Perlantos

Suggestion for the woods farther north

Hello all, I have been playing this mod for about a month and a half and loving it. But once you get what you need from the cities a lot of people tend to head north into the woods. The woods kind of are boring and do not bring a lot to the table other then the occasional rabbit, but that is about it. I had the idea of, what if they added something like wolf packs into the game for the woods. They could work just like to zombies but you will always have atleast 1 mark of sight/hearing, (wolves are OP like that) and come if packs of 4-5. They could but gut for food and such as well. But I dunno seems like a cool idea to me! :D Thanks again for the amazing mod DayZ dev team! :D

• Like 4

I think wolves are going to be added in later aren't they? Also having 4-5 at a time seems a bit much.

The woods to the north are extremely high loot already... its where you find everyones "hidden" camps and vechiles ;) plenty of reason to be out there already :)

As a woodland warrior of the north myself, I couldn't agree more. On my last character (before I was killed off by a hacker), I spent most of my 26-day life going back and forth between my camp far in the NorthWest of the map, and Vybor and Pustoshka to raid for supplies. The woods of the North quickly became my home. I don't know about wolves or anything, but what WOULD be cool is a map extension to the North, with maybe log-cabin settlements in place of big cities, and maybe something like a permanent military cargo plane crash as another high-value military loot spawn. Maybe a mining settlement thrown in there, too.

• Like 1

As long as this topic keeps coming up I will keep saying that I want more wildlife in general. I think the wilderness is just too boring. Some different trees and wildlife would make traveling much less tedious. I don't know how many animals are in Arma but I would love to see:

-Wolves(hostile)

-Deer

-Wild boar

-Squirrels?

-Bears

• Like 3

As long as this topic keeps coming up I will keep saying that I want more wildlife in general. I think the wilderness is just too boring. Some different trees and wildlife would make traveling much less tedious. I don't know how many animals are in Arma but I would love to see:

-Wolves(hostile)

-Deer

-Wild boar

-Squirrels?

-Bears

We already have Wild Boar.

quite ironic given your signature :)

Edited by Sandman Slim

We already have Wild Boar.

quite ironic given your signature :)

Really? I've never seen one. Just cows, rabbits and the occasional goat.

i don't care so much about wildlife. I want HOSTILE wildlife in the woods. On most under populated servers, you can run through the woods with pretty much no risk at all. Also, maybe some random camp spawns for loot?

Really? I've never seen one. Just cows, rabbits and the occasional goat.

Yeah they're quite common in the woods, 4 juicy steaks on them when you gut 'em,

they are dark brown and don't flee when you approach so maybe that's why you missed seeing them...

of course you could just be a "city slicker who ain't hardly never lived off the land or rassled a bear"! :P