Sign in to follow this  
IceCreamSandwich

The Adrenaline Status - Stop ALT+F4ing

I like the idea, but something like this probably wouldn't be implemented till/if the game goes standalone, then players will have paid for the game. So to ban someone from the whole game for disconnecting is a bit far, probably legally too far.

Perhaps when the game goes standalone, rocket could just implement a block on pressing windows keys?

interesting, but i think theres too much time ban, 5min to 30 min is fine by me, just like the infinite loading to piss off everyone is enough

there is already something like this, the Shock if you log out and you log in you get 5 minutes of the green clock.

so your idea is useless and already in the game.

mfg

deadcell

there is already something like this, the Shock if you log out and you log in you get 5 minutes of the green clock.

so your idea is useless and already in the game.

mfg

deadcell

It is a different thing completely. The shock knockout applies when you log back in. If your fight was in the middle of nowhere you can just login to another server and eat the full timer safely and get away with it. Otherwise you can wait some time then log back in when you thnk no one is there anymore and again, you get away with it.

The idea proposed here is that when you logout under shock, your character physically stays there for a set time, so your enemy can finish you off, thus preventing the logging off to escape fights.

The problem is that we don't know if this could be implemented in the ARMA engine.

Another mechanic could be to reduce the shock duration but if you logout under shock you simply die, your corpse falls there to be looted, and when you come back you start as new. That would be easier to implement I guess.

Edited by necroslord

I think a solution to alt+F4 is needed and this is good. However... I have had issues with the game at times which have required a force shutdown of the game. For example, I was on a server and a friend noticed the abort button had been disabled. Shortly after this the 2 cars near us disappeared and players started getting killed pretty fast so we all alt+f4d. If this happens in combat, which at some point it may, you are already 1/4 of the way to getting a perma ban.

Instead of a ban, you should be banned form joining another server. So if somebody combat logs they have to come back to that server for at least 10 minutes until either the next reset of the server or a set amount of time as passed.

To an extent. With the shock effect, you could fall off a building/ledge and be in shock. You could also be hit from zombies and be in shock. With Adrenaline, it would activate during combat. If you shoot at a player, and the bullets land a few feet near them in any direction your Adrenaline would kick in. Just as with you, bullets land near your or on you, your Adrenaline would activate. If you proceed to leave the game by ALT+F4ing or you happen to "crash" while Adrenaline is active you receive the warning, then so forth.

I think the Adrenaline idea is a great idea, but I'm wary of it activating when YOU shoot at a player. The way you worded it sounds too close to a hit indicator.. I'd be worried it could lead to some abuse, if someone has a suppressed weapon they can just plink around building parapets and hidey-holes until they get a positive indicator, without having to even see a player. Now, obviously with the ammo duplication taken care of, people would be less likely to waste ammo this way, but I still have an uneasy feeling about the way you worded it. Additionally, the biggest issue with the Alt-F4'ers are that they disconnect when they get shot AT. I don't think the bandits hiding in the treelines feel it necessary to disconnect when they start shooting at people and are still undiscovered ;)

Other than that though, i think it's an awesome way to address the situation while adding a very real aspect to the game. I know I'd sure as hell be crappin' mah drawers if I started getting shot at IRL. Beans to you, good sir.

I think 30 seconds would be better. because I've had firefights then went on for 2-3 minutes of no shooting. And zombie aggro activates it

great, so if im in an area were theres alot of shooting going on, i basicly CANT stop playing ??

do you not see the problem here ???

umm heres an idea how bout if i decide when i wanna stop playing kk !!!

were all playing a GAME here, i'll deicde when ive had enuf, i dont need big brother telling me when to stop playing.