Sign in to follow this  
Bramacgar

Water Bottles, How Many Is Too Many?

if you're going tent hunting in the north you should always carry atleast 5 water bottles. otherwise 1-2 are fine....

Should be able to have 10 drinks from a water bottle. You look at those things IRL and they are like 1.5 litres. Who the fuck drinks one and a half litres in 1? Lolol

Only ever carry one water bottle, and everytime I run by a water source, I'll drink from it and fill it again even if I'm still green and I've never had a dehydration problem.

thats because youve never done the deadzone run, across the edge of the map searching for camps/vehicles

the closest water sources are pretty much 3-4k from the edge, thats why i always carry 3, 2 to travel and 1 to get me to the next water hole

Edited by stuffnthings

Why are people saying drink soda's and use the water bottle last? Makes more sense to use the thing that can be refilled first, and save the others for last.

Edited by toleranceispain

I like two if I have a good team, and then 1 extra if I feel I will need to support some noobs on the team.

I've only done solo so far, but I run with:

4x water bottles

3x painkillers

3x morphine

4x bandage

After that I fill the rest of my slots (after ammo and 2nd weapon in backpack) with as much meat as I can carry for those instant 1k->12k blood moments when shit hits the fan. Toss meat out when I need room for loot.

Yeah.. I'm a bit paranoid I guess

Hrmm.. What about a little protein drink? A sweaty ...ock.. ;)

*gasps in outrage and faints*

i carry 6 bottles, never have to go into town for food, and never have to risk getting shot at out in the open.

2x Water Bottles

2x Soda for emergencies

2x Beans (going to start hunting now though after I found myself some matches)

2x Morphine

2-3x Painkillers

4x Bandages

1x Epi (running around in a group most of the time - never had to use one before, but better safe than sorry)

2x Bloodpacks

When I'm below 1/2 my ressources I plan a shopping tour. So far that works for me.

Edited by Teiwaz

I normally have one water bottle and an emergency can/water bottle in my bag. I normally navigate around and find water pumps/ponds/wells etc to refill my water bottle without touching the one in my bag therefore I'd have a constant supply of water. I'd rather ensure my needs are met safely than storm into a town for canned drinks and get shot. If I can't get to a water source by the time my character is thirsty, I can consume the emergency one and buy more time. Also, if you happen to be in towns and are generally looting then it's a good idea to just grab a can off the floor and satisfy your thirst meter for the time being without tapping into your own supplies.

If you make it so drinking and filling at water sources is a habit, it's a pretty useful/safe habit to have.

Edited by Abruzzi

Oh wow... now I know to use my water bottles for emergencies. :o

My group and myself use an average of 3. There are plenty of ponds around to refill, so no need to take any risks for a soda.

I've got five right now, but I generally pick up any I find so I can give them to friends. I'd drop a few if I found anything more valuable than a water bottle or anything else in my inventory, but so far I haven't needed to do so. I'd say just grab the ones you find and drop them later if you need to. Water bottles aren't rare, but they're sure as hell valuable. Too many is better than not enough. And again, it's not like you don't have the option to drop them if you find something better.

Speaking of sodas, i still haven't seen a Mountain Dew!

I got one, sadly i died and lost it last night after a showdown with a group of russians when we happened to stumble upon their encampment in the middle of the Krasnostav Airfield

I normally carry 2 water bottles, if you have any soda drink them first.

Three right now. That is more or less okay-ish if you're roughly in an area with a permanent water source. I may get one more, but not more unless I find a patrol pack, or whatever the biggest one is called. Rest of space is used for medicine, ammo, meat, etc.