Sign in to follow this  
haag963

contents of my tent has disappered

my friend and i set up a camp in the woods a couple of hours ago, after we had set up, camp, we went to raid stary sobor, but we got into a firefight with hostiles, and we both ended up dead. when we spawned i had trouble in cherno while my friend rushed to the camp, but when he got there every single item that had been stored in the tent was gone, that includes: g17 w. ammo, m9sd-ammo, stanag-ammo, akm + ammo, lots of beans and medical supplies, and a backpack.

my friend could not even pack up the tent, do you guys think that other players took all the loot, or could it as i suspect have been af bug, i mean who can take the g17 and the akm and not leave behind ie. their own lee-enfield or makarov?

haag

I've had this happen to me several times, but usually only after a server crashes or restarts. It only seems to effect tents though because all the loot sored in my groups vehicles was fine. Personally I will not trust tents again untill the next update at least.

I have only encountered disappearing loot if I forgot to spam the save function of the tent. I logged in today after a week of absence and found that my tents had most of their items in place, but I was missing 1 of my M107's, at first I thought it was taken by another player but who takes a gun and not the ammo+ does not leave their primary weapon.

happened to me too... but it was placed in the most obvious spot ever... and there was nothing good inside so i didnt really care.

That being said, a lot of people avoid looting cities now and just look for camp sites. So its not necessary for players to leave anything when looting a tent... just sayin'

I've been seeing this as well for the last few weeks. I make tent, I put stuff in tent, save tent, save tent, save tent, save tent (some sort of compulsion); come back later, tent is empty.

Gave up on it for a while, but I put some stuff in tents again yesterday. We'll see what happens.

BTW, my tents have been well hidden and absolutely everything, down to the last makarov mag, bandage, and cans of beans disappear. The server must not have been saving it properly.

Edited by Taffer

Place tent. Put random garbage in tent. Wait for server reset. If the garbage is still there, use tent.

Tents are very very buggy.

Best way to put a tent down is to place it, wait a day (For plenty of server restarts to make sure it doesn't vanish) then place a bad or easily replaced item inside (Painkillers or Bandages, Tin Cans work) and save it a few times, wait for the next restart and see if the item is still there, if it is, you have a working tent and it will be safe to use.

Also on the topic of taken things, whenever i find a loaded tent, i take what i want but i make my stuff disappear, putting it into a full backpack etc, I make you think nothing has been taken and no one has been there, so you keep filling it for a supply point for me.

• Like 1