jordanmammo

How to get zombies to stop chasing you (DISCOVERED 25/07)

***DISCLAIMER**** 27/07, new patch has been distributed, no confirmation if still in function *******DISCLAIMER******

Okay, so I noticed this once when I was being chased by zombies with no weapons and got hit so I started bleeding

Instructions:

1. Get chased by zombies (Obviously <_< )

2. Spot a Pine tree that Is fairly large: Pine Tree = Christmas Tree (Vertical, does not have leafs, but pines, branches are mainy horizontal, cone shaped)

Now for the actual stopping part:

3. Sprint into the Pine Tree, when you hit the stem/root/bark of the tree (I didn't know what word), stop...

DO NOT: - Turn around

-Go prone/crouch

-Start to shoot at zombies

4. Wait until the zombies start to back away, then when they should be out of their aggrivation range, prone/crouch/walk out and run away....

*******TREE SPECS********* *******TREE SPECS********* **********TREE SPECS********

-*********MOST IMPORTANT IMPORTANT:::::: I am not sure if it works for crawling zombies or crouched zombies

****MOST IMPORTANT****** You have to be able to fit into it......

******IMPORTANT******* You have to be at least within half of the distance of the tree bark/root/body and edge of branch for it to work

Hope this works, gimme beans :D :D :D :D :beans: :beans: Mammo B) :lol:

• Like 2

It sounds great but be careful, bushes regularly kill folk in DayZ!

i usually run into to trees to make zeds lose los, then i go prone... i'll try in a sanctary server..

• Like 1

It sounds great but be careful, bushes regularly kill folk in DayZ!

Its not a bush, its a pine tree... I did this i never got hurt....
  • Like 1

Huh?

Huh to avoiding zombies or to being killed by trees?

The zombies thing is just a strategy to avoid them.

Trees killing you is just a glitch.

that Is fairly large: .... (Vertical, ... cone shaped)

Now for the actual stopping part:

3. Sprint into the .... (I didn't know what word), stop...

DO NOT: - Turn around

-Go prone/crouch

4. Wait until .... start to back away, then when they should be out of their .... range, .... run away....

*******TREE SPECS********* *******TREE SPECS********* **********TREE SPECS********

-*********MOST IMPORTANT IMPORTANT:::::: I am not sure if it works ....

****MOST IMPORTANT****** You have to be able to fit into it......

******IMPORTANT******* You have to be at least within half of the distance of the ... body .... for it to work

Hope this works, gimme beans :D ...

Or you could just run around a building or structure until they lose track of you then calmly walk away without wasting any ammo..

I know it is a pine tree and not a bush. I was kidding with you. There's a bug and bushes randomly kill people. :)

what really seems to help and is a _little_ easier to perform is to run to the next fence/barricade and vault over it.... with minimum success they stop for some seconds and then run around the thing (and not always the fastest way)....if it really works you get the time to run far enough so they stop chasing you. or, if you want to, it gives you the time to pick some of them with the gun.

just my 2 cents,

schreck

Guys, I meant this to be if you are near a god damn pine tree, like if you we're looting a deer stand and a zombie started chasing you, IM NOT SAYING DO THIS FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Run up a very steep hill that you have to run sideways on to continue sprinting; or (this is my favorite option) run down a very sharp hill and watch the zombies launch themselves off of the hill and die from falling.

I've got a couple videos up showing you how to avoid zombies with the latest patch and updates. This is as legit as it can get without shooting or aborting. I've prioritized my options and this is your best bet to lose zombies without getting killed or aggro of more zombies.

Solution #1: Find some bushes to run through them, and make a stop behind each bush for one-two seconds until they stop following you, then stay crouched until you have a path to exit that area. Remember, run in a straight line and curve slightly around the bushes/trees so you don't get stuck in the middle. I call it... a figure 8 sprint...

Solution #2: Run through a building that has two doors -- ENTRANCE and EXIT.

This is easy... Run through one door, and out the other door.

AVOID ABORTING -- This is against the rules.

AVOID SHOOTING -- If you don't want Bandits to find you, and possibly aggro more Zombies!

AVOID Climbing the Hills -- This slows you down, and gets you spotted quickly by other Bandits.

AVOID PRONE/CROUCH -- While zombies are aggro on your tail... this can get you hurt badly!

Your best option, and solution is disclosed clearly in the link below.

[Watch How to get zombies to stop chasing you - Tutorial]

Watch this video @ http://www.youtube.c...Y1IzqQXBs?rel=0

I welcome you to any comments, questions, or suggestions.

Edited by leadz

OP has worst advice ever. If you've got guns and the willingness to waste your ammo, just turn around and shoot them. No tree necessary. No time wasted.

If you want to do it without wasting your ammo, just drag them through a barn or other large building. Barns are great for confusing zombies, although I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Most of the time they'll wander to the top floors, regardless of whether or not you actually went up there.