Sign in to follow this  
zepth

Do you like to play at night ?

Hello survivors, in a few first days i played DayZ with a friends we avoided servers with a nighttime, but recently we first time played it and i think its can be very fun time in the game. The night hide you and give a feeling of safety, and at the same time scare you that someone can hide near you too. There's 2x more emotions and adventures in a night. Flares and Chemlights is important gameplay element at night, and useless at daytime. Also poor fps don't bother you so much at a nighttime.

The problem:

- It's impossible to find a nighttime server with a decent number of players when in the real world you have a daytime.

- Many people avoid playing at night servers for some reasons.

The ideas:

- What if there was a special loot than can only be found at night? Not a something that you cannot live without, but something than can be a good reason to play at night time.

- How about time speed up, so we can see night more often,

lets say 4h day and 3h or 2h night ?

Nobody would want to see night more, the population of you vampires doesnt outweigh us normal people.

I like to play night when the moon is up, also I dont mind playing when its completely dark, but I wouldnt mind a real day and night cycle. which the sun goes up and down as it really should in that particular country.

As far as i'm aware the day night cycle is linked to the server time so it should be a real day/night cycle.

DE 188 has a steady population for 18 or so through to about 3am GMT most days at which point it trails off to 3 or 4 users

We love to play at night now as it really is so much easier to get around and get stuff done =p, not just because the population halves but it's easier to remain undetected and tactical planning starts giving exponential rewards :)

Yeah I play at night, because I get home from work at 5, I have a small slot of daytime, then I spend the rest of the time at night. To counter this I mess with my brightness and gamma to give me limited visability.

Personally, I love the night time, because sneaking around towns is easier , and theres more of an atmosphere when you see other players flares lighting up towns that you're going in to.

In all, I like it the way it is.

I love it.

I still think all servers should be synced to the same time of day. There is no running from the night.

That said, if they do it.. then they should really let people hold a flashlight and a handgun.

Pretty sure that is why people run away from night servers. That mechanic missing is pretty sucky when there are only a couple weapons with flashlights.. OR hell add duct tape to the game then we could use it to slap a light on some weapons.

just get NVgs and u are good in Night Time Servers :)

Yeah, i have NVG and L85A2 with thermo. Lets play together? B) Where i can find you...?

I love the night. Perfect time to loot. Zombies can see for shit, and people can't see for shit. Low pop so I don't have to worry about death as much. Why join a day server? Smack that gamma up. Slap on the NVGs. Loot the airfield. What could be better?

Edited by pwnage13371

Pitch black is a little bit too imbalanced for night time.

I have always felt that night time accentuates the talent needed in this game, which is recon and stealth.I honestly like fighting when there's less light around, it has a very desperate feel to it. Night ops are very entertaining, especially when you are short on NVGs.

A small change to flashlights or the natural light from the moon (full moon & no clouds is pretty much daylight) and I would get very excited for night time only servers.

sometimes i play at night time and yes it can be fun. but if you are near a big city and you can take advantage hiding in shadows. so it's great if you respawn. but it's not so fun if you have to run in the middle of nowhere, forced to go under a landmark that in daytime you can identify from miles away. it's also great to get inside hot spots undetected.

I am most definitely a carebear (with a gun, and I will still shoot you on sight) so I prefer night. I'm good enough at navigating anywhere even with only either a compass or a map, without light, and zombies are so much less of a pain that way.

I love to play at night, even before getting Nvg. I never play on servers with over 30 (or below 10) people anyway, and night time is perfect for that.

The people who play at night tend to be slightly less aggressive (except the hoppers) and when you see a movement in the distance, you generally don't shoot.

When there is actual fighting, muzzle flashes and the like make great impressions, and it's much more interesting.

Also, no one-shot snipers since they don''t have NVG. only the DMR works, and douchebag snipers prefer the bigger ones.

I clearly hate to play at night because of three factors:

1. U can't use flashlights, Flare or even a chemlight. It will lure every sniper to u in a radius of about 1000 miles! So i have to play at complete darkness.

2. The programmers of Arma lived too long in their dark basements. One little suggestion for the Arma Team: Go into the woods at night to take a look for yourself. It is NEVER as dark as the night in this game. I was in the army and we played the army game at night in the woods for weeks. I can tell you: a night is NEVER completly black. Even if its cloudy and rainy you can see at least 50-100 Meters. And atleast 1km if there is a moon. So: this Game is not realistic. Only if you are completly night-blind the night is as dark as in this game.

3. Night Vision is horribly overpowered. If you exploit the game and use item cycling to get ur NVG u rule every night-server. It just not fun to get killed without any chance.

So.. i leave the night servers and search for one with daylight. :P

I clearly hate to play at night because of three factors:

1. U can't use flashlights, Flare or even a chemlight. It will lure every sniper to u in a radius of about 1000 miles! So i have to play at complete darkness.

2. The programmers of Arma lived too long in their dark basements. One little suggestion for the Arma Team: Go into the woods at night to take a look for yourself. It is NEVER as dark as the night in this game. I was in the army and we played the army game at night in the woods for weeks. I can tell you: a night is NEVER completly black. Even if its cloudy and rainy you can see at least 50-100 Meters. And atleast 1km if there is a moon. So: this Game is not realistic. Only if you are completly night-blind the night is as dark as in this game.

3. Night Vision is horribly overpowered. If you exploit the game and use item cycling to get ur NVG u rule every night-server. It just not fun to get killed without any chance.

So.. i leave the night servers and search for one with daylight. :P

No moonlight, no moon, no light at night, the only unrealistic part is theres no moon on some days

ANZ 7 is almost full at night