Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

I did a Lot of research into DayZ before I bought Arma2 so I could play it. I watched hours of YouTube videos on it. I tried finding out if it would be staying as a mod, or a free mod, or moving to being something independant that will cost me more money later. I'm not rich. I pay bills. I only buy 5 or 6 games a YEAR. I can't aford to just throw money away and I have to budget my entertainment spending so I can have things like cable internet and electricity to run it, you know, normal life stuff.

When I spent the money on Arma2 so I could play DayZ, even though I didn't and don't know how long it will last as it is, I still knew what kind of game it was. This is a shooter based game with minor character persistence. It has more in common with Counter-Strike and Unreal Tourney than it does with a full fledged MMO like WoW or something. Point is though, I watched everything I could find and learned all I could about the mod before I spent my money on Arma2, knowing damn well that Arma2 by its-self doesn't really interest me much. If I get tired of DayZ I may give it a play through eventually.

When it comes to the "cost" of DayZ however, none of us have the right to bitch or QQ AT ALL. Why? Because DayZ is FREE!!! Rocket was Awesome enough to take all his hard work and just put it out there for everyone to play with. I'm sure that eventually he'll start making some money on this or has a plan to later on down the road, and deservedly so. Even after spending what I have on Arma2 if DayZ moves to a new engine or platform or becomes it's own thing I'd gladly kick $10 or $20 Rocket's way for what's to come, and that's just my opinion of the game after playing a total of 3 times, all 3 ending with me dying either by starvation or zombies. I got a broken leg, knew I had no hope of fixing it, and bum rushed a few zombies while un-armed in a ghillie suit.

QQ some more. Your tears of rage/quit might fill my canteen if/when I find one.

Edited by RavenX

+1 to this topic, this mod game or garbge, what you like to call sucks, i get in a world, and i die cuz im put next zombie filled city

Just another kid that jumped on the bandwagon...simple as that. He got #butthurt when he realized that the game actually had a steep learning curve lol... ^_^

+1 to this topic, this mod game or garbge, what you like to call sucks, i get in a world, and i die cuz im put next zombie filled city

Don't worry you'll learn to survive quickly.

Still sucks when you've been alive for awhile and die to glitchy mechanics but that's what happens in an alpha stage project. It'll get fixed, eventually.

Oh god I fear the day when it's smooth enough that zombies can zerg indoors. I'll be a mountain man forever! :(

Just found this topic while trying to get some info on DayZ. And wow, so that's the reason people tell me to get a life when I say I'm an avid gamer. So much hate, personal insults because he didn't like the game? Disgusting. Some even called him an idiot. You think you are so smart because you are playing this? Just pathetic.

Edited by my2cents

Just found this topic while trying to get some info on DayZ. And wow, so that's the reason people tell me to get a life when I say I'm an avid gamer. So much hate, personal insults because he didn't like the game? Disgusting. Some even called him an idiot. You think you are so smart because you are playing this? Just pathetic.

Communities tend to be like this. Not that I approve of the behavior, but common sense says that insulting the game on a forum DEDICATED to that game won't end well at all. Not that I think constructive criticism should be responded to in the same way mind you.

Can't wait for War Z it's gonna be epic. Standalone games are better than shitty mods like this one!

Can't wait for War Z it's gonna be epic. Standalone games are better than shitty mods like this one!

Day Z has definitely drawn mainstream interest, so competitors will only be natural. This can be good and bad of course. The good is it'll push Day Z to stand apart from the clones by aggressively throwing out patches/content and possibly a standalone quickly. The bad is it'll force Day Z to aggressively throw out patches/content and possibly a standalone quickly cause lots of errors and rushed decisions.

I'm predicting that it'll be based on the ARMA2 engine, because how else is Rocket gonna get this shit out by the end of the year as he speculated? That or he's just talking out his ass.lol

Like others, I bought arma II + xpac specifically for the DayZ mod. I bought it on a whim after watching some vids on youtube. Realized I missed a steam sale after the fact (damnit!). I also remember a friend of mine raving about it a few months ago, but he wasn't convincing enough for me to buy it then (damnit again!). My most frustrating experience is dealing with the uncertainty of picking a server when you're brand new and don't know which is stable or full of hackers or what. Dying to weird teleporting+insta kill or spending the night starting at loading screens can get pretty demoralizing after awhile. Thankfully, my first life was interesting and enjoyable so I'm hooked!

I can empathize with the OP and the story sounds very frustrating but I would hardly agree that "this game is shit" or what he described was "the worst gameplay experience ever." It's good that players post their bad experiences for people to (potentially) read, but he could have left off everything after "Long story short." All the bile that's being spewed back at the OP across the pages of this thread is a bit unnecessary, imo. However, it could be argued that he instigated it.

I just think there should be more differences between regular and vet, or even a third difficulty for the noobs, one where broken bone status wears off and zombies give up after awhile, or get distracted by other meat sources like the animals.

