zurrgle

Best places to search for camps?

OK, So I decided I would start searching for camps. I can't decided. Are high populated servers best or possibly not so good?

I think they could be could just due to how many people on them, but I also think they could be bad just because people might not set camps up on high pop servers and keep camps on "home" servers.

Also currently running in the mountains on the left side of the map.

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.009.120

Currently at the 12, near enough.

Why you, stay away from 12!

In all seriousness, think of a place you would like to put a camp, then go look there.

Somewhere away from deer stands.

Green mountain is a good place to start! Then the hills near the north-east airstrip ;)

Also I found one on one of the bigger southern islands off the coast by chance a while back.

Well basically, go to a highly lootable area, say the NW Airstrip, then start searching in an ever increasing radius with binocs to find camps near it for easy storing of high value items.

I keep on encountering a few small encampments 500-700 metres away from the NW hospital of Cherno.

The only reason I don't loot it is because I think its a small storage for a medic group.

A bandit asking where to find camps... Pro bandit...

I can never understand why people take the time to be such assholes- Isn't there ANY other thing you guys can do? This post is a great one for people (bandits or not, I'm not going to touch that subject) that would like to share tips and strategies. Raiding camps is IMO a great way for solo players to gear up (relativley) safe.

Try raiding the edges of the map, but stay a bit inlands, say a few hundred meters. After the tent/car-wipes there problably are more of them in the forest, since the border tend to be in the open. It's hard though, so I mostly tend to look for other players, rather than their camps ;)

• Like 2

I can never understand why people take the time to be such assholes- Isn't there ANY other thing you guys can do? This post is a great one for people (bandits or not, I'm not going to touch that subject) that would like to share tips and strategies. Raiding camps is IMO a great way for solo players to gear up (relativley) safe.

Try raiding the edges of the map, but stay a bit inlands, say a few hundred meters. After the tent/car-wipes there problably are more of them in the forest, since the border tend to be in the open. It's hard though, so I mostly tend to look for other players, rather than their camps ;)

Thanks, and yes. I'm a new player so I have no IDEA where camps could be, so I was just asking for anyone to share "hot spots" here for others like me to see.

Thanks for all the replies people :) I have found 1 tent so far, it had meat in... haha.

I would look for secluded places in the forests that are away from villages and towns.

the silly thing i always find is that people put their camps NW so far up, that they up leaving them in open, without any tree cover,

Recently i found one that had sniper rifles with 5 mags each, coyote backpack, ranger/night vision/gps and bunch of other few things here and their. funniest part.... it was out in the forest in clearly open space of the forest, instead of hidden behind trees.

=P Still have the weapons on me and just roaming around. but i did find two chopper crashes recently, so now i have sniper plus MK 48 ;3

too bad tents dont work kinda feel full of loot :(

Edited by Skully

I hear there is a huge tent city with everything you can imagine in it. Its about 250 meters straight south of the big dock area on the coast near Cherno under the water on most servers. Must be a clan stashing shit on lots of different servers?