa
  • Like 2

wait so it is released to 50 players but all severs run it now? or was it released to 50 players a while back for testing? confused. I just see that everyone has access to it now and every server is rocking the update. Where do we sign up to help test these updates before their release?

Does anyone know exactly when the flyable helicopters are going to be available? Like more of an exact time than what they are saying, East Coast Time Zone

It sounds harsh, but well... if you don't like it: Move on. Try another game. You might find the game experience YOU've always wanted. Stop wasting your time here and whine about wasted potential about YOUR vision of this game. It's rocket's vision. You and me don't have to agree with it. Especially when it's a F2P mod.

Hear hear. I wish there were more people that understood this. Especially the part about it being rockets vision.

• Like 1

Tents are still bugged - I didn't have a chance to check mine out fully, because I set it up on the wrong server, packed it back up, went to the correct server and poof, it was gone from my inventory (and the server which I put it up on)

This has happened to me as well. However I believe the cause is that you didnt allow enough time between packing the tent up, putting it into your inventory and then changing servers.

You need to allow for items to save on the character in a way. Next time just hang about in the same server for a minute or two after you pick up the tent. It should then be on you when you swap to another server.

The barrels (in cherno) seem to be artifacting, badly.

And when I first went in-game with 1.7.2.4 it created a new char, when I died and went to create a new character it loaded the char I was using before the 1.7.2.4 update.

Lag + lower than previous update FPS (please add an option to disable grass, it does help)

I'm getting extreme artifacting when looking toward the berezino military tents on my GTX570 with the 301.42 NVIDIA drivers. My video memory setting has always been 'default' and previously the only instance of (light) artifacting was walking along the warehouses at the Berezino docks. AA = off.

Edited by ironpants
  • Like 1

I'm getting extreme artifacting when looking toward the berezino military tents on my GTX570 with the 301.42 NVIDIA drivers.

Good to know its not just the crappy ATI users having the issue, was a bit worried for a minute there.

Perhaps instead of bitching about glitches, describe your system so they can fix it...

"omg glitches every where, this game sux"

"worst update ever"

*not helpful*

asus blah blah blah

i7 2700k blah blah

16gb Ram

VIDEO CARD

*helpful*

I have not recieved any issues with graphics glitches on the following system:

Asus p6t deluxe v2

990x @ 4.41ghz

24 GB G skill 1600mhz Ram

EVGA GTX 680 OC

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Launching with Day Z commander

10.7.2.4 & 3 Betas - 95393 95417 95312

In fact, everything has run mouch more sloothly on my end except for a few stuttering zombies here and there. Overall, less hackers, better sync, no lost items or vehicles, better gameplay, more challenging zombies - all positive.

Coming from the guy whoose previous message was:-

"In regards to some zombies agroing and others not, it is dependent on if they are facing you." duh realy? and what about the 1s where you can run around and around them or the zombie i just vaulted over that was laying down? it made a grunt and then nothing.

And saying i have no problems then in the next sentance "except for zombies stuttering around" is stupid (for want of a better word) as surely the stuttering IS a major issue related to desync.

I see many posts like this. "I have no probs with this version, great patch... except for...... " then they list a whole string of "minor" problems that others see as serious probably due to the amount of time (or lack) spent in the game.

Don't get me wrong i agree there needs to be a little less confontation and more constructive discussion yet i fail to see how many people reporting the same problem no matter how its said as worthless, as it confirms there IS a recognisable, repeatable error that is in need of attention.

The current main points being discussed

- desync issues (from lag, fps drops, unresponsive zeds, unable to pick up items or swap them from toolbelt to main and visa versa etc shown by :- debug window disappearing, yellow & red chain icon),

- tents still being borked

- unresponsive zeds (linked to desync),

- weapons being nerfed (had no one reported this as Rocket said he would have not been aware of this effecting dayz, now he is looking into this with possible changes in the health system to counter the gun nerfing rather than changing arma2 directly),

- graphical glitches (i have experienced this and it was "fixed" by adjusting video memory though other adjustments that reset from video options (black screen stateing "Receiving") will also 'fix' it),

- inability to gut animals (some can some can't, i just experienced this so possibly due to desync).

So what makes your reply any more (or less) useful? By pointing out others imperfect reports does not make yours perfect and in many ways makes your "moaning" about them on par with those you sort to ridicule.

Lastly listing your specs is pointless, arma2 is way (2 years+) past that.

Edited by Turk
  • Like 1

Everything seems to be running good, but I've had a lot of problems with items being eaten. Packs eating items still when not enough room, animals eating their own meat upon being gutted, and also I've had some items showing up that aren't really there. It might just be a glitched item showing up on multiple floors though as in one of the firehouses I kept seeing an alice pack on the same spot on every floor, but when attempting to pick it up, it was never there. I've also seen guns with ammo in houses that aren't really there when you go to loot.

Yea, same Balota, Cherno, Starry, and few others still artifacting really badly.. GTX690 with up to date drivers...

For all with the graphic glitches: I've deactivated Anti-Aliasing and it solved this for me.

Okay I found you! Thanks! Seems to work for me too! Not just temporarily either (unlike a lot of other changes to gfx settings which work only temporarily) so it's worth trying. Have yet to test extensively but so far so good! only downside=nasty jaggies

Running around nw/af, all is well, get stuck in walk mode, mash shift to get back to normal, sticky keys tries to turn on.

Second arma2 randomly opens up when I alt+tab back in, alt+tab back out to see what's going on, and I'm met with a dead screen. Panick, as I certainly shouldn't be dead, and open up the window I was playing where all seemed well. All was well.

Continued playing, got to camp, logged off.

Logged back in, on server where our camp actualy is (cz02) and spawn on the beach.

What on earth was that second window, how did it kill me, and why didn't my char. save when I logged out an hour or so after the weird death screen?

:-( I loved that char.