Sign in to follow this  
thelonewarrior

Shot in the foot?.....1 hit kill weapons?

So firstly im shot (apparently)

No gunshot.......no impact......I just keel over dead.

Then my friend dives for the floor, and and impact blood marks hits him in the foot. Instant death and we were both on 12000 blood.

Really?

Are there weapons in this game that just kill you no matter where they strike, ive used grenades and even they dont one hit kill people when they are a direct hit

Not a rant, I just fail to see how a shot to the foot killed my friend in one shot at full health

Is it silenced? There were no gunshots though, so could have been at a distance I guess

Whoever he was was a hell of a shot then

Edited by thelonewarrior

in game, the AS 50 is just a whisper if the sniper is far enough away.

Lee Enfield does 12.5k Damage if fired at ~100m

all .50 cal rifles deal 37k+ dmg at up to 1200m

so yeah oneshot is absolutely possible.

I have killed many people with a Lee Enfield in the stomach, legs, knees,etc..

Too bad for him then we had nothing of value

Too bad for you he probably wasn't after your gear.

I'm fine with snipers getting one shot kills but I think the Lee Enfield is kind of lame. If it were up to me I'd have the Lee Enfield nerfed, removed, or more rare. It's kind of silly that a new "born" survivor can find a Lee Enfield and quickly one-shot someone who has been alive for days with military equipment. I don't like PvP in the cities anymore since if you don't snipe or have a Lee Enfield you are at a disadvantage (for the most part).

IRL a .50 BMG round would rip the lower part of your leg off if it hit your foot and you would almost certainly die, especially with no one there to help you. This game just speeds up the death so you don't have to lay around waiting (which is no fun).

experience:

50 Cal gunner USMC (99-04)

Weapons Tester ballistics lab

I'm fine with snipers getting one shot kills but I think the Lee Enfield is kind of lame. If it were up to me I'd have the Lee Enfield nerfed, removed, or more rare. It's kind of silly that a new "born" survivor can find a Lee Enfield and quickly one-shot someone who has been alive for days with military equipment. I don't like PvP in the cities anymore since if you don't snipe or have a Lee Enfield you are at a disadvantage (for the most part).

The lee enfield is a bolt action rifle. All you have to do is make him miss his shot and then open up on him with your military gear. I could pick up and throw rocks faster then the Lee shoots.

The lee enfield is a bolt action rifle. All you have to do is make him miss his shot and then open up on him with your military gear. I could pick up and throw rocks faster then the Lee shoots.

If you shoot at someone from behind you will more than likely have at least one more chance to shoot. I'd be fine with it if it was more rare OR if it's only one-shot above the waist. I just think that from a balance perspective the gun is way too powerful for how easy it is to obtain. Catch one unlucky survivor from behind and you automatically get his beans.