Sign in to follow this  
Hoodie_B

First Time at The NW Airfield

Today, for the first time, i decided to head up to the NW Airfield. I have never been up there because i have always died before i could get there. The server had around 25 other players than us and we managed to loot the whole place with just a two man team! I was shocked that there was not one person there. The only bad thing that really happened was my friend glitched out on a rock and almost got killed by some zombies. Other than that, everything went really smooth! So tell me, how did your first time at the airfield go?

My first time at the NW airfield. I got killed by the infected as they glitched though the barracks wall. I kept taking hits from a pack in the back of the building, as I was mowing down infected coming in from the front, with my AK47.

I've been there 10 times, at least, and only seen people there 2 times. I died to sniper fire once, and the 2nd time someone spawned right behind me in the fire station tower and I shot him before he got the drop on me.

Other than that, my visits have been pretty uneventful.

Edited by kentk94

I went into a barracks found a gps and m9sd then went to the barracks on the far end of the runway found a dead body in the doorway with coyote backpack, m4a1 cco sd with ammo, range finder, cooked meat and a bunch of water bottles. Should have thought something of it but was excited about finding the gear. Then started looting the rooms got to the last one and a dude was laying in the corner he shot and killed me :(

Found a dead body with an FN-FAL (NV SCOPE) and 6 mags(hated that scope). Been shot at a lot there but always manage to escape save one time I got spawned on.

I was with my wife we just made it from the coast with some basic supplies ie better back pack map compass Lee Enfield and AK.

We was at the south barracks in the woods to the west but within the walls making a plan of how best to move in when my wife accidentally discharged her weapon man I went mad, I was like for f@

I'll be honest about it despite the bits of shame that I feel for it. I had never been to the NW airfield before, and I was alone. I had the goal to go there in mind before I loaded anything up, and so I selected the lowest population server that I could find and set off from Elektro. I had a map and compass and matches, hatchet, knife combo for outdoor living. The part I feel ashamed about is picking the lowest pop server, I feel like it's a cowards way.

The thing I remember most is how difficult the actual journey to the airstrip was for me. Going completely on foot from the opposite end of the map, I set off. I wanted to avoid towns completely, I was determined to be a complete ghost to any other would-be murderers in any general area. I found an animal of unremembered variety, took it's meat and I began to feel like I was doing well.

Soon, however, my pepsi and coke supply were down to one of one and none of the other. And I was thirsty. It must have been all of that damned MEAT! I searched for water supplies on one of the various online maps, there was one fairly close. I reached it easily enough, drank and refilled my water bottle, and continued. Soon, I was in the same thirsty state and once again low on liquids.

There were times between water sources when I was sure I'd die of thirst, and then eventually I began to have trouble finding wild animals, besides rabbits (mother nature giving me the finger) too. It was rough times. Morale was low, I wasn't sure I'd make it.

But I did. I canvased the area for longer than I probably should have, as I was due to start dying from famine at any time. The place seemed empty. I knew nothing of the geography or layout of the area, so I took my time. I found the water pump almost first thing, and I was delighted. I encountered some zombie problems at this point. These began in a fashion that was easy enough to deal with. I killed everything chasing me, bled a little, and got some better loot inside the barracks.

I proceeded to the hangars and the control tower. I had problems in the Hangar trying to lose zombies there, it isn't really considered indoors, and I bled some more. Then I went to the control tower. There is where things got really bad for me.

The zombies were EVERYWHERE. They were coming through the door, and some of them, clearly Government Wizards before their infection, were coming through the walls. Some previous survivor, laughing his ass off, had strung barbed wire across the stairs. Despite lots of lost blood, I had miraculously not broken any bones. But now my bandages were running out.

I used my toolbox to get up the stairs, and met 2 more zombies in the control room area. I had not expected this, and one rushed forward. I managed to shoot this infected in the face, but he had his triumph too, breaking my leg before he keeled over and died. I fell unconscious. I woke up nearly dead, bleeding, and being eaten. Yet I was alive. I killed the last of the infected, and crawled to the coveted loot pile in the center of the room. An AK74-U. A nice find for me.

What I really needed, though, was medical attention. Still I had brought one morphine, and I used it, along with my last bandage. I don't remember how little blood I had, but I was low enough to be collapsing regularly. I decided to gtfo. I made my way to the woods.

About half way to them, I passed out, and a nearby zombie came by and ate me.

All in all, it was an excellent time in Day Z.

Me and my 2 buddies went there first time armed with CZ, AKM's and winchester (we had revolvers as starting weapon that time).

We saw 3-6 man group there and i shot 2 guys from it and my friends assaulted their position and eventually killed them. When we had looted the whole airfield and barracks other group of survivors came there they ambushed us and we died :(. Was awesome trip.