m1st3r_pr0per

Can not place a tent

Date/Time: Any time. 22/05/12 - Version 1.5.8

What happened: Tents did not place, even when all requirements are met. It just says that tent should be placed on flat ground and away from other objects.

Where you were: Lopatino, Airfield and nearest fields

What you were doing: We were trying to place a tent. Mouse wheel - Place tent

Do you have same problem?

Same problem. I have tried to place a tent for multiple "flat" areas, but no luck. Anybody managed to put a tent on 1.5.8? I dunno why they can't work same way as new camp fires? You should be able to put a tent in a forest.

Edit: You are not even able to place a tent on NW field area which should be the most flat area.

Confirmed issue with tents with new placement system

Getting the error

Multiple tents on completely flat ground with nothing around and had multiple People try with the tents with none working

I had this issue, until I suddenly managed to set one up even though it had just told me it wouldn't work. Only I still had both of my tents in my inventory, so it basically duped one for me. So I logged out, and logged back in, and the tent was gone.

Tents definitely seem broken right now.

Spotted this in another bug report, could be useful:

*On a side note:

I have even extracted the following code from 'tent_pitch.sqf' due to my initial frustration in trying to find a suitable area to pitch said tent for 2hrs:

_location = player modeltoworld [0' date=2.5,0];

_location = [_location select 0,_location select 1,0];

_dir = round(direction player);

_isOk = count (_location isFlatEmpty [1,0,0,4,0,false,player]) > 0;

I made a small test map locally in the ArmA2 editor, tested possible locations to make sure they were suitable i.e. _isOk = true, then tried th same areas in-game/online but with no luck. Only the opening of the gear menu whilst moving and some spamming of the gear menu action seemed to get an offline verified area to work in-game/online for tent placement.

I can make a video of the tent duplication and msimatch in area determination offline vs. online for tent placement if required.

Having the same issue. Spent over an hour trying to place a tent in several different "flat" areas all around the map with no luck.

Same bug. Cannot place tent anywhere, not even on an airstrip.

Same. Always get "needs to be flat and free from objects" even in the middle of a flat field.

Same issue, couldn't place a tent anywhere and other people on the server had the same problem...

Yep. This bug is still present in 1.5.8.4 Impossible to place tent even on perfectly flat and object free areas.

1.5.8.4 still cant place a tent.

Good that I find thios topic on forum otherwise I will be kill myself from pure rage.

we cant place tents either we tried for over an hour to no avail in the most obvious spots even just to make sure and we couldnt place them at all

we are both running 1.5.8.4

funny thing is i was able to place 1 tent in 1.5.8.3 then the hotfix came out and we couldn't place the second tent haha

There seem to be whole sections of the map where tents can't be placed regardless of how flat it is or how far away you are from other objects.

temporary solution:

1st: find a good place to pitch a tent

2nd step: download dayz_code 1.5.6 and use it (put it in your addons folder and replace dayz_code which comes with 1.5.8.4)

3rd step: spawn in the server and use scroll to pitch the tent and save it. screen will flicker in black, but it doesnt bother.

4th step: but pack 1.5.8.4 and join the server and the tent is there.

EDIT: 1.5.6 dayz_code can be found here: http://cdn.armafiles.info/old/dayz_code_v1.5.6.rar

We have many tents we were able to place previously, but now there are literally no locations that will allow me to place a tent. = (

same issues, wide open land, flat, even studied the map to see where it is flat. tried in complete open fields with multiple players trying.