basti (DayZ)

Kill Log? Why not?

Hi there,

Believe me, i am not the person posting on every shit around in the moment it happens. Also I don' t wanna flame around or being disrespectful.

Being a Game developer myself i really know how much and hard work must be done to get up a game like that and you are doing real good!

But...

the cheat thing is getting from annoying to not playable.

We are hosting a dayzserver and we are thankful for that. We are spending many many hours to stay up to date and keep the server running. We read all available boards in almost any language and direction, Battleeye is up and "fully protecting" (whatever that means), Bans.txt and scripts.txt are up to date and connectable and the newest patch is installed in the moment its downloadable. But we are completely unable to avoid most cheating. It seems not to be a problem for any scriptkiddie around to spawn whatever he wants, running around in god mode, teleporting right beside even fully equipped squads and wipe them out. And as a server Admin we don' t even have a chance to react on that. Not just that Scripts.log is ballooning in GB Size without any useful information, you have to parse it on your own without too much information what is good and what is cheat. The console.log only gives back who is connecting and there is still no way to find out who killed whom.

We don't want this to find out who shot us in pvp or who looted our tents. That is the point behind that game. No, we want to find out who killed the whole server by teleporting or lifting and get him banned. Yes, its a simulation and i love it the way it is, but please give us a little more to the hand to avoid being raped by those scriptkiddies.

Its one of the best games i ve played for many many years and thats the point why i am getting frustrated, cause we are not able to keep our servers clean and keep the fun up.

I've done so many Alpha testing with our or other games and i really know not everything can be fixed the same time. And again, with most of the game you are doing really really good. But, please think about a little help for us server Admins. Yes they are thankful for hosting, but also they are powerless against most cheaters.

Thanks,

Basti

PS.: Please don't use that post to start flaming or insulting, ty

• Like 2

You claim you're a game developer and you don't understand that the issue with hacker/cheaters is not with DayZ developers but with Arma2/Battleye developers..?

Shit like this belongs on their forums.

Edited by Hakultair
  • Like 3

arma 2 feels like itself is still in beta version...an alpha mod for a beta v. game..i bet we have hackers. cosider that also the best developed games have hackers..so it's an issue that could be just partially/temporarly removed.

You claim you're a game developer and you don't understand that the issue with hacker/cheaters is not with DayZ developers but with Arma2/Battleye developers..?

Shit like this belongs on their forums.

Yes i claim and yes i understand, but i chose that forum cause its the first place we are dealing with, so please, keep your "shit things" and bring something more copious. I am not blaming anyone!

arma 2 feels like itself is still in beta version...an alpha mod for a beta v. game..i bet we have hackers. cosider that also the best developed games have hackers..so it's an issue that could be just partially/temporarly removed.

Jep, and for that reason it would be great we could at least find out who killed whom as it is possible in arma afaik. Not to fight cheats in general, i know thats not possible, but to fight cheaters in person and get rid of them.

Ahhhhhh yes, and then the hacks stop and the admin abuse really begins.

This is a bad idea.

Ahhhhhh yes, and then the hacks stop and the admin abuse really begins.

This is a bad idea.

You can not and will not prevent admin abuse. It's a part of PC gaming. Get over it.

The bottom line being a kill log needs to be there to find hackers. They still can prevent/hate the fact of us using kill/ban on our own, but they should still let us know who did it. What is the harm in that? It would be a hell of a lot easier to figure out if someone was legit or not. For example, if someone kills 6 people in 10 seconds with an AS50, probably full of shit.

Even an explanation or logging of the RPT and what all can be logged in there would be helpful to help those coders among us to help write tools to report hackers to the DayZ guys. They are making this a hacker friendly environment because we can't do anything about it.

• Like 1

ArmA 2 is NOT in beta. Bohemia Interactive pumps out beta patches, and users test the new features and fixes, which are then refined by Bohemia Interactive and put in the next official patch.

You can not and will not prevent admin abuse. It's a part of PC gaming. Get over it.

The bottom line being a kill log needs to be there to find hackers. They still can prevent/hate the fact of us using kill/ban on our own, but they should still let us know who did it. What is the harm in that? It would be a hell of a lot easier to figure out if someone was legit or not. For example, if someone kills 6 people in 10 seconds with an AS50, probably full of shit.

Even an explanation or logging of the RPT and what all can be logged in there would be helpful to help those coders among us to help write tools to report hackers to the DayZ guys. They are making this a hacker friendly environment because we can't do anything about it.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Admins need this. We are HELPLESS against hackers. Absolutely helpless.

Yeah, I feel for you guys it must get very frustrating having your servers hacked and not being able to do anything about it. I'd really like to see you get something like this.

Yes please.

Also if you get banned from a server for killing a admin, just move on. The server is not worth it.