Sign in to follow this  
Detta (DayZ)

Have your sleeping patterns and/or social life changed since DayZ?

So, after playing DayZ and meeting new faces and playing with a consistent group, I've noticed something.

We were 12+ people, all of us playing DayZ straight for over 18 hours. And since that's so many, I have to guess; this can't just be us.

I'm actually sleeping at day and staying awake at night just to be able to play with my US Clan members. I love my clan.

Anything changed in your days/nights?

Oh god you have no idea. If it wasn't for the fact I'm paying a lot of money to study my degree, I'd probably never leave the game.

Work, DayZ, sleep - repeat.

Normally games don`t get me addicted this much. I blame Rocket for this!

• Like 1

I have less optimism for humanity, but I realize that's probably because few ppl use mics in-game.

I play while at work...

I'm basically paid to play DayZ...

:ph34r:

Edited by LeOverlord

I play while at work...

I'm basically paid to play DayZ...

:ph34r:

I tried, but they got to me, Network dudes blocked it now haha.

When i played Dayz for more then 3 hours and then i go to sleep right afterwords, I dream about my goals in the game.

This happens to every game i play alot. Its just that the pattern of a game can really stick within your head.

I don't think it's effected my pattern of sleep, but I'm trying to get more of my friends to play. I guess you can call that a change in my social life.

Oh, and I try to zoom in on things that are too far away in real life.

• Like 1

I work, dayz/eat, sleep as well. My REM sleep is all messed up too. I often find myself having a lot of Dayz based dreams. Not so much the infected but other player situations; ie:vehicles stolen, firefights with others, aimless running around to hear a gunshot in the distance and begin to either panic or become overly curious.

Last week i was half a sleep in a meeting, again because of DayZ :)

I am not going to beg for more money next year, i just want a AKM and some beans.

• Like 1

I'm studying while I play. I have the G510 keyboard and I have an auto run macro. So, I just study while I run around, or while I wait for stuff to happen. Killing two birds with one stone? I think so.

But I still do stay up quite late and sleep in late.

Oh wow, I'm surprised by all the similar experiences we have.

I think the average lifetime of humanity will decrease notably when this game reaches it's full release.

I actually goto bed around 11 pm now as that's when most the servers I play on hit night and none of my friends have NV par me so we all just goto bed and get up around 6 am xD it's quite funny I have a pretty good sleeping routine now xD

Broke up with my girlfriend of 9 years, surviving this is more important that marriage, kids and all that shit.

• Like 3

Well Sheogorath, nothing too drastic. Though some nights I've stayed up later when I otherwise would've gone to bed.

• Like 1

I used to do that when I was a teenager, good times. Enjoy it while you can, as an adult life gets in the way.

I stay up all night, then I am the walking dead all day at work. Does that count? I fantasize about it all day too. Just sad ....

Hello there

Without being troll-like, no, DAYZ has had no impact on my sleep patterns at all.

OFP>A2 (IF:L) on the other hand have had me gaming 'till the early hours.

EDIT: Nor has it affected my social life, such that it is. :)

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Nope, nothing has changed.

My gaming schedule revolves around my work schedule. If I don't go to work or am continually late I will lose my job. No job means no money. No money means I cannot pay my bills.

If I can't pay my bills I end up homeless.

Homeless means no way to play games at all.

Day starts with crawling out of my bed, while I'm trying to avoid any bone fractures. Studying till brain functions are too laggy. And then I'm enjoying the apocalypse atmosphere of DayZ with my friends. Good by real world ...

• Like 2

I average about 3-4 hours less of sleep on work days. Then while I'm at work I'm glued to my phone either on my unit website or well, here. I goto the bar twice as less, and generally try decide if I want tO get out of the house or play dayz.

I gotta work all day long. It's such a pain.

When I get home I try playing with some bros but everyone lives half the globe away so it's really hard to play together at all.

Plus I'm always so tired and ugh, working is just really bad.

Weekends though, I freaking love weekends.

I play for like 30 hours straight on weekends.

Edited by Dickhat
  • Like 1