Sign in to follow this  
Foogles

A Safer Way of Storing Stuff

Now, I used the search bar but I could'nt find anything on this. I'm sure someone already posted it and if they have could you just reply that back and I'll delete the thread.

Anways, My idea for a making a safer way of storage is adding a Safe. It acts the same way as a tent except you can add a combiniation lock and the Safe is harder too find or can only be found at military spawn points. Along with adding the safe you could add like a safe cracking kit that is a rare find.

Any safe worth using would be far too heavy to carry any distance, personally i think that a more likely option used in the wild would be to either bury your items in a container or bag, or hide them in a tree (both options actually used in real life).

• Like 2

Any safe worth using would be far too heavy to carry any distance, personally i think that a more likely option used in the wild would be to either bury your items in a container or bag, or hide them in a tree (both options actually used in real life).

Yeah something like this. We just need more containers I think.

LOL HAULING A SAFE ACROSS CHERNARUS UP AND DOWN MOUNTAINS

YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR MIND

LOL HAULING A SAFE ACROSS CHERNARUS UP AND DOWN MOUNTAINS

YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR MIND

Yeah I guess you're right. Hauling a Safe around would be ridiculous, but we should be able to have some sort of safer way to store stuff.

So safe is too heavy? Go carry some rottors and wheels with 20 litres cans. Ill watch you do it

• Like 3

So safe is too heavy? Go carry some rottors and wheels with 20 litres cans. Ill watch you do it

This.

Safes are too heavy, but so are rotors, engine parts etc.

The simple, elegant solution: we already have entrenching tools. Give the ability to bury stuff in the ground (maybe need a duffel bag item to put them in, looks just like the tent item). If you walk within 2 or 3 meters of the spot with your entrenching tool out then the gear icon pops up.

• Like 1

Neither of which i had anything to do with implementing, I am of course speaking from a "realism" point of view, which this game is apparently aiming for. Any kind of safe that would be big enough to hold anything bigger than a pistol would certainly weigh more than one person could actually carry ~ they have to reinforce the floors in areas that most safes are placed.

As i said already, being able to bury items in the ground would be a much simpler solution, and also more elegant, not to mention realistic. Make it so each burying leaves a small patch of disturbed earth behind, just a decal really. that way someone has to make an effort to remember exactly where they left their items, but there is still a chance that someone else may find it.

What about the ability to use a wheel barrow to haul gear around until you find something better to store it in?

You could even use it to transport a wounded buddy until you can patch them up, or they regain consciousness.

If you're using one to carry items it could be represented by having a tarp thrown over it, to save having to show all the gear being carried.

Would just be funny just to see a group of bandits roaming through a town and notice one of them pushing a buddy in a wheel barrow, on their way to get medical supplies.