Cooky1809

NIGHT TIME IS RUBBISH

Ive tried to not write a thread about this mod because its so amazing. Ive spent 60 hours on this game in 1 week. But please get rid of night time or atleast sort it out! cant see anythin (which is not realistic) and also the rain is abysmal in the game. I do not know whether it is Arma 2 with the bad night time and rain but it is poor. This mod is awsome still! but im from UK an im going to play in american servers to get day light :D

ummm no lets not. The night is one of the best parts.

Night is by far the safest and most productive time for me. Not only do players have a MUCH harder time trying to gank me... Zombies can't see S***! Strategically using flares makes this possible, and since they are so common it is easy! (Do not throw flares next to you, do not carry them.)

Night is what separates us. I support Rocket in calling people Carebears. Jesus, adapt. Play the game.

There are different visibility settings for night time I believe, the brightest one is the setting where the moon is clearly out, and you can see somewhat well.

Yeah a night without a moon is REALLY dark. I was just in the same server as you and well basically, got shot to hell or aten by zombies. Either people were hacking their asses off in UK8 or people got lucky with NVG's.

My only problem with night is the fact that it makes players with nightvision goggles demi-gods that cannot be seen, but they can see you. It is like bunch of kids throwing rocks at the blind man.

Night isn't a big deal itself, but playing against people with nightvision goggles is just impossible, if you don't have them too.

After actually playing more then a few minutes of night time i have had great gaming moments in the night and i cant say it enough. Night time rocks... Now if i can only find some NVGs :D

Could it be improved? Yes.

Does it need to be thrown out with the bathwater? No.

For now, turn up your gamma/brightness and deal or just go play on an inverted server.

Chem lights are probably your safest option at night, better than pitch black and from afar all people can see is a small dot.

I love night time. Makes the whole game a lot more intense in my opinion.

There are different visibility settings for night time I believe' date=' the brightest one is the setting where the moon is clearly out, and you can see somewhat well.

[/quote']

It isn't a setting, it's the passage of time.

Not only is the moon bugged, the sun is as well. The sun is gradually sliding acorss the sky, It's only working as intended around noon, but the rest of the day it's all over the place.

My thoughts on night time

Don't change the day/night cycle.

Don't change how dark it is at night.

Do give every player a torch as part of their standard kit.

Consider additional game play mechanics that slightly alter how we approach the game at night.

Zombies make more noise at night

Zombies eyes glow slightly at night

Both of these night time specific features would help players determine zombie numbers and position with the possibility of also adding more tension.

Players start with 10 road flares and chemlights and flares are littered all over Chernarus.

Zombies are already easy to detect at night, unless you're making enough noise for them to hear you and for you to drown out their moans. It's also harder for them to detect you in the darkness.