Sign in to follow this  
Tacosgame

I fell 4 metres and died

Today I was in Electro looting with my trusty magnum with my friend when a guy walks in and we blast him. We loot his corpse and he has an M249 SAW and a M4A3 CCO. We had just started 20 mins ago and to get beastly military loot within minutes was awesome. As we were sitting there looting the place a crossbow lands right next to my friends head. My friend sprays him with the saw and we leave electro and go to rog. We get there and loot the place but I fall off 4 metres and die instantly. I mean COME ON. 4 metres and I die instantly. My friend later on took my GPS, Night vision goggles AND my M4A3 CCO I looted from that guy. I never get good loot like that and to just die instantly really annoys me. It wasn't like I fell 40 metres it was just 4 metres. I haven't played dayz since and my friend still has my stuff.

It happens I am afraid. I have broken my legs and climbed up the hospital ladder to get to morphine and ended up falling again and dying.

• Like 1

Get used to being extra-careful around the edges of roofs and ladders. The game doesn't have a physics engine; this leads to somewhat "buggy" characteristics.

You should try falling 4 meters in real life, come back when you tested it.. ;)

ehh, broke leg maybe, but its a survivable fall with no real injury if you know how to land.

besides some people live from falling from airplanes...

in anycase yeah, the fall mechanics are kinda...weird. i persoanlly avoid doors and any form of elevation unless i need it.

Friend died yesterday by crouching into a bush. Legs broken and insta-death - he had 11k+ blood.

Well so far i've died from falling about 50centimeters (ladder inside barns), trying to enter a building while prone, accidently pressing a button while climbing down from a deer stand making me fall roughly 1 meter or so, and from parking my car in a bush. It sucks yeah but at the moment its a part of the game.

I learned from each of these experiences and also looked up these forums in order to find out other weird ways of dying and and haven't had a weird death for more than a week now. I suggest you do the same.

Get used to being extra-careful around the edges of roofs and ladders. The game doesn't have a physics engine; this leads to somewhat "buggy" characteristics.

No physics engine? Okay buddy.

I died holding my sausage in hostage and fishing for pocket trout.

You should try falling 4 meters in real life, come back when you tested it.. ;)

This.

Just over 13 feet, it's quite a drop.

Lol... after reading the title i just looked out of couriosity if he will really complain about dying from a 4 meter fall.

Yes he does :D

I've started avoiding ladders and rooftops like the plague.

I've died one from going prone on a curb and twice from closing a farm gate on myself.

Rog is cursed with some sinister stairs.

The very first gun I ever found, in the very first tree stand I ever searched, was an M4A3 CCO. I made my way up to Rog, and there was a dead body at the base of the stairs. Being a complete noob idiot, I felt compelled to literally run up the stairs to possibly face down whatever bandit slayed the poor bastard. Instead, I fell off the stairs to my death (pretty sure a little lag was involved). Maybe the body was there from the same exact thing. Someone should put a "Caution! Wet Floor" sign up at the bottom of the stairs...

A military tent attempted to eat a clan mate yesterday, I had to drag their body out of its hideous fangs, bandage them, fix their broken legs, give them a transfusion AND hit them with an epinephrine shot.

Tents are SRS BSNS.

besides some people live from falling from airplanes...

Some people die from falling when walking...

Jump off of a high barn and live, go prone on a stairwell and instant leg break and bleed to death. Gravity is fickle in the DayZ universe.

The fall distance in the game is a little of...ok...a lot off. It's really an ArmA issue...not sure if it can be changed for DayZ or not.

Learn from my mistake, on the roof of a fire station, prone on the ground and I wanted to lean over to look down below... not a problem except I forgot I was prone and that means you roll... ALL THE WAY DOWN.... death but that was death through stupidity

I was crouch walking on top of an apartment one day when the game glitched and my character stood up and ran full speed off the side of the building. That was humorous.