davidecibel

Just to make things clear - weapons nerf is not a DayZ patch.

One problem with the nerfs is that their inconsistent... if the ak-74s are nerfed, the m4 and m16 variants should also be nerfed. The ammunition each use are very similar. You can make a case for keeping the AKM higher in damage, but not the m16s and m4s.

The other problem is that it makes 1911s and revolvers nearly useless unless you get a headshot every time, because of the clip size + inventory space constraints. The clips are just too small for these weapons to be balanced with the damage nerf -- now each 1911 clip or revolver ring clip is only reliable for killing a mere two zombies with body-shots. I'm sorry, but that's completely broken for a game with only 8 free active handgun ammo slots that also has to include bandages. Might as well toss the guns entirely from the game, the gross inventory space inefficiency makes both pistols worthless.

Oh, and all this is to say nothing of how borked it is in regard to PvP. PRETTY SURE a person isn't supposed to be able to walk away from having an entire clip of .45 ACP fired into their chest, but somehow that's the reality now in DayZ.

Edited by cogwheel

Bottom line: it shouldn't take only one body shot from a pistol to down a zombie. The change may be unintended, it may be bad for the game, it may be reverted soon, but it's not unrealistic.

You apparently don't realize how messy .45 ACP is when fired into an unarmored body.

A 9mm pistol round, I agree with you.

But .45 ACP?

I don't care if it's a walking corpse, anything that gets holes blown out of them that big isn't going to stay on its feet. Animated corpses or not, they still rely on muscle-locomotion and nerve-signals to move just like any living body, and .45's stopping power annihilates that.

Edited by cogwheel

I don't care if it's 9mm or .45 ACP. You can't instantly neutralize anyone with a body shot unless you hit their central nervous system or you convince them to be neutralized.

In real life, if you take a pistol round to the stomach it's not going to kill you immediately, regardless of the caliber. However you're probably going to stop doing whatever the hell you were trying to do because of the pain and fear.

In this game, you're shooting at zombies. Zombies don't give any fucks about pain. Zombies just want to eat you alive.

Realistically, you should HAVE to shoot for the head to kill a zombie… if zombies were real that is.

You can also shoot players in this game, you can even say it's a part of the game.

With the damage change weapons a no longer anywhere near authentic, running around like a olympic sprinter after taking six 45cal bullets to the liver is a joke.

Arma2 went from being a military sim to being... something else, you tell me.

EDIT: Guy below told me. I think I have to agree.

Edited by Max Planck

Yea, cause in movies people TOTALLY run around with a bunch of rounds in them. Most of the time, people die within seconds from shots to the stomach… faster if they're bad guys.

IRL, if you shoot someone with a pistol, and you don't hit the CNS or heart, they will still be physically capable of attacking you. Most people will choose not to continue attacking you if you've hit them directly, but that doesn't mean they can't.

Of course, if you hit an artery or knick their heart, they're going to die soon, but “soon” isn't the same as “now”.

I know that the infected are plague zombies (instead of undead zombies). They will eventually die if you hit them… but while they're still alive, they're going to continue attacking you. The point was that even though they're technically alive, they're not going to suffer the same psychological consequences as a normal person would. They don't care about pain, and they don't feel fear.

Bottom line: it shouldn't take only one body shot from a pistol to down a zombie. The change may be unintended, it may be bad for the game, it may be reverted soon, but it's not unrealistic.

Actually in dayz, a one shot works out cuz of the 2-3 second lag before the zombie dies lol.

So in otherwords they have taken a semi realistic game and turned it into a BF3/COD rival because loads of people complained that its too realistic?

Hell I'm also concerned about "Well, what the hell did this do the authenticity of the main product." Perhaps time to do some lurking on the Arma 2 forums and see what the milsim blokes think.

Hell I'm also concerned about "Well, what the hell did this do the authenticity of the main product." Perhaps time to do some lurking on the Arma 2 forums and see what the milsim blokes think.

I have looked, but can't find anything over there. Anyone else?

Everyone eh? I had no idea about this until just now...Way to spread an exploit guys *slow clap*

I guess by everyone, you mean all the people who look around for glitches and exploits to give them an upper hand in the game... :P

Just the fact that you didn't know does not make it an glitch m8 ;) Same as DMR and m24 rounds also converts

Everyone eh? I had no idea about this until just now...Way to spread an exploit guys *slow clap*

I guess by everyone, you mean all the people who look around for glitches and exploits to give them an upper hand in the game... :P

it's not really looking for an exploit though. you have a revolver with <6 bullets, then you find an m1911. you switch your revolver clip over to use with the m1911 and as if by magic it's a full clip again.

