Sign in to follow this  
jonzay

Option to mimic zombie animations to fool distant players

Important: This would not fool zombies at all, and would not change the appearance of the players skin. This is a very situational idea.

Furtheremore, this does not allow the player to run like an aggro'd zombie, only move like unaggro'd ones.

I think there should be a way for players to mimic zombie movements, such as a button to hold or toggle which changes your walk or crouch movements into the respective zombie animations. This would have no effect whatsoever on a zombies detection of you (compared to the way you'd be moving without mimicing zombie movement).

Instead, this would be used to fool other players who see you in the distance into thinking you're just another zombie, and therefore not pay particular attention to you, or avoid you.

As this does not change your skin, players with binoculars, scopes or decent eyesight will still be able to tell you are a regular survivor (especially since you have a backpack), but this is to fool players you do not wish to engage, who see you out of the corner of their eyes, or off in the far distance. This also does not remove player tags (in servers that have them), so the movements are even less effective at close range.

Plus, sometimes it might be amusing to act like a zombie.

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

Funny. Not sure how well it would really work.. at least until we get a wider range of skins. Would only work at extreme range.. which someone probably wont shoot from anyway.. without those guns with nice scopes anyway.

it should be able to use to fool zombies too. It will still be risky, getting too close might get you bite (1m in my opinion).

They're infected, they're crazy so they should also attack each other.

• Like 1

They're infected, they're crazy so they should also attack each other.

Damn your logic.

Damn your logic.

Why thank you... -_- (I fucking hate my ideas.)

*Shoots zombies*

*Realises I shot survivor*

lolwut

*Shoots zombies*

*Realises I shot survivor*

lolwut

This is entirely possible, and a risk a player takes by mimicing zombie movements.

I like this idea, and I also like Venzires: "They're infected, they're crazy so they should also attack each other.". This would be cool.

Ok, not a bad idea i guess theres some things that arent clear to me exactly that i think need a touch more detail

I do understand you mean this would mostly be used at a distance between yourself and survivor X, but to be honest, I think players would keep eyes pealed for actor infected. Also Like what the other chap said the skins would need to be alot more varied with same survivor/infected alikeness. Heres a couple more reasons of mine against this regarding what i just said that would need to change for this to be effective..

1) Survivor skins for infected in the first place ( if not, anyone close would just shoot asap)

2) Dead Survivors would need to reanimate in the first place and become AI (infected)

It just might seem kinda odd ya know ? Imagine how many retards doing it for no reason in your crew :P

i remember when they did that in the walking dead episode.. it was one of the worst bits of the show other than the gay soap opera second season :P

I dont mean to bag on your idea there but i just dont really think a feature like this fits the game,

but shit fuck ! im sure most of us may try it in RL when the REAL Z-apoc happens and you are in a tight spot :D

cya !