Sign in to follow this  
Targeter_NL

Tent question.

I read that tents dissappear after a while if the owner does't come back to them. I was wondering if I am still the owner of a tent I placed if I died? Since the new spawn is basically a new character.

You can save anyones tent just by walking to it and using the option "save old camping tent" Tents aren't really owned by anyone since you can loot all of them and save all of them.

'' Tents disappear some days after you have died; you can make a new tent after your death or reclaim items from the existing one, however you cannot take it even if you own it. In 1.7 it tents will last as long as someone places/removes items once every 7 days.''

From my understanding, barring bugs and such. Tents remain as long as the character who set them up is alive. If that character dies, I believe tents will stat for two days then they will disapear.

'' Tents disappear some days after you have died; you can make a new tent after your death or reclaim items from the existing one, however you cannot take it even if you own it. In 1.7 it tents will last as long as someone places/removes items once every 7 days.''

This quote is exactly the reason of the common confusion, because it is imprecise. The question is: Did the new 1.7 mechanic replace the old mechanic, or was it placed on top of it? In other words: As long as I didn't die after placing a tent, do I still have to use it every 7 days to keep it active?

This quote is exactly the reason of the common confusion, because it is imprecise. The question is: Did the new 1.7 mechanic replace the old mechanic, or was it placed on top of it? In other words: As long as I didn't die after placing a tent, do I still have to use it every 7 days to keep it active?

Duration on the server where it is deployed:

• Permanent? (Owner alive)
  • Infinitely as long as someone (not necessarily the owner) places/removes items every 7 days (Owner dead)

Regardless, tents are buggy, there are camps out there which have been flattened a dozen times, yet they keep respawning with all the loot still in there.

So when I go on a holiday for 14 days I can expect them to have dissapeared when I come back?