Sign in to follow this  
magmatrix

Other players can be seen on the map !! woot!!!

Date/Time: 2012-07-27 04:50 GMT+2

What happened: Was in a barn in Novy, was shot at, checked the map and to my surprise i see two guys as yellow dots with arrows on the map, moving around. I ran and hide, and a few minutes later i realized that they could see me too (even though i didn't move or make any sound). Was shot, probably through the wall.

Where you were: Novy Sobor

What you were doing: Looting

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.3

*Server(s) you were on: some DE

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error: nothing special

I have seen yellow dots for zombies and once saw a vehicle in blue but never seen other players.

i'm playing on my clans server,a regular one.I can see my buds on the map as blue dots but only when they are close to me ,even if i dont have visual contact.I dont know if it's a bug or not,but sometimes i dont see them

if your character has caught sight of another person, zombie or vehicle even if you don't see it , it will appear on the map. its the LOS rule

It's due to the settings in the arma 2 profile file on the server that sets the different difficulty related settings.

The yellow dots you saw on your map would of been zombies and they would of been there because you were playing on a recruit server, which is why you probably don't always get this kind of thing all the time. As for you being shot, some players probably saw you on their map, and depending on what kind of cover your hiding behind a sniper rifle can generally penetrate it.

Edited by CombatWombat

yellow dotz are zombies.

players are seen in blue

Yep - this is correct. On some servers you can see yourself on a map as a blue dot. That means if your character sees someone else, they'll also be blue on the map.

Yellow is definitely zeds.

yellow dotz are zombies.

players are seen in blue

Blue dots - BLUFOR (All survivors)

Yellow dots - Unknown (Zombies and survivors without good visual)

Red dots - OPFOR (None in DayZ as far as I know)