"ohhhh zomg i'm da l33t haxx0r, just found pwnz0r 'sploitz!"

While I could understand it if this was done by Rocket to make zombies harder to kill, it makes zero sense that the arma II dev's decided to do this. The amount of body shots it takes to kill a player now with certain weapons is completely unrealistic. I thought arma II was supposed to be a simulator?

You won't find them over there because they are over here. DayZ is a mod for ArmA 2. Just the like mod forums people post mostly there in a mods thread just like here. The game is not DayZ it's ArmA 2.

Edited by SIMJEDI

You won't find them over there because they are over here. DayZ is a MOD for ArmA 2. Just the like MOD forums people post mostly there in a mods thread just like here. The game is not DayZ it's ArmA 2.

Could you not be a dick? I'm aware of what I am playing but the change was introduced in the 1.62 Arma patch, not the DayZ mod files. Therefore, it would make sense that it was being discussed on the Arma forum. Do you understand it now?

I looked around on the BIS forums. pretty much all the new threads were about DayZ, and I didn't see anything about the weapons. the Arma 2 forums on steam as well

I thought this was a bug, not an intended change to weapon damage?

apparentely people who haven't updated to the newest beta patch for arma 2 still have the same old 1 shot pistols

Edit: nvm, im stupid

Edited by Elo

wow, thats pretty much FUCKED up. this game was great because it ewas easy to die FAST to players.

translation of changes:

[new] taking 3 AK bullets to you chest will not kill you.

[new] the MP5 and pistols now use toothpicks as ammunition.

• Like 1

Its like nobody read the OP, kind of par for the course in this forum. This is clearly a lopsided and unintentional change. Obviously guys, come on now. I suppose it does make things more interesting for the time being, but you can't seriously think this was on purpose, right? Some of the weapons that are affected by this are some of the most common, but if it was a legitimate weapons rebalance it would have been across all weapons and types rather than just certain random weapons. Like the winchester for example, if you were nerfing civilian weapons against zombies you would start there. Use your heads gentlemen.

• Like 1

Its like nobody read the OP, kind of par for the course in this forum. This is clearly a lopsided and unintentional change. Obviously guys, come on now. I suppose it does make things more interesting for the time being, but you can't seriously think this was on purpose, right? Some of the weapons that are affected by this are some of the most common, but if it was a legitimate weapons rebalance it would have been across all weapons and types rather than just certain random weapons. Like the winchester for example, if you were nerfing civilian weapons against zombies you would start there. Use your heads gentlemen.

If it was a unintentional change wouldn't they have reverted it by now or said something about it on the arma 2 website?

If it was a unintentional change wouldn't they have reverted it by now or said something about it on the arma 2 website?

For some reason, Bohemia still thinks that Arma is more important than Day Z, don't ask me why, but for some reason they do. They may not realize or care that their new patch unintentionally changed some of the custom damage settings for Day Z weapons. I do know that the Day Z dev team is working their asses off testing and fixing the new Day Z patch, hopefully they have the time to fix this problem while they are at it. Its important to remember that if it didn't come from an actual Day Z update, it may not be part of the Day Z plan.

• Like 1

Convert to 1911/.45 then convert back. Everyone does it so only fair to use while its in game.

stop talkin bullshit dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: you should get banned for bugusing!

stop talkin bullshit dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: you should get banned for bugusing!

Ohh cry me a river.. This is alpha test, maybe we need unlimited ammo to test how far that zombies killed counter goes..

• Like 1

The weapons didnt need a nerf. The zombies needed a buff. This isnt rockets fault though, but hopefully something can be done.

The problem isn't that it takes so and so shots to kill zombies. That's okay. I like that. Zombies are harder to kill now. Great.

The problem is that a human can take 6 or so shots to the chest with a .45. That's retarded. What's even more retarded is that AK shots do more damage even though they are of a lower caliber.

And it makes more sense in real life to aim for the center of mass. Why the hell would I be aiming at the much smaller and much harder to hit head when hitting the body should incapacitate the person most of the time?

Edited by ShinySnack