davidecibel

Considering Z speed/trajectories, weapon nerf is silly

Rocket didn't do this. Arma 2 devs did. Whether there is a way to fix the effects it had on dayz remains to be seen.

just lower the zed's health

but there's still issues with how it effects pvp. players health could be reduced too, but then you'd also have to balance the zed damage

I suspect other devs were tweaking ArmA2's weapons to make them more accurate to real life and there was a knock-on effect on the way Rocket calculates 'blood' damage in DayZ. We'll find out soon enough...

They are tweaking A2's weapons after how many yrs?Wait till the A2 milsim fans find out about this......it will bring alot of hate to Dayz.

I suspect other devs were tweaking ArmA2's weapons to make them more accurate to real life and there was a knock-on effect on the way Rocket calculates 'blood' damage in DayZ. We'll find out soon enough...

This seems quote plausible. I hope they will postpone 1.7.4 to address this issue... Apart from the Kevlar zombies, as someone pointed out, the uber heli crash/ airfield weapons apparently did NOT get nerfed, and that will cause serious balance issues I'm afraid. Also, some weapons are, in fact, useless both in PvE and in PvP now (double-barrel? makarov?) - an hatchet is WAY more reliable, has infinite ammo, more damage and integrated suppressor :P

They are tweaking A2's weapons after how many yrs?

that's what I was thinking. and not just a "tweak", some guns have have 1/3 of their former damage

can anyone confirm that weapons not in DayZ have been changed?

No. There was a link here that clearly shows 1.62 included an 'unexpected' nerf for most if not all weapons (except the hatchet lol)

Edited by MadMax

Aim for the head, noobs. Still a 1-shot kill.

silly me for thinking center-of-mass was the place to shoot in a 'simulator'

can I also get a cool voice that says "headshot!" every time it happens?

• Like 1

M1911: 1389 damage

The fuck, seriously? 4 bullets to kill a zombie and 10 to kill a player? <_< So now the a damn axe is better than a .45 pistol :rolleyes:

Edited by ArrThePirate

silly me for thinking center-of-mass was the place to shoot in a 'simulator'

can I also get a cool voice that says "headshot!" every time it happens?

yeah but they are zombies.......

Rocket didn't do this. Arma 2 devs did. Whether there is a way to fix the effects it had on dayz remains to be seen.

This is supposed to be a mil simulator not some cod bullshit, one AK bullet to the body should at least disable the person. And dayz fix is simple - just

reduce player and zed blood proportionally to nerfs.

• Like 1

I see this as a good and bad thing.

On the good side many players will not only want to team up with others, but now will HAVE to team up with others.This adds to the realism of a zombie apocalypse because honestly, who would really want to venture forth into that kind of a world by themselves? Overall this game is more fun with a team mate or two in my opinion. Granted I know not everyone sees it that way. Scavenging intelligently will also be a better payoff. More shots to kill a zed = more importance to finding and using ammo.

The bad things though far outweigh the good. For instance, the 1911 is now useless. This is a gun that nearly every player in the game wants or needs. It is by far the best pistol in the game, and perhaps in the world. The AK family getting nerfed is borderline retarded as well. Those are amazingly well put together weapons, with power to spare, though not much accuracy. They are also more common it seems in the game than any m16 m3 or m4 variant. So now instead of a single shot, or two shots if you happen to graze them, you're forced to unload nearly an entire mag into one zed in a game where you're vastly outnumbered. Lone wolf players will now be quite screwed over unless they find someone they can trust to play with.

So yea, there are a couple good points to this nerf, but it is completely outweighed by the bad.

Hopefully Rocket will find a way to remedy what the ARMA 2 dev team has broken.

The m1911 in particular was designed to have the stopping power to put a person down in a single shot. It was designed around the .45 caliber model due to it's velocity and dilverence because of this.

Every gun-nut or survivalist knows this.

• Like 2

No. There was a link here that clearly shows 1.62 included an 'unexpected' nerf for most if not all weapons (except the hatchet lol)

Re-read my post.

Hatchet time I guess?

pardon my ignorance:

Day Z has sold more copies of Arma 2 than the game itself, shouldnt the gun changes be made with Day Z in mind?

If Arma 2 devs wont consider the mod that has made them a ton of money, time for stand alone game.

^^^ seems it was made for Dayz as weapons that you find early on suck and force you to travel north for better weapons,even if its unrealistic.;)

^^^ seems it was made for Dayz as weapons that you find early on suck and force you to travel north for better weapons,even if its unrealistic. ;)

My thoughts exactly, it seems like they had something good in mind but utterly failed in the execution.

As I said earlier I killed a guy in a melee last night with a hatchet even though he had a MP5. I'm sure he was like 'wtf??' after he died.

As I said earlier I killed a guy in a melee last night with a hatchet even though he had a MP5. I'm sure he was like 'wtf??' after he died.

Can't blame him if his pistol turned into a super soaker

B3C0E1305056900B103A6EBA033A11DE.jpg

Edited by ArrThePirate