Sign in to follow this  
magmatrix

More realistic backpacks/inventory (volume and weight)

Inventory atm: 1x2 shells take 1 slot, 4x2 shells take 4 slots, combine them into 1x8 shells and it takes up a single slot... hmm? broken system?

I think this would be a better system:

- every item should have volume and weight

- the backpack should have a volume limit

- you should move slower with more weight

- you should also be able to carry another backpack in your hands (instead of a primary weapon), and if you select the secondary weapon then you'll drop that pack on the ground

• Like 1

There will be changes to inventory but remember that this is a mod based off of Arma. Lcan the way inventory is structured even be changed?

There is that ACE mod or what ever its called that implemented a system for volume and weight quite well actually.

• Like 1

Despite the fact it is very handy i think that fitting a rotor blade, 3 tyres or another large weapon in your backpack is a tad unrealistic.

The inventory system does need a rethink but i think it'll have to wait until standalone before anything is done.

Despite the fact it is very handy i think that fitting a rotor blade, 3 tyres or another large weapon in your backpack is a tad unrealistic.

The inventory system does need a rethink but i think it'll have to wait until standalone before anything is done.

Totally agree,

I think you should require 5 people to assist lugging a rotor blade assembly around Chernarus. Perfect subtle teamplay element.

Edited by Dez.
  • Like 1

Totally agree,

I think you should require 5 people to assist lugging a rotor blade assembly around Chernarus. Perfect subtle teamplay element.

Very well thought my sir, Im sure that idea will be considered!

Then it'll be STALKER game :)

Yes, it'll be more hardcore, but too hard to be made

They could at least change the size of some weapons.

5 or 6 slots for a pistol but just one slot for a hatchet?

10 Slots for an MP5 (around 70cm) and also 10 Slots for an M107 (around 150cm)?

For example: You have the alice pack with 20 slots - so you can put in a maximum of 4 pistols.

If you think about it, in RL you could put 4 pistols even in a coyote patrol pack (the starter backpack).

I don't think they can implement a weight system that fast, but maybe it's possible to

adjust the weapon slot requirement.

Edited by The Cursed Red Baron

No. Weight would be a hard thing to deal with.

I do not vote this.

Weight would drain the games fun because you stock up on stuff you need. Food, blood etc to then run slow and thirsty quicker? No thanks. I want to stock up and be full and run away nicely. More fun

Not what you've typed

Its hard and long enough to run everywhere. If they implented the weight thing fixing up a car or bike would be a pain in the ass.

Yep. That's some of the problems a weight and volume system would prevent.

Inventory atm: 1x2 shells take 1 slot, 4x2 shells take 4 slots, combine them into 1x8 shells and it takes up a single slot... hmm? broken system?

I think this would be a better system:

- every item should have volume and weight

- the backpack should have a volume limit

- you should move slower with more weight

- you should also be able to carry another backpack in your hands (instead of a primary weapon), and if you select the secondary weapon then you'll drop that pack on the ground

Good idea will probally be in the full game.

• Like 1

The shotgun ammo system is just retarded. It should be more like putting 20 shells per slot and then beeing able to reload all sorts of shotguns straight from that. I really like the double barrel shotgun but 2 shells one slot renders it nearly useless.

• Like 1

Yep, I'm all for this idea

A system similar to the Fallout games would be good, but with a sliding scale of run/walk speed depending on weight instead of getting suddenly encumbered and forced to walk