Sign in to follow this  
ImpZ

Worth it?

Me and a few friends were moving across the North of Cherno. I have only played like.... less then six hours of this game at least, same with some friends of mine. We finally met our first bandits. We were in the city, but so far north the forest was not too far away. We were fighting some zombies, one of us had a hatchet, and I had a Lee Enfield I found in a barn. Well, needless to say, we finally met some bandits around there. We heard gunshots but could not figure out from where, but eventually we were basically gunned down by one person with some kind of assault rifle. Really high rate of fire. Still getting used to the game, at least two of us are gunned down or bleed to death in a few seconds. Me and a friend are on the ground prone. I dunno about him, but my arm and legs were broken, so I could not get up and run or anything, was bleeding out, no bandages, and the person ran back a distance, but every so often we could hear gunfire from their position. I took a few shots before I was basically drilled into the ground, but the Enfield's rate of fire is so small, plus the chaos of someone just jumping in front of you and blasting you makes it hard to hit them. Everyone is dead except me now. I know I am gonna die, so I am on last stand mode, I am gonna do as much damage as I can.

I crawl over this hill top and move towards this building, I see the person standing there, again opening fire on me. A few bullets hit me, they had to, I iron sighted up, took one shot. Two shots. I think it was three shots, then bam they fall to the ground. I crawl up, seeing if I can get their weapon, and they are loaded with food and supplies, not sure why they just sat there shooting at me like that. Well they had like three or four buddies that popped the corner and killed me, but I was like dead anyways, almost instantly going to -7000+ blood. Overkill to the extreme.

So, here I am, smiling basically. They wasted how much rare ammunition, and even lost a guy, to some newb with a rifle he can barely use. Your prize bandits? One Lee Enfield, practically the most common assault rifle in the game, some mags, and the most basic of just spawned in gear. Even though I know that person got all their stuff back, cause their buddies were there, was still a glorious moment. Even if I died, really did not lose anything, was only a two hour game session, and most of it was finding each other, us friends, not even pure gearing up. Is nice to say the first bandit I met, I killed before they killed me. Makes me also respect the Enfield, I thought it was some dinky rifle, but it is not half bad lol. Ah, this is what makes DayZ glorious. Even dying, even though annoying, still had fun. Except when I killed a friend earlier with that rifle by accident..... Hey, I told you, some newb with a rifle he can barely use. Does it help he was being chased by a zombie, and as I swung to shoot the zombie, I accidentally hit his leg? Eh whatevs. :P

Edited by ImpZ
  • Like 3

Welcome to Day Z where bandits kill purely to see how you fall! That's half the fun and what makes it genuinely tense to play - everyone is out to get you!

I don't want to see ragdoll physics in this game - the killing would be so much more fun then :D

Bandits don't do it for the loot. You already need good quality gear to be an effective bandit. They likely have all they need already. They just enjoy seeing you fall. So essentially, they are the ones smiling.

Bandits don't do it for the loot. You already need good quality gear to be an effective bandit. They likely have all they need already. They just enjoy seeing you fall. So essentially, they are the ones smiling.

They are smiling when a newb with a newb weapon killed their already good "quality" geared up bud?

Suuuure if you say so lol. Same reason I can smile about it, I killed the guy that shot me before he killed me, and he was effectively waaaaay ahead of me in gear, guns, etc. And I still spanked him, as it were lol.

• Like 2

They are smiling when a newb with a newb weapon killed their already good "quality" geared up bud?

Suuuure if you say so lol. Same reason I can smile about it, I killed the guy that shot me before he killed me, and he was effectively waaaaay ahead of me in gear, guns, etc. And I still spanked him, as it were lol.

Good work, they must of been really bad bandits.

They were terrible. He had a group with him, but solo attacked us. If we had more guns he would have died faster, but only one rifle to fight back with. Not sure why, I am sure there had to be at least three or four guys there, but I really never saw more then one. I just know more were there with how many bullets hit me.