Sign in to follow this  
EfficientZ

Trolling Me To Death

So me and my roommate have come to terms with the fact that DayZ is secretly programmed to troll you as hard as humanly possible. I have accepted this. That just "by chance" insanely unlikely horrible things happen to you at the worst times, every time they can. Murphys Law secretely programmed in, so you cant prove it, but its there. Im on to you.

Fine, whatever, it makes it more fun, in a horrible sick twisted masochistic way.

But this is straight up bullshit. I got myself lost out in the forest, yea, my bad. But I came (semi) prepared. Canteen, and all the supplies I need for hunting. So Im starving to death, and realize I need to find a animal. So Ive spent the two hours, running through fields and forest, still completely lost, looking for animals.

I found a sheep! I run up to it. Point my gun to its head, and BAM! My bullet hits the dirt, and the sheep just... Dissapeared before my bullet could hit it....

Okaaaaay....

I found a Pig! Well... Not going to give it a chance to dissapear on me! Shoot it instantly! Run up to it. Its body dissapears...

Fine.

Rabbit! Cow! Chicken! As soon as I approach every single animal. It straight up, DISSAPEARS. So Im down to 2k (from max) health now, because I didnt expect Id be running around for 3 hours chasing INVISABLE ANIMALS!

WHY?! What did I do NOW to deserve this?

Edited by EfficientZ

It sounds like a server problem.

I've had all of those happen, just not so close together.

Cows are your best bet. They spawn in the farm fields with the rolls of hay, fairly often.

None of my animals disappeared. Try shooting from farther away.

Well since I have about 5 minutes left of life on me, I dont have much hope. And I shot one from max view distance. The body stayed up until I got close to it. It did NOT disolve, it dissapeared.

It sounds like a server problem.

I've had all of those happen, just not so close together.

Cows are your best bet. They spawn in the farm fields with the rolls of hay, fairly often.

And Ive tried cows. You got my hopes up that it was a server problem. Logged out, logged into another server, wewt! Chicken right in front of me... Start running towards it, BAM dissapeared.

I used Murphys against itself. I figured this was the only fix. I turned on Bandicam to record proof. Instantly fixed it. Go me for quick thinking?

Strange, never had this happen to me but I have had the "Shoot the goat in the head... Watch bullet pass through and pump dirt" Try going for the body each time and Axes save ammo =D

Strange, never had this happen to me but I have had the "Shoot the goat in the head... Watch bullet pass through and pump dirt" Try going for the body each time and Axes save ammo =D

Oh yea, Ive had that happen a lot too. My bullet didnt pass through it... The goat dissapeared before I actually fired... I was just being dramatic. Lol.