kibblez

Arma II - Not Responding

Right click both ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA in steam, Properties and validate game integrity.

After you did that on BOTH, right click on ArmA2 OA and launch COMBINED OPERATIONS, then exit the game.

Now, manually download the lastest dayz version and put it into your @dayz folder in ArmA2 OA.

Now try to launch the game trough Six Launcher, if that doesnt work, launch your arma2oa.exe in this folder: arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

If none of this works, then i have absolutely no idea what is wrong.

how do you put it in the @dayz folder, I know how to get it and download it, but I don't know exactly what you mean

Ok I just tried doing exactly what you said and it did not work still.

Fuck this Dayz support sucks Im just going to get a refund for this shitty game

ughh I just want to play the damn game why the fuck do they have to make it soo hard!?!?!?!?!?

I think I may have the same problem, although I was able to play for a few hours, but now it goes into 'not responding' as soon as I enter the lobby.

I saw some other post that had this exact same problem. We do have the same video card.

Sorry I can't help fixing it, still looking for a solution myself. It's even more of a problem that it is a very local problem. So it's not hard for everyone to get into the game. We're just quite unlucky.

First of all: stop crying, spamming "bad" words and bumping every 10mins.

You didn't pay for DayZ but for Arma , thats totally different and you shouldnt expect much of support from devs/dayz staff, almost all of them are doing their job for free.

So... lets talk about your issue now

Forget about Sixlauncher its a crappy software. Try using a manual method, Its described in one of the pinned threads in new players section. Follow the guidelines how to manualy install everything(Dayz,Beta). If even after that you cant pass loading screen on any server then youre out of luck like me. ( my thread)

Ok so;

You are certain you are running 'COMBINED OPERATIONS' through steam by right-clicking ArmA 2 : Operation Arrowhead and pressing Launch Combined Operations?

Ensure that inside the @Dayz/Addons folder you have all of the files required and that you have the newest beta patch installed, then add this to your Steam 'Launch Options' box "-mod=@dayz -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion".

You're also going to want to do a fresh install of all of your video drivers;

As you are running a GTX 670m you'll be running NVIDIA drivers, first of all go to http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-uk and select and download your card's newest drivers. After this follow these steps:

1) Go into your Control Panel

2) Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon

3) Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.

4) Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.

5) Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall

Restart your computer and install the newly downloaded drivers (note that uninstalling your video drivers will change your display settings and likely bump you down to a low resolution).

Also try a manual reinstall of battleye, delete the battleye folder in your ArmA 2 folders and install the newest client files from www.battleye.com

Note that DayZ is a FREE mod that the team give their time up to run, it is in no way directly endorsed by BIS, the product you bought was ArmA 2, not DayZ.

Edited by Aftershok

I think I found a solution. In the process of redownloading Arma II OA

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Go here. Download the v1.61.94945+ Client and Server patches

After that, Open Appdata/Local/ArmaII/BattleEye and delete the BEClient.dll that is already in the folder. Then copy the BEClient.dll you just downloaded into that folder.

Do the same with Local/ArmaIIOA/BattleEye

Then go to user/steamapps/common/armaII/BattleEye and delete BECilent.dll and BECserver.dll in that folder. Copy and Paste the two files you downloaded into that folder.

Same thing with ArmaIIOA

Hopefully this works for you. I'm pretty sure the problem lies within the fact you can't even access Arma II's multiplayer.

Make sure both of those work properly before you play DayZ

Edited by levelxplane

I had this same problem using my MSi GT70 laptop. The problem seemed to be with the wireless adapter. Turn off your wireless and connect with an ethernet cord and it should work fine.

KIBBLEZ, i think ive got it man! me and my buddy. both have msi gt70 and were getting frustrated. here's what we did:

Go to START. All Progams. Atheros Qualcomm (or whatever it is) and uninstall it. for real, its stupid as hell, but the atheros qualcomm (wired adapter) messes with DayZ and Games for Windows Live. Uninstall it, restart your laptop and everything should be peaches, my friend. If it ain't, then something else is up and you can download the drivers for your atheros qualcomm at msi.com

I don't think that's a good idea, that is actually the program that allows you to connect to the internet. Pretty sure this guy is trolling. It's network card driver if I understood correctly from google searching.