Sign in to follow this  
Lawson

Noob question for Wire Fencing Kit and Tents?

I'm still fairly new to this game. So, let's say I put out a tent or a wire fence somewhere in one server. I then log out and move over to another server. Do the items stay on the server I deployed them out on? Or do they follow me to whichever servers I go to? And I imagine they disappear when I am offline?

Thanks in advance.

Items placed on the map are server specific. If you want to move that tent, you'll have to pack it up. The only constant is the player characters and their inventories (mostly).

EDIT: Barbed wire, too, and that can only be destroyed upon removal.

Edited by Thortimer
  • Like 1

Tents, wire fencing, tank traps, bear traps, etc will only be on the server you placed them on. Your inventory and last location is global.

• Like 1

And they stay deployed even if I log out? So basically, if I store items in a tent, anyone can just come along and take things out of it?

Since the first few parts of your question have been answered i'll go over them again for the hell of it.

1. If you place an item(Tent/Fence/Trap) on a server, it will stay on that server. It will not carry over/duplicate it's self onto another server.

2. It will remain there permanently until someone takes it down or there is a server wipe.

3. It will still be there even when you're offline. It is now part of that server.

• Like 1

And they stay deployed even if I log out? So basically, if I store items in a tent, anyone can just come along and take things out of it?

The tents are open, yes. So anyone who happens to stumble upon it has full access to everything inside said tent.

• Like 1

Yeah people can loot your shit so make sure you place your tent in a smart location.

• Like 1

Woops, wrong forum.

Edited by Synix

While we are on the topic. Say I stumble across a tent take all the loot. Can I then take the tent if it was not mine?

While we are on the topic. Say I stumble across a tent take all the loot. Can I then take the tent if it was not mine?

I don't think so.

Only the person who places the tent can pack it back up. That being said, I think you can destroy them in other manners if your goal is to cause others grief (not nice, btw).

Only the person who places the tent can pack it back up. That being said, I think you can destroy them in other manners if your goal is to cause others grief (not nice, btw).

I was just wondering about this last night. Since I found a tent (with nothing in it...) and since it wasn't mine I couldn't take the tent, then theoretically couldn't the server be overrun with tents if the deployers never came back to remove them?

I was just wondering about this last night. Since I found a tent (with nothing in it...) and since it wasn't mine I couldn't take the tent, then theoretically couldn't the server be overrun with tents if the deployers never came back to remove them?

The tent will disappear a few days after the character dies, once you have died you cannot pack-up the tent because the character ID has changed.