Sign in to follow this  
chengysogood

Computer won't run anywhere near full load

Got a new comp and my fps is worse than my old one. I did a lot of researching on optimizing arma 2 and dayz in general, but I have since lost all of my settings with both nvidia config and arma2/dayz.

Long story short my rig only runs the CPU to about 25% load and the GPU's are only running at around 30-40% load.

Could you actually provide us with the specs for your new pc? And the FPS you are getting

i'm thinking you need to add a -cpuCount as a startup parameter.

if your cpu is some 3+ ghrz quad core then it is normal for it to be at low load. I run dayz on a quad core 3.3 and it never goes higher than 30-40%. You are experiencing the benefits of a strong pc. As for your fps issues please give us more details.

Edited by Gyroslove

My old pc

Processor: Intel Core i7 980x 4.4Ghz Overclock

Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 670 2Gb x2 SLI

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 1600

HDD: Dual Western Digital 10,000RPM Raptor (RAID0)

Western Digital 1Tb HDD (Media Storage)

almost always 100+ fps, aside from being in cherno or elektro. when i was in those towns, maybe around 70 or 80.

i have similar fps with my new setup, but when looking into elektro or cherno im getting around 30 fps which is a drastic decrease.

new setup includes a 3960x sandybridge and an intel dx79sr along with an SSD.

i was able to get my old rig to use more system resources to increase FPS i cant remember for the life of me what settings i had to change.

Could you actually provide us with the specs for your new pc? And the FPS you are getting

i'm thinking you need to add a -cpuCount as a startup parameter.

i have cpucount in my startup parameter already and tried 2 and 6 with no difference.

so... you getting 70 or 80 fps, except when your near the biggest server loads possible & then it only goest down to 30 fps??

Please post back when you have a real problem... dude those are good numbers for A2, count yourself amoung the blessed & move on. A2 is one of the most single spec hogs ever created, so trust me... your ok!

Edited by TCEd

so... you getting 70 or 80 fps, except when your near the biggest server loads possible & then it only goest down to 30 fps??

Please post back when you have a real problem... dude those are good numbers for A2, count yourself amoung the blessed & move on. A2 is one of the most single spec hogs ever created, so trust me... your ok!

My previous build was getting more than double FPS in areas where I am getting low numbers on this one. It isn't a matter of my FPS is low wahhh this sucks. There is actually a technical issue, I would like to figure out how to fix it. There are numerous other threads on FPS where people are getting extremely low numbers anywhere from 2-5FPS, it could be the same reason and with a fix, they could be running where I am now which would be like a 500% increase in FPS.

Edited by chengysogood