DryGulch

Possible cheating?

Why should I go ad repeat a 6 hour loot run again when I can simply push a tiny button on my PC? I do not roleply in DayZ I kill people at the beach to let them feel miserable befcause it makes me feel warm and comfortable...

Guess I better add this guy to my "Do Not Trust" list...

Something similiar happened to me. I was checking out a barn when I've noticed a bandit with an MP5 looting some unlucky survivor in the upper floor. Well' date=' I crept behind his back and unloaded my Makarov into his head. Saw his death animation as well.

I looked around and when I looked back, his corpse was gone (I double checked if it didn't "fell through" the floor or some bug like that).

Suddenly, I see zombies swarming around the barn. Course, I peek out and guess what, the very same guy, with the very same MP5 stands in front of the building doors and unloads his clip into my face in return, while side-chatting "Faggot".

Bah.

[/quote']

Sounds to me you got what you deserved. :D

Why should I go ad repeat a 6 hour loot run again when I can simply push a tiny button on my PC? I do not roleply in DayZ I kill people at the beach to let them feel miserable befcause it makes me feel warm and comfortable...why should i give up my precious hobby for hours when I have this little "SAVE MY WORLD" button.

It's my story I can play it the way likeand its not my fault that the database dos not recognize a death fast enugh all the time. it's als not my faut that i can pla yon with last gear AFTER the you dies screen.

Should I kill myself by presing respawn intead of join every time the database server is to slow?

No because the downside of this is that you often loose good loot the same way just because the database did never aknowlege your actual gear status. Just this morning a spawned with a lee enfield and 1 mag instead of the AKM and 5 mags...this happens al the time...sometimes for your good sometimes for your bad...its pure luck and you have little control over it so it can hardly be calles cheating like hacking or using item spawn scripts to gat nukes or BMPs like on RU9

You should stop playing this mod.

You're still defending people exploiting' date=' exploiting should be a ban if it is found to be willful and repeated.

[/quote']You need to calm down and take a step back, no one should be banned for exploiting in a game EVER, especially in an Alpha build of a game.

An exploit is simply a loophole in the game itself or coding which needs to be fixed, it's a vulnerability and it is not cheating. No matter how dumb you see it as or pissed you get a person exploiting is simply taking advantage of a flaw built into the game to have an edge on others.

Everyone can do what he is doing without having to use any form of an actual cheat, he's just being smarter than all of you until it is patched out regardless of it being a dick move in morality standards.

If anything exploiting at this stage of the development should not only be fine, it should be encouraged. The more it is done, the more problems are discovered in the game that can be fixed.

Agree in part, but only through complaining and server admins getting mad , will this kind of behaviour / exploitation become a priority and weeded out of the DayZ experience. I, in no way, want this game made any easier, but I want a clear set of rules to play by, even if they are organic and ever changing ( as they will be at this stage and to a lesser extent as development matures).