Whenever I've suffered a broken bone when I've had no gear I just simply suicide & respawn & start again. I see no reason to pander noobs by letting a broken bone heal on its own in a matter of minutes when you're playing a game designed to be a semi-realistic zombie survival simulation. It took me a lot of lives before I learned how to escape zombies & if you've not got the patience to learn how to play an game as amazing as this without bothering to read the f*cking manual then good riddance - leave the limited spots in servers to those of us who are interested. You're only making things worse by whinging on internet forums about a bad experience that you had to people who have clearly learned how to play. That'd be like me crying on Blizzard forums that the inferno difficulty in Diablo III is too hard and that they need to fix their game because I spent all of my money and died too much and now can't do anything coz my gear sucks. You've had all manner of people in this thread say "this is how you should be playing, learn to play, RTFM, or go play another game" and all you're doing is continue to whine about game mechanics which clearly the rest of us don't have much of a problem with.

He's allowed to feel mislead. If those are his only gaming experiences, I can't really blame him for it either, because that really sucks.

On the other hand, this game is well known to have a steeper learning curve than, say, COD... :rolleyes:

Oh, bye the way, this game has been advertised - by the many players and reviewers claiming that this game is the next break trough in gaming, and not to mention by this very forum.

The poor sod probably bought Arma II and the exansion just to play DayZ, and for nothing else. Albeit he should probably have done better research, you can't really say that the game is free. You have to have the game before you can play the mod, so that argument is kind of moot.

---

My worst experience with DayZ: Not getting to play the mod for nearly all of the two weeks I had access to a PC because of patching problems... I did however get to play some Arma II, and I really, really liked it (actually I'd been wanting to play it for some time, but just didn't have a PC to do it on). I think it's much more envolving than, say, COD... but also BF3. The reason: I prefer simulation to brainless action.

its inaccurate still to say he paid money for dayz when what he bought was actually arma II and arma II OA theres much gaming value in those 2 games the money he paid got him those 2 games and that is what he actually paid money for the same as the people who like and bought the 2 games to play just arma, just because he wanted dayz and was bad at it and threw his toys out his pushchair, doesnt mean he didnt get his proper value for money. and maybe if he played arma II and got familiar with the controls inventory etc he'd be more inclined to try and play dayz better

I'm sory, next time we'll have a team of players with everything you need standing ready at your spawn to hold your hand!

• Like 1

hi,

There's a long learning curve in ArmA2. Be patient and it will pay.

cya.

Nikiller.

I'm not sure who I dislike more, the people who post complaints without looking up any guides or anything about how to play the game, or the elitist "hardcore" veterans with their gaming superiority complex

There is this thing called alpha.

ye i played sum alphaz' nothing dis bad

I like when they've built up with anticipation only to be broken down.

OP, on your second life, you decided to give the game 'another chance'. Sorry, but your ridiculous impatience has no place in DayZ anyways. I heard COD black ops 2 is coming out soon. Ciao

Y du u attack people wen dem openpenz differ from u?

DAY-Z is mostly hype or ppl dat lyke to RP and tink they living in da world

Have you read even one newbie guide for this game? Your bad and obviously quite mad about it.

Hahahaha, as I went through his post I laughed so much as it all happened to me as well, however it was the rage that kept me going, learning cruve and skill is hard, but that's why I love it!

All happened to me as well. Takes time to learn the basics. I'm used to all the backpack glitches, know all the building models and which drops what loot and can gear up to a fair standard in 20 minutes from wherever I spawn. Losing zombies is a piece of cake, personally I think they should be more of a threat, less telescopic vision would be nice but as we've had pointed out, this is in alpha. Not even approaching official release yet. I must have died 10 times before I knew what the hell was going on and even then you'll die to new glitchy things, like yesterday I thought it'd be hilarious to put a tent down in a city, crawl into it and wait for someone to try and loot me only to find trying to turn around once crawled in face first leads to broken legs ^^

TLDR man up, find some beans and give it time.

I Hate When People Complain About The Fact That The Game Is "Too Hard" But Didn't Realise Its Just Them Who Suck's So Much They Can't Play The Game Without Dying. And Then They Start Whining On Forums, Instead Of Trying To Get Better At It.

Instead Of Whining Try To Get Better At The Game And Watch Tutorials FFS!

Ps: Your Tears Are Delicious! mmm....

Edited by Duffman

I love threads like these, proper entertainment.

To those crying like little girls, please carry on..your tears sustain me.

Your consoles are missing you. Perhaps if dayz had some killstreak rewards that you can earn by sittling in a corner with a shotgun then it might be more up your street.

I have been gaming since the atari 2600 and have put in 350 hours into dayz so far. Why? Because it is a proper gaming experience, no spoon feeding, no compromises, The experience is what YOU make of it.

Keep crying girls..dont worry..black ops will be out soon and you can go back to being cool.

I kind of laughed at this first of if you can't loose one zombie thats just sad second you are must be playing oh high player server to not find anything and third you are most likly running everywere which tells the zombie's hi here i am please kill me the fact you have not been kill by a bandit is nothing short of a miracle either that or they were laughing to hard to kill you. Now please learn how to play the game or screw off or if you want to still play the game and not learn how to play then i'll just kill you and i'm not even a bandit I just figure killing you would be a kindness