Sign in to follow this  
ericdude88

Does the see through bushes exploit still work...

Just got sniped on LU115 after taking down 2 people at mid/close range with my DMR. Lost a coyote BP, DMR, and M4A3. However, right after taking 2 guys down I went straight into a bush, so deep into it that I could'nt even see myself in third person. 15 minutes later I was sniped with 1 shot. Now I know thermal vision could've been the reason I died, but if the clan that I was fighting had thermal vision, couldn't they have just immediately scanned the area and caught me rather than take over 15 minutes to snipe me? Also, I never head the gun shot, just the bullet, so the sniper must've been faraway. And I simply just don't see how he could've spotted me.. The server was veteran with no nametags. Just wanted to make sure that the kill was fair, as I've heard on the forums that there are exploits that you can use to make bushes disappear, like turning down graphics to low...sometimes people won't even see bushes at long range.

If my intuitions are correct, then i'll never hide inside bushes ever again...

Just got sniped on LU115 after taking down 2 people at mid/close range with my DMR. Lost a coyote BP, DMR, and M4A3. However, right after taking 2 guys down I went straight into a bush, so deep into it that I could'nt even see myself in third person. 15 minutes later I was sniped with 1 shot. Now I know thermal vision could've been the reason I died, but if the clan that I was fighting had thermal vision, couldn't they have just immediately scanned the area and caught me rather than take over 15 minutes to snipe me? Also, I never head the gun shot, just the bullet, so the sniper must've been faraway. And I simply just don't see how he could've spotted me.. The server was veteran with no nametags. Just wanted to make sure that the kill was fair, as I've heard on the forums that there are exploits that you can use to make bushes disappear, like turning down graphics to low...sometimes people won't even see bushes at long range.

If my intuitions are correct, then i'll never hide inside bushes ever again...

As I read it, you pushed deep into the bush but not moving much, when something startled you making you end quickly. Is that right?

Even with the graphics turned up all the way, sometimes bushes don't render properly when you're 500 m or more away. It is possible he saw your arm sticking out, simply because part of the bush didn't render.

Wow, so much for realism..........................................................."bushes not rendering"...

Wow, so much for realism..........................................................."bushes not rendering"...

Alpha.

Alpha.

For your information, my friend, ARMA2 is not in alpha.

Anyway, it could've been the rendering issue, or jut someone who has their AToC disabled. That makes you able to see through almost every vegetation which, in this game, is a wallhack equivalent exploit. The one to blame is the developers of ARMA2, since this works in the original game too.

If you didnt hear the shot someone saw you in the bush at that range bushes trees and grass dont render all the way so its usually easy to see people just crouching there. It sucks but not much you can do about it except not hide in bushes where people can see you from long distances.