Sign in to follow this  
Sula

How many accessible servers are there really?

I ask because I lot of people seem to have problems getting into servers and even though I had understood we couldn't set up private servers there seem to be a lot that are passworded. Of course there's the ping from servers across the world and that makes it a few more that we can't get into.

Do you find there are lots of servers where you can get in without being told some file or other is missing from your software?

How does a list of servers answer my question? I didn't ask how many servers existed.

Edited by Sula

Yes, well done, that is the question.

In my experience, if I click on a link called server list, it's likely to take me to a list of servers and of course, that's not what I'm asking about.

Thanks. Have some beans. :)

OP you are not making much sense.

If you are asking for servers which are not password protected, you can filter it out and then check the number of servers shown.

I usually try 2 or 3 servers that come back as "Failed, bad server" before I ever find one that works. Then that server is a laggy mess so I back out and start the process all over again.

I find that I can almost never connect to a server with 15 or less people.

On DayZ Commandor I get 2415 but then filtering: unresponsive, full, empty, locked and daytime with a 100 ping i get about 200 servers.

Now to say I can join all them, you might be like nope some u cant, but that is conditionally, sometimes i join a server can never get on it, next day i get on with breeze. Some servers I join i get on but its laggy or the zombies are bugged, others are perfectly fine. I can also join US ones pretty well but prefer not to when solo.

Can get 800+ with "anytime" "200ping"

The exact number of "accessible" servers is not something you can exact, as it depends on you, your location, your internet, server status, bunch of other stuffs, etc.